What are you currently playing?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Genshin Impact, literally a free Zelda Breath of the wild with anime characters, and no breaking weapons, also you can switch characters.
And it has one of the worst and most anti-consumer monetization schemes there is. So you know...there's that.

It's hard to argue with free though, and you can get a pretty decent experience without spending any money, but it is going to get worse the more you play it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
And it has one of the worst and most anti-consumer monetization schemes there is. So you know...there's that.

It's hard to argue with free though, and you can get a pretty decent experience without spending any money, but it is going to get worse the more you play it.
I was interested briefly until I learned it was a Gacha game. And since I know what that is, I lost all interest in it.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Yeah, but Western AAA games have become more SJW based despite SJWs not playing video games. This is a game designed for people who like female characters who don't have ugly faces short hair, ugly clothing, and or etc.

I will throw money at a game that doesn't just cater to SJWs.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Yeah, but Western AAA games have become more SJW based despite SJWs not playing video games. This is a game designed for people who like female characters who don't have ugly faces short hair, ugly clothing, and or etc.

I will throw money at a game that doesn't just cater to SJWs.
Wait? What?

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Sayonara wild hearts. Oh wow, this gives the closest audio-visual feeling to having an MDMA trip I've ever seen, almost like it's purposeful. Kinda made me miss those days a lot. Only criticism is some tracks sound like they end before they even get the chance to kick in, like a disappointing radio edit. Nice album they happened to make a videogame for though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sayonara wild hearts. Oh wow, this gives the closest audio-visual feeling to having an MDMA trip I've ever seen, almost like it's purposeful. Kinda made me miss those days a lot. Only criticism is some tracks sound like they end before they even get the chance to kick in, like a disappointing radio edit. Nice album they happened to make a videogame for though.
Been meaning to check that out. I know there is a physical version on Switch.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I rather enjoyed it for being the trippy interactive/arcadey music video it is. My only gripe(if it can be called one) is you can finish it in 2 or 3 hours tops and I'm not sure there's anything more beyond that.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I rather enjoyed it for being the trippy interactive/arcadey music video it is. My only gripe(if it can be called one) is you can finish it in 2 or 3 hours tops and I'm not sure there's anything more beyond that.
The price for the physical version is $34.99, so I can consider it worth the money. I know the digital version is $15 cheaper, but I want to own it.

Reactions: Dalisclock

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I admit i buckled and got it on sale through PSN for like around £5.90 maybe. Physical is always preferred, but i was weak, and most importantly, bored. Would recommend using headphones if available, especially if on Switch, the music is a noticeable priority.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

Actually you can just be f2p. The game is not hard at all. No need to spend any money at all.

Wait? What?
The game is very traditionally beautiful, with feminine and cute female chars aplenty. Basically think of the opposite to the char designs in the Outer Worlds.

Reactions: Gergar12

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Actually you can just be f2p. The game is not hard at all. No need to spend any money at all.

The game is very traditionally beautiful, with feminine and cute female chars aplenty. Basically think of the opposite to the char designs in the Outer Worlds.
But if you want your waifus you gotta pay...with a 0.2% drop rate or something ludicrous like that. This isn't just hunting for whales, it's poaching them.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
But if you want your waifus you gotta pay...with a 0.2% drop rate or something ludicrous like that. This isn't just hunting for whales, it's poaching them.
You get a waifu at the start, many more. I mean if you want someone very specific good luck.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
And that has to do with SJWs how?

Or has that term now changed to mean "Hates Waifus"?

I honestly have no idea. I haven't heard that term used non-ironically for a couple years now. For I know, it means "Likes Pinapple on pizza" for as much meaning as it ever seemed to have.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Nah you just gotta save the summon items you earn if you want a specific char for some reason, every 90 pulls it's guaranteed SSR, the 0.6 rate is only for the early pulls and if you don't get what you want the rate increases.

Also you legit have no need for your "waifus" lol. The free chars the game gives you as you advance are adorable enough. Amber Lisa and Noelle are great.

I honestly have no idea. I haven't heard that term used non-ironically for a couple years now. For I know, it means "Likes Pinapple on pizza" for as much meaning as it ever seemed to have.
They tend to like to hate on chars who are made to be appealing to heterosexual men and prefer chars who look like the ones in the outer worlds so that's the connection.

You get a waifu at the start, many more. I mean if you want someone very specific good luck.
Yeah that's the thing, the game rains free waifus on you. You do NOT need to spend money to have them.

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

SJWs or social justice warriors in video games are people who lobby, consult, and generally give advice to people in the video game industry to make games more "friendly" to non-white non-men people(anyone but CIS gender men)

This could mean more benign things like increase diversity in both video game companies, and characters as well as sexual orientation diversity. Personally, I have no problem with these

They also could make games have

Less pretty female characters, less pretty clothing, etc.

I personally want the ability like Black Desert to create either the most good looking characters, with the most revealing clothing or the opposite, but these puritans don't want that diversity because it creates "a sexist environment, and creates bad gender stereotypes"

My theory is that they will go after violence in video games, and make them less violent since all progressives ( issued to be one), are never satisfied, they want unlimited progress just like how big business wants unlimited profits.

And so I turn to single-player games to mod them, sadly those websites that host the mods, and those games are susceptible to SJWs influence due to SJWs increasing their influence, and likely forcing ISPs to disallow them.

Oh, and in politics, they mean anyone who is socially liberal, which ironically includes me. (right now)

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
SJWs or social justice warriors in video games are people who lobby, consult, and generally give advice to people in the video game industry to make games more "friendly" to non-white non-men people(anyone but CIS gender men)

This could mean more benign things like increase diversity in both video game companies, and characters as well as sexual orientation diversity. Personally, I have no problem with these

They also could make games have

Less pretty female characters, less pretty clothing, etc.

I personally want the ability like Black Desert to create either the most good looking characters, with the most revealing clothing or the opposite, but these puritans don't want that diversity because it creates "a sexist environment, and creates bad gender stereotypes"

My theory is that they will go after violence in video games, and make them less violent since all progressives ( issued to be one), are never satisfied, they want unlimited progress just like how big business wants unlimited profits.

And so I turn to single-player games to mod them, sadly those websites that host the mods, and those games are susceptible to SJWs influence due to SJWs increasing their influence, and likely forcing ISPs to disallow them.

Oh, and in politics, they mean anyone who is socially liberal, which ironically includes me. (right now)
Uh....ok. Sure, I guess.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I guess Firefly is SJW then because Outer Worlds is literally a ripoff of basically every Firefly character. Just maybe Obsidian have staff that loved Firefly vs some ridiculous SJW conspiracy that ends in selling less games that makes no god damn Goram sense.

Violence should be "attacked" in video game because there are far more meaningful interactions afforded by the medium than killing 1,000s of enemies every single game.

But unlimited "progress" does not equal unlimited profits, the SJW conspiracy makes no sense. Whatever groups spend the most money on video games will be pandered to just like at any other previous time (if content is trending different than before, it's because the audience is different than before), and in the wise words of Snake Plissken... The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I guess Firefly is SJW then because Outer Worlds is literally a ripoff of basically every Firefly character. Just maybe Obsidian have staff that loved Firefly vs some ridiculous SJW conspiracy that ends in selling less games that makes no god damn Goram sense.

I dunno what "Firefly" is so I can't speak to that, sorry.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Violence should be "attacked" in video game because there are far more meaningful interactions afforded by the medium than killing 1,000s of enemies every single game.

But unlimited "progress" does not equal unlimited profits, the SJW conspiracy makes no sense. Whatever groups spend the most money on video games will be pandered to just like at any other previous time (if content is trending different than before, it's because the audience is different than before), and in the wise words of Snake Plissken... The more things change, the more they stay the same.
There has been a trend of less in-depth character customization in games because of SJWs. Look at Bioware, Rockstar, Bethesda, literally every other game but Capcom games have been like this.

In some games like Mass Effect Andromeda, and Red Dead Redemption 2, it's either very hard to make a good-looking character, or at the beginning, it's downright impossible.

And violence shouldn't be the only interaction, but I wouldn't ban it like what I imagine future SJWs doing. They want censorship not a diversity of games.