What are the dumbest teammates you have seen in a game?

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I love the game, but my squad mates in Swat 3 seem to love breaching a door and then just... stand there for a crucial second in the doorway, doing nothing except get shot at.

Markgraf

Apr 1, 2009
Hmm, the worst might be either some Xbox Live or maybe this TF2 server a while back actually owned by /b/tards.

Code_Red

Jun 25, 2009
The friendly AI in Haze was pretty awful. True Crime: New York City also had terrible AI.The police NPCs would run over people you were arresting or just shoot them for no reason.

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
Most shooting games have dumb AI. A horrid example of this is CoD: World at War. The AI was horrifically bad. Your team would literally stand next to an enemy that was shooting at you and wouldn't do a thing. I don't think there even really shooting at the enemies. I think they're just pretending to shoot so that you will have to do all the work.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Human: When playing Battlefield: Bad Company, there was this annoying partner. He did everything annoying, and on purpose: Team Killed, starting to destroy the gold crate when on defense, shooting friendly tanks, and destroying any useful cover. He was being a dick, and I'm sure he succeeded.

AI: Most Call of Duty games. The earlier ones were horrifying, they would constantly be taking well-aimed shots at walls, enemies would be simple and easily could be melee'd to death, while friendlies would allow themselves to be shot until you stepped in and did something.

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
The girl from Resident Evil 5, after about 20 minutes I turned the game off, set up a time to play coop with a friend, then went back and played RE4 for the 17th time because after that abomination I actually missed Ashley.

Also, as stated countless times, the survivors from Left 4 Dead 2. Half the time we just kill it for its med kit and go on with 3.

Mafiastyle

Apr 4, 2010
There was a time in L4D2 when I got knocked down by a charger - Rochelle whom was next to me decides to leave me to go heal Coach on the other side of the map so I guess the good part in the whole thing was watching her get jumped by a hunter and getting face raped before the Game Over music came.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
Farah in Prince of Persia, sands of time. She did nothing at all to the combat, took her an hour to load up one arrow, and another hour to shoot it.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Ekonk said:
soapyshooter said:
The Marines from Halo. Christ, dont even get me started. Unless fuckers
And that's why I always shot them.

And why they shot me.

Oblivion allies always charge full into battle, even if it means standing off against a host of daedra against impossible odds, which means that, if they are vital NPC's, in less then one second you will have that wonderful notification "X is unconscious."
Atleast Bethesda fixed that little problem from Morrowind back in there if an essential died "X was an essential character, you must load from a previous save to save the doomed world you have created."

But yep battle companions where total fucktards in that game. "I'm on your side!" No shit maybe I wouldn't have severed your cerebral cortex with an arrow if you weren't in my line of sight.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Stoic raptor said:
Farah in Prince of Persia, sands of time. She did nothing at all to the combat, took her an hour to load up one arrow, and another hour to shoot it.
Even then the arrow only did maybe 5% damamge

OT: Nearly every teammate in an FPS

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Dumbass bots in TF2. There was one time I was a heavy, with a bot medic ready behind me with an uber charge. I charge in to take the final control point, and wait...no uber? I get pasted by half a dozen sentries around the point. It turns out, at the last second, the medic thought a scout running the opposite way would be a better uber buddy.

If I didn't know better, I'd say bots simulate troll behaviour perfectly.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
LordNue said:
Oblivion and fallout 3. "OH YOU'RE ATTACKING? WELL I'LL JUST RUN IN FRONT OF YOU AND THEN YELL AT YOU WHEN I GET HURT!" I hate those dicks. I've either killed or had so many of them turn on me because they kept running in front of my weapon.
This.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Halo 3 and L4D2 tie with the AI getting in your damn way whilst unloading many bullets into enemy flesh. Then they have the balls to turn and yell "Don't shoot me" or just go off and shoot you.

ThePostalGamer

Nov 25, 2009
Stoic raptor said:
That's not as bad as what happened to me.

At exactly 66% into Sands of Time, I found a save point, saved my game and intended to continue playing. Before I could move, it showed a picture of Farah being impaled in a spike pit.

I had only beaten PoP: TSoT once before that point, so I dismissed it as a minor pathfinding bug.

That would have been a fair assumption if Farah didn't spawn in that spike pit every time I loaded that save. For the one second I get to control Prince before Farah dies, she's standing on an invisible floor right above the spike pit, then she gets insta-impaled by the spikes. Oh, and I didn't have a second backup save.

Yeah, I haven't played that game in a while.

Anyway, Left 4 Dead 2 gets the gold trophy for this one, where at one point all three of them ran to the exact opposite end of the map right before a Crescendo event. They also dawdle when trying to save my from the inevitable Hunter pin. At one point, all three of them were standing right in front of me while I was getting my intestines ripped out, and they stood there for about fifteen seconds to fend off a very easily managable steady stream of Infected that any decent player could have taken on with a single pistol.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 gets an honorable mention. When they follow me (and they always are), they are right up my arse. This has been proven to be very bad when I walk into a room and four or five terrorists open fire on me from behind cover. I can't back up to get behind cover because my teammates always block my path, and this has gotten me killed a few times, whether it was enemies shooting at me and me being unable to back out of the room, or whether a grenade that I threw hit a wall, fell short and despite the three-second delay time where I could have VERY easily backtracked and got out of the way if nobody was there, I get blown up.

Denis Trailin

Feb 13, 2010
My runner up to Gears of War is Mass Effect in which my useless numskulls of teammates die in about 15 seconds and take my orders as mere suggestions.

DaOysterboy

Apr 4, 2010
See, I just resigned myself to doing everything anyways in ME. If my teammates actually managed to kill an enemy in a useful manner, then that was a nice little bonus... like finding a particularly nice weapon upgrade. Twice as rare and half as useful... but yeah.