What are some of the worst things?

JohnZ117

A blind man before the Elephant
Jun 19, 2012
295
0
0
A .dll adware file has stuck itself onto my p.c. Any attempts to remove it are in vain, and it's mucking up anything internet related, including this site. Do I win?
 

Twintix

New member
Jun 28, 2014
1,023
0
0
Silvanus said:
Vomiting, when people know you're vomiting/ have vomited, and so any semblance of self control or pride flies out the window.
Ah yeah, I'm in agreement with this. My food-poisoned flight home from Shanghai was made worse when I drank Cola (Which supposedly helps against nausea) and water too fast, so I had to once again rush to the bathrom and punched myself in the gut to throw up. My god, that was unpleasant.
 

Kallie

New member
Aug 11, 2012
37
0
0
Having broken a finger (which itself was bad enough), going back to the hospital a week or so later for a checkup and having the doctor tell you "It's not quite setting straight - I'm going to have to twist it"

Also, decaffeinated coffee
 

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
33,804
0
0
JohnZ117 said:
A .dll adware file has stuck itself onto my p.c. Any attempts to remove it are in vain, and it's mucking up anything internet related, including this site. Do I win?
Oh lord, that's some nasty shit. You might want to get in touch with one of the staff via the Tech Team group and see if there's any advice they can offer you for it.

OT: Getting it stuck in just about anything. If you don't know what I mean, I envy you.
 

JohnZ117

A blind man before the Elephant
Jun 19, 2012
295
0
0
Barbas said:
JohnZ117 said:
A .dll adware file has stuck itself onto my p.c. Any attempts to remove it are in vain, and it's mucking up anything internet related, including this site. Do I win?
Oh lord, that's some nasty shit. You might want to get in touch with one of the staff via the Tech Team group and see if there's any advice they can offer you for it.

OT: Getting it stuck in just about anything. If you don't know what I mean, I envy you.
How do I contact these people?

Captcha: Describe this brand with any word(s) unknown
 

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
33,804
0
0
JohnZ117 said:
How do I contact these people?

Captcha: Describe this brand with any word(s) unknown
Oh Wiggins, I forgot to link it. It's here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/chat/Tech-Team]!

OT: Hitting your knee or elbow on something and hopping about uncontrollably, giggling and swearing at the same time.
 

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
15,489
0
0
Stubbing my toes. I feel like they're going to regress and leave me an eight-toed animal.
 

Padwolf

New member
Sep 2, 2010
2,062
0
0
Barbas said:
A big ol' sweaty crap, the kind when you have to roll off your jeans like a wetsuit first. I'd much rather be answering the call of nature on a mountainside with a delicate breeze blowing, casting my eye over the distant domestic and pastoral scenes.
You, sir, you get all of my votes for anything!

When you know your period is incoming but you aren't wearing a tampon/pad/diva cup. You're at work. And then you feel it. That mad dash that you have to do to prevent a showing stain on your bum... that is the worst thing.

When you finish a book that you've been absorbed in. The world keeps on turning, but for you it stops for a while until you know what to do with your life after that book.
 

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
Padwolf said:
When you finish a book that you've been absorbed in. The world keeps on turning, but for you it stops for a while until you know what to do with your life after that book.
I got another one! When you put a CD on for background noise while reading a particular book. Then 5 years latter, after you've decided you've outgrown that CD/Band, and you try to re-read that book, but you can't do it without your brain replaying the CD while you read. Argh! I've stopped listening to music as background entirely due to that.

Captcha: Doritos: describe this brand with any word(s) - No. Just.... No.
 

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
4,828
0
0
Barbas said:
A big ol' sweaty crap, the kind when you have to roll off your jeans like a wetsuit first. I'd much rather be answering the call of nature on a mountainside with a delicate breeze blowing, casting my eye over the distant domestic and pastoral scenes.

EDIT: Vomiting so hard that you blast some of it out of your nose. Or, no, wait...when it gets stuck in the back of your throat and you try to cough it up, but you can't...argh, argh, argh...
Mmmm. Someone passed a kidney stone.

Me. That person would be me. Last week specifically. Do you want to see a grown man cry?
 

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
Fox12 said:
Barbas said:
A big ol' sweaty crap, the kind when you have to roll off your jeans like a wetsuit first. I'd much rather be answering the call of nature on a mountainside with a delicate breeze blowing, casting my eye over the distant domestic and pastoral scenes.

EDIT: Vomiting so hard that you blast some of it out of your nose. Or, no, wait...when it gets stuck in the back of your throat and you try to cough it up, but you can't...argh, argh, argh...
Mmmm. Someone passed a kidney stone.

Me. That person would be me. Last week specifically. Do you want to see a grown man cry?
Ouch.

I read somewhere recently that they polled women who have both given birth, and had kidney stones, and it was a land slide - Kidney Stone were worse by a mile. So, congrats I guess - You've experienced the most painful thing a human being can go through without losing a limb or liquidating your guts.

Captcha: Red Queen

Maybe I was supposed to be replying to this...

Padwolf said:
When you know your period is incoming but you aren't wearing a tampon/pad/diva cup. You're at work. And then you feel it. That mad dash that you have to do to prevent a showing stain on your bum... that is the worst thing.
 

Artina89

New member
Oct 27, 2008
3,624
0
0
Trying to run a time consuming experiment, with 164 samples, in a three hour time frame, when three other people all want you for something and then get offended when you can't drop what you are doing in order to help them. Then after all that having the bus break down on the way home, then finally get home where your housemate helpfully points out that the oven has broken, which means that you then have to trek out to a local fast food place to eat something when all you want to do is to go to your room, curl up in a ball and cry. Basically the day I have just had...
 

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
618
0
0
Depression, allergies, slow drivers, mortality, mosquitoes, Nazis, Taylor Swift, the rent being too damn high, DRM, onions, nightmares, poverty, crystal meth, bullies, slow internet, broken AC, losing friends, the flu, North Korea, goat cheese pizza.
 

Frezzato

New member
Oct 17, 2012
2,448
0
0
albino boo said:
I had a mini stroke at 5 am yesterday morning and I have to say and that's one of the worst things. That and Piers Morgan
Yikes. I hope you're okay. I mean, you can type and all, so I take that as a good sign.
 

Albino Boo

New member
Jun 14, 2010
4,667
0
0
Frezzato said:
albino boo said:
I had a mini stroke at 5 am yesterday morning and I have to say and that's one of the worst things. That and Piers Morgan
Yikes. I hope you're okay. I mean, you can type and all, so I take that as a good sign.
A mini stroke is when you get the symptoms of stroke without the permanent damage. I'm being prodded and probed to work out what happened. Until that's clear my entire life is in limbo, I have no idea if I can work.
 

dohnut king

New member
Sep 22, 2014
87
0
0
Batou667" post="18.882029.22227803 said:
Stepping on Lego while only wearing socks.

quote]

Try stepping on a four sided die, useable in a variety of rpg's or as caltrops.

Arthritis. You'll understand when you get older.
 

GrumbleGrump

New member
Oct 14, 2014
387
0
0
YOU!

SPECIALLY YOU, WILLIAM!

Or personally, babies. Why would someone like a being designed to be annoying is beyond me.
 

Buckets

New member
May 1, 2014
185
0
0
Spitting, one of the most odious bloody habits of them all. The UK is one big puddle of sputum nowadays.
 

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
2,367
63
53
Chocolate-flavored skittles were a heinous abomination and blasphemy towards chocolate, skittles and candy.
Having to listen to people with no 'indoor voice' talk about stupid shit throughout your lunch hour because you forgot to charge your ipod the night before.
Fining a really good book, reading it over the course of two or three days then realizing that it is the first book in a series that was only published earlier that year. That has happened to me several times in the last couple of years.