What are You Playing Now / Last Game You Beat

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Surprised a thread like this isn't on the front page. Anyways the concept of the thread is simple. Tell us the community, what game you are playing. A general summary of what you're doing so far; pros and cons. And/or other things that cross your mind about said game. You may also return to this thread to describe more in depth or vent about said game after your initial post. And eventually describe the last game you beat; and if you were satisfied with it or not. The choice is yours on how you go about sharing your recent gaming experiences with others.

A good OP goes first. I'm currently playing MGSV. And including the time I've left the game on to collect resources/money and develop stuff; I've accumulated 90 hours in total time; and I'm on mission 30 now. Minus the microtransactions and how expensive and excessively long it takes to develop stuff, I am really enjoying the latest installment of MGS. I love the buddy system, selection of weapons and smart ever changing AI. And have grown very attached to Quiet in particular for her skillset.

Nov 28, 2007
Currently, I'm splitting my time between X-Com 2, Mass Effect 2, and The Old Republic (yes, the MMO).

I quite like X-Com 2. It does have some issues, mostly on a technical side, and it seems like the game is designed merely to frustrate you above all else (for example, see my post on why games feel the need to lecture you for sucking), but it's one of those games where you are pissed off when the game piled bullcrap on top of you, but then feel great when everything clicks. Having all my male Americans voiced by Bob Ross helps as well. Yay, mods.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Currently between Ark: Survival Evolved and Dying Light expansion The Following.

Ark I play with my son as he loved dinosaurs. Today I brought him to my online game in PvE and he loved riding the tribes T-Rex around roaring and eating other dinos. Game is addicting and a lot of fun, currently at 49 hours played. The Following is really good, Dying Light was a surprising hit for me and The Following continues the trend.

Last game beat was Firewatch.

I enjoyed it a lot, great story and interesting characters, I couldn't put it down till I finished it.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
Good show Jak, I knew something was missing lol.

Aside from the usual looped GTA V story playthroughs, I've been rocking a bit of fallout 4 (second character) and I continue to love it. This particular character is a melee based heavy weapon/power armor using, bad-ass chick.

I've also picked Deus Ex:HR directors cut up again. Loving the adjustments the directors cut made to the game.

As for multiplayer, me and my regular multiplayer crew have been playing our usual l4d's 1 and 2, GTA Online, and we've begun going through Borderlands 2 again. We tried out that Division Beta but after a few ours and as many missions, we were a little turned off by the lack of enemy and mission variety.

...and then there's one of my favorite pass times, slaying demons in Diablo III

I've been messing around with the legacy of nightmares ring set with my monk. I'm currently alternating between variations of the fire bell and tempest rush LON builds.

Here's a vid of me rocking Greater Rift 63 with the LON fire bell build. This vid is a bit dated though. I've since hit GR 67 and have developed an absolutely insane T10 speed farming variation.

Build/Gear/Cube at 10:27 if anyone wants to discuss theorycraft.

Jan 19, 2016
Currently playing:
Witcher 3 - 90 hours in, I'm getting close to the end (I think) and have done most of the quests in the game. It's every bit as amazing as everyone says, and definitely goes into my all-time top five. The world is beautiful and feels extremely realistic, the music is great (if a bit repetitive), and the story, voice acting, and script are all excellent. My only real complaint is that the controls are awkward at times, and the combat is kind of basic; then again, every combat system feels somewhat lacking after Bloodborne.

Previously played:
Life is Strange - Many feels were had. I cried manly tears.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm playing Battlefield 4, Battlefront (don't judge me), and am currently in the first mission of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves from the Nathan Drake Collection.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Last game I beat: Harvest December (godly 3ds visual novel )

Games currently playiing, in order of most to least recently obtained: Project x Zone 2, Nitroplus Blasterz, mugen souls, Atelier Ayesha Plus, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Madoka Magica the battle pentagram, Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend, Guilty Gear Xrd, Under Night in Birth exe;late, Dengeki Bunkou Fightin Climax, Arcana Heart 3 love max!!!!!, Skyrim.

You'll notice a pattern here I'm sure. It's all about jrpgs and fighters and random anime games from series I'm a fan of.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Cool. I will update every time I play something new.

Last Game I Beat: Read only Memories.
I finish it yesterday and I must say it is satisfying for what it want to be: A Classic Snatcher like Adventure game with sweet sweet 2D enviroments and characters. The Characters I mentioned are very likeable and colorful and their dialog are enjoyable. Also the music is good.
Sadly I must say the story is just ok and there is some weird difficulty to play it with the mouse...
The best way to play it is with the Keyboard. Only few times I wanted to use my mouse cause I could select a specific area in the map or an object. However my biggest problem is it doesn't have a skip button like the Visuals Novels. Because it have multiple Endings it could be logical to have somekind of way to skip some dialog you saw before and only NOT skip the new ones. It doesn't. A HUGE negative for this kind of game.
In other words the game is very enjoyable if you like Colorful Cyberpunk Theme games and interesting characters, but beware that maybe you don't want to play the game again just for the technical difficulties it have.
8/10. Very Good Game.

Game I Play Now: Citizens of Earth

I never played the SNES game Earthbound, but from what I saw and hear about this game, it take a lot of elements from the game.
The game from the Beggining was very enjoyable and unique: Being the Vice President of the World you must find why some very strange things take place in your Hometown. At first your Mother and Brother will help you with your Quest, but later will recruit other people which represent joyful stereotypes of different kind jobs they have.
The combat is very standar for a RPG game with some small twists on it, but sadly after some hours it get repetitive and boring....
Gladly the enemy design most of the time is SUPERB and enjoyable to look at it.
I hope in the end the game get more enjoyable for its gameplay, because even if I like the look of it, I think I will just check the ending on Youtube.....too much Grinding for my taste.

Zaeseled

May 17, 2011
I'm replaying Scholar of the First Sin since my 80h save got corrupted. A bit pissed over the progress lost but also happy cause now I can play it through again and fist the enemies dead.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Been playing more Civ 5 lately along with Fallout 4 and Mount and Blade Warband.

The last game I beat was a game of Civ 5, playing as England.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Currently playing Duke Nukem 3D (the Duke Caribbean addon), Watch Dogs and Far Cry 4. And 12 is Better Than 6. Yeah.
The last game I beat is Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Last game beaten was Firewatch, which I thought was fantastic. Currently I am playing through Mad Max, which I'm sure is a much more fun game to play when it runs faster than 15 frames a second on your machine. Right now all I've got is jittery car action and the most bare-bones story I have seen in a AAA release in years.

On the PS3 I am half way through Catherine and Alien: Isolation. I can only play them for short periods of time because of the ridiculous amount of stress it causes. Otherwise they are great.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
I'm playing street fighter 5 and having a blast with it. Don't buy it if you are a casual player though, due to lack of casual content.

Last game i beat was Sword art online: hallowed fragment. I enjoyed it, but i couldn't recommend it to anyone to be honest. Unless you are a hardcore SAO fan and even then meh.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
I just beat Bloodborne. I powered through that game in 28 hours, which surprised me because that included most of the dlc. I beat Maria in the clock tower but didn't know that I could go further.

Currently I am not playing anything. Although I have a few choices to pick from. I think my next adventure is going to be Far Cry Primal.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Last game I played were Rise of the Tomb Raider and the Grim Fandango remake.

Last game I finished was Diablo 3. I mean, I beat the game and completed the season, so I have no interest in going back to it for some time...

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Last weekend I finished 'Bloodborne' including the DLC for the first time and 'The Evil Within' and two of the three DLCs. I'm not sold on the Executioner stuff, but at this point I've poured so much time in this long game that I don't mind putting in another two just to see everything once.
Oh, and I also finished something that rubbed me the wrong way in every aspect called 'Firewatch'. What a bad purchase...

For what I'm playing... there's quite a lot that I've started. But there are some games I've stuck to in the past weeks:
- Dark Souls 1 and 2: I only finished Bloodborne and Demons' Souls. Killed the Gaping Dragon yesterday, off to Blighttown now...
- The Witness: Yeah, I'm not clever. But I'll get through this somehow.
- Stasis: Neat little horror adventure
- Pillars of Eternity: Great RPG that reminded me so much of my beloved Baldur's Gate that I got the Addons instantly
- Torment: Tides of Numenera: Not very far in, but from what I experienced this is as great as Planescape

As dor things I would like to play through at some point: My pile of shame is so immense that it's overwhelming sometimes. Most of the time I look at my Steam library I can't decide what to play - and I'm fully aware that this is my first world problem.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Currently playing Dragons Dogma, which has pretty fun combat and good atmosphere ... although sometimes the atmosphere is pretty depressing, especially if it has a dark sky, so I don't play it all the time.

Blade and Soul. It's pretty cheesy, pretty buggy, but still kind of fun for some reason, having a fighting-style-like combat system.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
With a quick skim through the answers I am the first one mentioning Xenoblade Chronicles X.
currently 110 hours into the game and I am on chapter 11, I think there are 14 or 15?

Basically I am doing sidemissions, affinity missions and trying to explore the last parts of the world. Trying to fill up the collectopedia and so on. Maybe in 2 or 3 hours I must take the next step of the storymode to acquire more of the sidemissions. Then I am getting to a levele and affinity between characters to start doing the harder affinity missions (you can become better friends with different characters and heighten the affinty between you by doig missions together, and by doing that one acquires more sidemissions and you get to know the NPC characters and their history).

I am really enjoying the game, hell I wouldn't have put 100+ hours into it if I didn't.
I just wish I'd get real people to play with, and try doing online missions in a group with real players and not just NPCs.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Currently splitting my game time between The Witcher(Enhanced Edition),because I need to play Witcher 3 eventually and find out why it's so praised, and Sunless Sea, which is oddly calming, despite the creepy stuff lurking in the dark corners.

I'm digging both, but Sunless Sea can be unforgiving if you don't know what you're doing(which fits the setting) and the Witcher takes a while to get going(as in, I didn't start getting interested until Chapter 2).

Last Game I completed was OxenFree, which was good for what it was.

Xerosch said:
- Stasis: Neat little horror adventure
I've heard a lot of people praise it. I tried it but didn't get very far. I think I need to give it another go.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Right now, I'm having a lot of fun with Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, because I knew that everyone else would do Birthright and I don't like being just another player, man. I'm also trying to power through all the story bits of FF XIV, but I keep getting sidetracked by all the dungeons that I haven't completed either and all the classes that I want to level up as well. Warframe has also done a pretty good job of keeping my attention, if only because I like John Woo'ing through the air, firing machine pistols at dickheads screaming at me in alien.

Other than that, most of my single player games have, unfortunately, been neglected due to my lack of time to sit down and play them as I am too busy trying to get to Heavensward with my friends and trying to get good stuff in Warframe, as mentioned above. If I COULD sit down and play them, however, I would probably try to get back into Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Darkest Dungeon, and Xenoblade Chronicles X. But I suppose that's not what the thread is about, so...