What are you a fanboy about?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I think LiverpoolFC is the closest I get to being a fanboy of.
Nintendo is pretty close too, I can understand why people don't like them, but I just get really pissed when people claim stuff they don't know anything about -.-

Kalashnikov2092

Feb 15, 2011
I keep up with MMA religiously, pro wrestling is something I've held onto since I was a kid, Evangelion is strangely my favorite thing ever, and right now I'm really high up on the Venture Bros.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I think the big one is Halo. I doubt I will ever fanboy for a series as much as I did (and I guess continue to) fanboy for Halo. Religiously played all the games, went over the cutscenes in extensive detail, checked out as many obscure battles and information I could find on as much as I could. I was a member of Halo Fanon for a good few years until I started running out of ideas to defile with my putrid writing skills, and I think their Canon Policy is what got me so invested. I've read about seven of the books, a graphic novel or two, and Halo: Contact Harvest about three times.

Then an issue arose. Let's just say that things were looking troubling from 2011 onwards and then on the 6th November 2012 I understood what Star Wars fans felt about the prequels. You know that horrific, childish intro to MovieBob's Amazing Spider-Man 2 review? I genuinely felt that shit which was probably why I wasn't harsh on him for it. But hey, at least when I revisited the games in the MCC last year I could enjoy speaking the entire script to near enough every cutscene (especially in Halo 2 and 3) and I came at... the closest I'll ever get to peace with that thing they shat on me.

There are other things I fangirl for, the closest in terms of "obsession" I suppose would be over analysing details, statistics and background information on the career and tours of Lady Gaga, but nothing I'd really stand on the hill and die for.

Ytomyth

Nov 13, 2011
I found out I'm a fanboy of the Harry Potter books when the movies came out and I couldn't stop complaining about them.