What are the most addictive games you have played?

tagMaverick

Apr 30, 2008
Oblivion: There was so much you could do, playing on hard was epic.

Mass Effect: This game was so good; playing it on Hard twice, with the same character spec, was still fun.

mathbymsv

Apr 24, 2008
Third World Farmer http://www.3rdworldfarmer.com/ I WILL succeed someday, I will NOT kill my family (maybe I'll even try again tonight!)
Final Fantasy X
Gauntlet
Intelligent Cube

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
WoW was my time sink. Once I stopped that (pre-Burning Crusade), nothing came up until TF2.
Does Spore count? I spent quite a little bit of time (more than I'm willing to admit) looking at pretty pictures and movies when I first heard about it. Less news coming out now, but still spend some time looking for some feature I haven't seen yet.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
I went through an Ocarina of Time phase a few years ago. I still play it so maybe I am not out of the Lost Woods yet.

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
Niniux said:
I was hopelessly addicted to Ultima Online from Sept 1997 to somewhere in 2004, on and off.
Me too, although I stopped around 2001. Those early days where it was the wild-west were awesome. It seriously affected my grades in highschool.

I've also had a few days of unhealthy Civ-gaming. Civ III and IV have both made me really sleepy the next day at school/work.

The most recent game that has sucked up a lot of my time is TF2. It's just a fun game that avoided putting in anything that wasn't fun.

Edit: Just wanted to add Tetris, I too can see the shapes after a long time playing. I'll be reading something for school and I'll be filling in the spaces between the words with Tetris blocks.

Irrok the Wide

Feb 12, 2008
Super Mario Sunshine was a big game for me, I loved the island music. And playing in progressive scan was amazing. Such an overwhelming feeling of vacation. It really took me away for a long long time. I still think about it every day, as one of my fondest memories.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
WoW and Death Worm.

I stopped playing both cold turkey.

It was hard, I tell you.

Now I hate both games with a vengeance.

Quistnix

Nov 22, 2007
Wow, until I realised playing it was basicly work. That I didn't have fun, but just kept on playing because I felt I had to.

I lost months of my life to Fallout and Planescape: Torment. Diablo soaked up time too, and don't get me started on Mario & Yoshi.

Shatners Bassoon

Feb 28, 2008
Planetside without a doubt, my mother cancelled our internet subscription due to my addiction and my having exams, she tried restricting me but my paying a man to put a phone line in my attic bedroom was the final straw. God I loved that game. Imagine it remade now. Hmmmm. Terran Republic forever!

djmacbest

May 20, 2008
Quistnix said:
Wow, until I realised playing it was basicly work. That I didn't have fun, but just kept on playing because I felt I had to.
exactly. came back to it for a more casual approach a couple of months later. worked fine, was actually fun to do 2-3 instances a week. until someone I still knew practically begged me to join their guild because they desperately needed a feral. Went on one raid with them, was disgusted with the game and myself, never touched it again.

CivIII had me playing for 24 hours straight when I first installed it. Same with DisciplesII. And Tropico. I guess I'm a sucker for this kind of game.

Menthol

Apr 18, 2008
Recently? Assassins Creed (innocent slaughter ftw!)

Of all time... Probably Pokemon. I've been playing that since I was about 9. I remember when silver came out I was ecstatic. I must've dedicated over 200 hours to those games...

MichaelH

May 9, 2008
Menthol said:
Recently? Assassins Creed (innocent slaughter ftw!)

Of all time... Probably Pokemon. I've been playing that since I was about 9. I remember when silver came out I was ecstatic. I must've dedicated over 200 hours to those games...
I feel like I've failed as a gamer somehow for never having played a Pokemon game. I've never even seen a Pokemon game.

ultra_v_89

Feb 7, 2008
CoD4 multiplier. I stay at my cousins house, we link up 4 xbox 360s and don't move for hours on end. It is somuch better than just playing randoms online, you need friends to make it great. Pokemon Silver for the gameboy, where did my youth go? Oh, yeah, all 3 legendary and several level 100 pokemons.

rayxofxsunshine

Mar 13, 2008
I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I have actually called in sick to work to play WoW. (this was a couple years ago, though) I think that took the cake about the time it took my youth and ability to sleep before 3am.