What are you doing in 5 hours?

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Probably getting disappointed that the big game release has been delayed.

Witcher 3? No no, I'm talking about the Steam release of Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 2. It was SUPPOSED to be being released today but its been pushed back to June. >_>

Witcher 3 I'm not hyped over at all. Never got into the series. The first one I tried to play the demo of several times but every time I played it the combat was just so, so awful I couldn't even finish the demo, so I skipped the game. Witcher 2 I kinda like (and got really cheap on Steam) but it never really gripped me and I've only played a few hours.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Seth Carter said:
Well I was going to be going to buy The Witcher 3 (disc, console peasant, yadayada).
Then I watched some Let's Plays and the most interesting part was the card game.
Thereby I'll probably be working out or somesuch.
It's vaguely impressive that they manage to take an ARPG and turn it into a puzzle game. Then immediately and constantly tell you the puzzle's solutions beforehand. Use Igni on this monster, use Yrden on that.We color coded the monsters for which sword hurts them so you don't need to actually be awake.
And don't even get me started on the "Use Witcher Gaze and click on the glowy bit" investigation puzzles
The Witcher vision is kind of bullshit and not very fun, after 5 hours of playing, outside of investigation puzzles where you just search inside a radius for the glowy red object, it basically ends up being a shittier version of the ping from DA:Inquisition, basically just spam it to find lootable objects in the area. It's especially bad in follow the footsteps puzzles that crop up in at least a couple of the first zone side quests, which sucks because it just amounts to following a red glowy trail on the ground while everything turns blurry so you can't even appreciate the nice vistas and gorgeous sky boxes.

The health bar color coding is also pretty much pointless as Geralt will automatically pull out the correct sword right when he enters combat, and monsters and regular enemies don't really hang out with each other so there isn't even a reason to switch swords in mid-combat. The potions have been completely streamlined as well, although this change I like a little better because the pausing to use potions before combat through the menus system in Witcher 2 didn't make me think strategically, it just made me want to not use potions, so I am actually using potions more in combat now. Also, the game does a terrible job explaining this through the million and a half different crafting materials, but once you make a potion, you will use a specific generic ingredient to replenish them every time you meditate, so don't bother too much with trying to farm herbs to stockpile potions, you make the max amount when you first craft one, and it will attempt to auto-restore them every time you meditate, the material to auto-restore seems pretty common, so unless you are spamming potions in every fight, you can pretty reliably always have full potions once you make the first set.

I'm still enjoying the game so far, but man does it seem to have a lot of the same niggling issues and streamlining that DA:inquisition had. You can see some of the decisions were obviously made to fit the game on consoles, and that does kind of suck for the dedicated PC fans. It is definitely a really pretty looking game on ultra though, the weather, lighting and sky are all fabulous, especially storms where you can see trees being bent by the wind.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Fallow said:
It's a shame that you can't finetune your history on consoles, though that's just another reason to join the PC master race. You get undeserved ego just for joining!
Here's modern society as reflected by gaming hardware:
Lol. That diagram... What happens when a single person fits in 4 of those 6 categories? XD
(Hey. I take my gaming seriously thank you very much... :p)

I mean, I'd make it all 6, but... Apple? Ew. And Steam boxes? That seems... Kinda redundant if you already have a PC...

Ahem...

As for the witcher... Eh. Still don't care.

Although... The trailers don't look so bad...
But... No, still don't care.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Wow, the negativity in this thread is depressing.

The game has little to no problems, has great stories and what have you not.

And all I see in this thread is people "meh, I don't care about The Witcher" (then wtf are you doing in this thread?) and "This one game functions is bad" (even though it is a real good compromise between having Quest Markers lead EXACTLY where you need to go (seriously, like 90% of RPGs, which is sad) and having no quest markers at all).

Seriously, I just found different parts of the same story (which btw includes a gay character) by asking around in the world, completely optional.
The only thing this thread needs now is how the game is very misogynist, even though like every female character in it is nothing like a damsel or some other shit.
Just know a drunken girl smashed the innkeepers head on a table. Very misogynist.
(Yes, now I'm taking the piss)

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
I will have finished several hours of scanning old magazine pages (I have no life) and will probably be ready to have dinner while watching JoJo. I will follow that with a few hours of Black Flag. Today is a quiet day, nothing is required.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Whelp. Justin Bibsicle is all over my escapist account for 24 hours now. You win for now, escapist. Ill shut up and return to the witcher until you are satisfied with my punishment.
*Slinks off in shame*

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
the silence said:
And all I see in this thread is people "meh, I don't care about The Witcher" (then wtf are you doing in this thread?)
...the title of this thread is "What are you doing in 5 hours?" not "Witcher 3 hype thread" or even "Witcher 3 discussion thread".

Hell I had zero clue what the hell the OP was on about until I read the second post.

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
Absolutely loving the combat. It feels awesome and alive.

Wolves behave like douchebags, the target always slinking away while flankers hit me in the back.
Water hags are even worse, throwing what I can only hope is wet sand at me from a distance, only to submerge when I approach them and then stab me in the back with a quick re-emergence from the depths.

Charge attacks are now too strong to block, and dodging / rolling is a must.
Horse combat is satisfying, and the damage is pretty severe (though hitting small agile opponents is damn hard).

This game is amazing.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Lets see, it being 3 pm here...

by 8 my dad and I will be at the gym. Cardio night! 20lbs ankle weights on each leg, and 20mins of StairMaster at 180 steps per minute.
It sucks and I love it!

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Working in my retailer where we are getting a visit from a Lord.

No, not THE Lord, a Lord. I have to talk to him about what I do and stuff. So no pressure :¬/

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
LeathermanKick25 said:
Fallow said:
Zhukov said:
Fallow said:
Zhukov said:
Well, I don't have work tomorrow so, depending on the exact time, I shall either be at home playing Witcher 3, at a bakery eating lunch, at the gym or moving between one of the aforementioned locations.

I'm sure this information will prove invaluable.
Lies! How do you explain going to the bakery if you want to gym it up?
I go to the bakery in order to imbibe the protein and energy required for an hour or so of picking up heavy things and putting them down again.
Everyone knows you get your protein from tackling wild animals and feasting on their legs, not from some magical strudel factory. Unless...

Are you a wizard?
Better, Australian. We spend so much time fighting and survive the giant funnel web mounted drop bears that we enjoy a nice moit pie at the bakery for our protein needs.
Someone seriously needs to make a game with Funnel Web Bears in it. The amount of nope would be staggering.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I'll be at the Red Sox game singing the national anthem with the Boston Pops (no seriously) and then when I finish singing, I'll rush home to play some video games because I couldn't care less about baseball.

Anyway, regarding Witcher 3, I'm planning to upgrade my computer with new parts on Saturday, so I won't be playing it until Saturday evening or Sunday. After all, why play it now, when I'll only end up having to re-install it and start from scratch later this week?

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Fantasy settings never really caught my attention, so the Witcher series? I look at it and see a dude with white hair.

As for me? Well, it's 20:00 right now. In five hours, I'll probably be sleeping. Or, X-com, baby! Got mah Tea, starting on my MEC's, and gonna try and upgrade my long war planes. Would love for those things to actually fucking shoot something down. >.< Like, sometime this invasion guys. Just think of them as clay pigeons, you might hit something!

If I decided to get The Witcher, I'd want to start from the 1st one and make my way forward from there. though, wasn't Projekt Red working on a cyberpunk setting on one of their games? Rrrrowwlh. That's my hot cuppa tea right there. I'd process a game from them in that kind of setting any day.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Well for me it'll be a toss up between finishing "The World Engine", watching a crappy horror flick on the big screen or binge watching "Noir" on said big screen.

That or I should get off my butt and grind a bit more in FFX for more cash and items, damn you Yojimbo.....

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
CrystalShadow said:
Fallow said:
It's a shame that you can't finetune your history on consoles, though that's just another reason to join the PC master race. You get undeserved ego just for joining!
Here's modern society as reflected by gaming hardware:
Lol. That diagram... What happens when a single person fits in 4 of those 6 categories? XD
(Hey. I take my gaming seriously thank you very much... :p)

I mean, I'd make it all 6, but... Apple? Ew. And Steam boxes? That seems... Kinda redundant if you already have a PC...

Ahem...

As for the witcher... Eh. Still don't care.

Although... The trailers don't look so bad...
But... No, still don't care.
The highest counts, and everything else is then slumming by degree X.

So you would be PC master race with a sharp tendency of slumming (and one case of beastiality).

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
Johnny Impact said:
I will have finished several hours of scanning old magazine pages (I have no life) and will probably be ready to have dinner while watching JoJo. I will follow that with a few hours of Black Flag. Today is a quiet day, nothing is required.
JoJo like the poster here? You stalk him while boiling things?

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
V4Viewtiful said:
Working in my retailer where we are getting a visit from a Lord.

No, not THE Lord, a Lord. I have to talk to him about what I do and stuff. So no pressure :¬/

(I bet you read that in his voice).