What are some of the saddest songs you can think of?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
So i am looking for some sad songs . And i am looking for suggestions . Knowing how knowledgable the escapists comunity is about... Well everything , i decide to ask this here . What are some of the saddest songs you can think of? Genre doesn't matter ( as long as it's not country , please lord no ). Thanks.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Evil Angel by Breaking Benjamin

Forgive me for asking, but why do you seek sad songs?

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I don't know if my input on this is really fair since a lot of music recently has been sad to me for one reason or another.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Sad as in mood they provoke or as in story they tell? Iron Man by Black Sabbath[footnote]If you don't like their sound, there are covers by other bands.[/footnote] is the latter, for example. The lyrics tell quite a depressing story. As for the former (at least for me)
No, the video definitely doesn't help.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
ZehMadScientist said:
Evil Angel by Breaking Benjamin

Forgive me for asking, but why do you seek sad songs?
No reason really , it's more out of curiosity than anything else . There don't seem to be many "sad" songs . Well not that i know of anyways ( not that i'm a music expert , actually i'm the furthest thing from that ). Just want to see what would come up .

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Only 2 come to mind.

Yeah, there ya go.

alwaysrockon

Sep 24, 2008
If you want a song so sad it's suicidal then its "Dance with the Devil" for you (immortal technique). If you want something not exactly that sad then I suggest "It makes no difference" by The Band

Boggelz

Aug 28, 2011
Snuff by Slipknot, that one jerks at my heartstrings

Whiskey lullaby comes to mind but its country SOOOOO yeah

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Well, Cat's in the Cradle always makes me tear up a bit. I would put some Johnny Cash on here, but...

Daggedawg

Dec 8, 2010

Maybe it won't affect you much unless you understand the language, but I find this song to be very sad.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Concrete Angel, it's about a little girl that dies from child abuse and all the people around her ignore the warning signs.

Yeh.

Beat that.