What are you going to be for Halloween?

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
I know it's a tad early, but some people have to make their costumes (not me) and thus will be starting nowish. Do you guys already know what you're going to be? I'm betting we'll see a lot of zombie Amy Winehouses, but maybe that's just because I'm hopeful.

I'm considering either being Sailor Pluto of Sailor Moon

or the supa cute Asuka Langley Soryu of Evangelion

edit Saturday morning
Just ordered the Asuka costume. So hype! I wonder if I'll be able to get away with my pink hair or have to dye it orange.
I wonder if dying blonde dye over my pink hair will make it orange? experiments...

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Me and my girlfriend are going as Kratos and Athena. Still in the Beta phase though. Having trouble with the Blades of Athena and Athena's headware.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
well i was going to be a vampiric bunny girl but seeing as how I am working a halloween event for an amusement park I will be a pumpkin headed scarecrow scaring the shite out of people

Maeta

Jun 8, 2011
I have never done anything for Halloween, really... This last year I wanted to answer the door with the meat clever but my housemates tackled me... Back in '08 the German girl who lived upstairs from me in uni halls asked if I'd watch a film with her, and then wound up with her mate too.
So... to give a proper answer to your question: lonely :p

I've never really seen the appeal in the whole Halloween thing, but a mate of mine, a really quiet lad, went out one year as Malcolm McDowell from Clockwork Orange... so I'd give kudos to anyone who goes for this

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I'm thinking Bill from Left 4 Dead again.
I should try to make a better beard this time, though.
Last time it was just a bundle of yarn and some tape.
Cotton balls will be the order of the day.

VladmirL

Aug 12, 2009
I'm going to wear the doll-face mask from the Marble Hornets videos, while my very, very tall friend will be going as slender man.

Maeta

Jun 8, 2011
smearyllama said:
Glancing over this and watching TV at the same time, I read this as Bill Clinton. I dunno how, but that would be a good one...

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I think I might grow out a goatee and go as Gordon Freeman before he gets into the HEV suit. I've already got most of the material, I just need that striped tie and a white lab coat. I can easily make a Gordon Freeman name tag to clip to the coat at Kinkos.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Maeta said:
smearyllama said:
Glancing over this and watching TV at the same time, I read this as Bill Clinton. I dunno how, but that would be a good one...
I should get a friend to go as him.
I should also get my dad to dress up as Barry Burton from Resident Evil.
He looks like him, and his middle name is Barry, too.

Limecake

May 18, 2011
Whatever costume I can make I suppose, I moved in winter and the city I'm in doesn't really have any good places to go for building supplies.

Maybe I'll be Raol Duke from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, shouldn't be too hard to get the components for that one.

last year I was corn on the cob so it's going to be tough to top that one, put a lot of effort into it.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I'm doing a Lazy Shepard since I have neither the time, money, resources, space or skill to make N7 armor. The original plan was to just buy the original N7 hoodie and a wig that looks like my FemShep's hair, but since even that's too pricey, I'm aiming to make an N7 Hoodie and simply cut my hair short.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
I'm probably going to be V from V for Vendetta. That was an awesome movie, criminally underrated IMO.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Going to an Anime convention that weekend... as for the day of... Unno... it's a Monday. I lack kids, and am far to old to do anything myself.

Edit:

Oh, and in terms of what I'm going to be... One of these

or

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Am doing nothing for halloween, im not a child. But i will go and have drinks. Its a good excuse for drinking.

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Dreadman75 said:
I'm probably going to be V from V for Vendetta. That was an awesome movie, criminally underrated IMO.
I think it's been poorly received because of the whole anti-terrorism push that's been going on in the last decade. Any film that is seem as sympathizing with terrorists probably gets marginalized. That's just a guess, completely. I loved the film though. Yay Natalie with her head shaved!