What are the best games to come out in recent years?

LaBlallin

Nov 30, 2010
So for one reason or another I haven't been able to keep up with gaming in recent years. I couldn't give specific years of gaming that I missed but I can say that the last game I really remember loving was Bioshock 2 and then there's a large gap of time followed by my experiences with Skyrim. This summer I'm trying to catch up on the games that were in the middle. If you wonderful people at the escapist could tell me your favorite games from that time period I'd really appreciate it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
none....gaming was better back in the 90's

kidding

Deus Ex
infamous 1 ans 2
mass effect series
Dead space
Fallout NV

just to name a few

LaBlallin

Nov 30, 2010
Thank you so much, I remember Deus Ex being good, I rented it once. I'll have to check out everything else. Anything else you can think of?

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
If you're talking within 3 years, my favorites were Fallout:NV, God of War 3, [small]grudgingly[/small] Mass Effect 2, and [small]cough[/small] Dragon Age Origins

Luca72

Dec 6, 2011
Tribes Ascend
Team Fortress 2
Crysis
Mirrors Edge
I really liked Dissidia: Duodecim on PSP too

The Mighty Stove

Apr 16, 2012
Alan Wake
Dark Souls
Dead Space Series
Fallout: New Vegas
Starcraft 2
Fruit Ninja (It's a game D: It's fun! I swear!)
Portal 2
Lost Odyssey
Gears of War-3
and depending how far you want to go back...
CoDMW + CoDMW2

Kielgasten

Oct 12, 2009
Assassins Creed-series,
Gears of War-series,
Dragon Age: Origins,
Mass Effect-series,
Dark/Demon´s Souls,
Limbo,
Bastion.

Happeh gaming! :)

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Dragon Age: Origins was one of my favorite games this generation.

You can buy the Ultimate Edition, which includes all the DLC and the expansion pack for only $20. It's a great deal.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
sextus the crazy said:
Saints Row 2 (the PC version is fixed and runs like a dream)
Are you serious? It always irked the hell out of me that I could run Assassin's Creed on high and it looked gorgeous but I had to turn everything in Saints Row 2 down to low and it still just barely ran.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
hmm ...
Dragon Age origins
Skyrim
Terraria
The Binding of Isaac
Crusader Kings 2
Endless Space (Although it's not out quite yet)
The Walking Dead

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
No metion of The Witcher 2 yet? This must be corrected. So yeah, The Witcher 2. It's easily one of my favourites of the RPG/Action-RPG genre. Fun combat system, interesting characters, and choices that have some actual impact on the story.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Well mine was and still is Skyrim (though it is now broken and my rage could outlive the burning of 1000 stars...) but since you've already played that:

Hmm... well...

Hang on let me think...

Nope, still Skyrim.

Play more Skyrim.

(Dragon Age: Origins not 2, Red Dead Redemption, Arkham City, StarCraft 2 though that might not cater to your type 'a game. I'm really drawing a blank here...)