What are the must-have downloadable games from Xbox Live and/or PSN? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
I haven't touched XBLA, but I would have to say Braid.

However, for the XBL Originals list, definitely Psychonauts. I love that game.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
No love for WiiWare?

I don't own a 360 or a PS3, but I'd say stuff like Pac-Man: Championship Edition and Peggle for XBLA are must-haves.

kemosabi4

May 12, 2009
I've only had experience with XLA:

Cellfactor: Psychokinetic Wars: A class-based multiplayer game that crosses first person shooter action with psychokinetic powers, such as psy sheilds, telekinesis, and teleportation.

N+: A fun platformer with a unique style, tons of levels that never get repetitive, and a level editor.

Marble Blast Ultra: A colorful 3D puzzle/action game that puts you in control of a marble trying to get to the end of the level. The levels are fun and the multiplayer is a good bonus, but I'm not sure if it's worth 800 MP.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
Peggle on anything you can get it for - casual gaming should not be so randomly fun.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
Ikaruga and Portal: Still Alive (that is assuming you don't already have the orange box.)

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
LittleBigPlanet's MGS pack never ceased to amaze me.
also, the ghostbusters pack and maybe a couple of costumes.

wgreer25

Good news everyone!
Jun 9, 2008
I am really surprised that Geometry Wars 2 has not been mentioned yet. That game has a great mix of old school "get the highest score" gameplay mixed with some techno-tunes and tons of flashy 'splosions. Couple that with some of very challenging games (waves and sequence) and you got hours of fun. I still play it and will message my friends when I beat their high scores, challenge them to beat me... it's fun.

*EDIT* If anyone would like to add me to your friends list for the purpose of score fighting, go ahead. *EDIT*

Like everyone else, I really loved Braid for all the reasons previously mentioned.

I also enjoyed the new Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers. I was an old school magic player (about 9 years ago) and this was a welcome trip down memory lane.

Shred Nebula was also pretty good. It has some fun gameplay and a very different control scheme for flying, but I really liked it. It was a welcome break from the 2D scrollers like Galaga and Ikaruga. If you like those types of games, you should check out Shred Nebula.

And Peggle... the crack that is Peggle.

Chameliondude

Jul 21, 2009
PSN - Warhawk is a definate buy, burnout is pretty good but expensive, pain is quite fun with friends as is ragdol kungfoo, Battlefield 1943 as said is very fun.
for a mindfuking experience, some games - Linger in shadows (Massive WTF, but definate try for only £1.50), Noby noby boy (trippy as hell), Flow, flower, astro tripper and super rub dub are very relaaxing and cool.

And All pixeljunk games are must haves, cheap with a hell of a lot of gameplay, monsters is very original and fun, eden is chilled and fun, shooter looks really fun as well.

Whats great about ps3 is that if you log in as someone else you can take any game they payed for, i have all these games and payed for only ragdol kungfoo and noby noby boy, its awesome

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid are good. Original Fable is good if you cant find a disk anywhere and have the room for it. Braid is your best bet though.
Lord Krunk said:
Scrythe said:
And when the hell is Sony putting up Legend of Dragoon? I mean, it's their own title!
Hear, hear!

Although, I own the game already.
I would buy a PS3 just for that. Still have it, and im dying to play it these days.
EDIT: have any of you actually finished it?

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
a verry overlooked game is pain on the psn. its verrey addicting. plus i showed it to my non gaming freinds and they were dying of laughter even if it wasnt that funny. the charecters are distingueshed and it updates everey.... friday? i cant remember. also noby noby boy should be owned by all. its just.... great. when i first booted it up and saw the picure you get if you look at the game before starting it. i knew this was going to VERRY... imaginitive.