What are you qualified to do?

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
I'm qualified to chew gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of ass.

*chew chew chew*

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Basic hardware and software programming and assembling.
And I am a qualified and working EMT.

dfphetteplace said:
Fight fires, Rapid Intervention Techniques, Advanced Vehicle Extrication, Rapid Water Rescue, Ice Rescue, Search and Rescue, Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, IV's, IO's, Endotracheal Intubation, Surgical Cricothyrotomy, Critical Care, Advanced Prehospital Trauma Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Teach CPR. You know, just usual stuff.
Well, now you're making me look bad. Fire department paramedic?

Hell-On-Wheels

Sep 30, 2011
Qualified Freight Conductor
General-Class Amateur Radio License
SKYWARN Spotter
Sport Pilot Certificate

That's about all of the more unusual qualifications I have.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
I have a degree in Chemistry. Apparently that makes me qualified for lots of things. I still haven't quite accepted that fact...

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I am qualified to drive a forklift and accounting. Man I am really fucking good at adding numbers.

Happy Sock Puppet

Aug 10, 2010
I am qualified to sell commercial, residential, and auto insurance. That test was a real bear. I have also worked as a personal banker at a bank, but I most certainly not doing that again. I also have my associate's degree and a clear background check, so I am also qualified to be a substitute teacher.

ghostsprite9

Dec 1, 2008
Well i'm halfway through A levels so besides AS's in biology, physics and maths not much:
Dive without a professional up to 18m deep
I have graded dance qualifications, so there is that
Sing, act play guitar
Got a few GCSE's

But hoping to do Bioengineering at Uni.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Well, I recently got my Bachelor's, so (at least on paper) I am now qualified to teach English and Geography; however, I'm not going to start looking for a job until I got my Master's, otherwise my chances of finding a position with decent pay wouldn't be all that hot.

Other than that... well, I'm qualified to drive a car.
Oh yeah, and there's all that stuff from my time in the navy - all the basic training any soldier gets, plus a proficiency in signals and codes (light, sound, flag), morse code, comms, firefighting procedures and protocols, etc.

Mafoobula

Sep 30, 2009
Let's see... I'm a certified Combat Life-Saver, making me the equivalent of a halfway decent paramedic. I'm a qualified marksman, meaning if the rifle is zeroed right, I can reliably pick off a target at 200 meters, though it'll take a couple tries at 300. Annnnd I know how to make a M777 howitzer go boom.
Beyond that, I'm a pretty good chef and, if I can be allowed to self-judge, I have a fine singing voice.
Oh yeah, driving. I'm a good driver, even if it's a 5-ton truck, and I'll tell ya, those things are a bee-yetch to drive.

zxvcasdfqwerzxcv

Nov 19, 2009
I've a degree in Business Studies and Sociology, but I've long since abandoned that.

I'm now a qualified sound engineer, which makes me qualified to do LOTS of FUN things :D
I love my work!

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Corpse XxX said:
I have a degree in Aquaculture..

So im working as a salmon fishfarmer, im also qualified to work as a scientist/researcher on marine life..
That must be an interesting conversation starter.

"So, what do you do?"
"I'm a farmer."
"What do you farm?"
"Mostly salmon."

I don't have any real professional qualifications yet.

NeuroticDogDad

Apr 28, 2010
Boombox2003 said:
I'm a qualified Biomedical Scientist, able to tell if you have cancer or anaemia or anything inbetween.
Biomedical always sounded a bit tautological to me. But well done, good qualification.

Lukeje said:
I have a degree in Chemistry. Apparently that makes me qualified for lots of things. I still haven't quite accepted that fact...
Hell yeah man, we could rule the world with these bits of paper.

I have a Bachelors in Chemistry so ditto but I'm also a Postgrad Chemist and am now Authorised Personnel in a relatively dangerous building (lots of flammable stuff, various viruses being analysed, hydrofluoric acid, etc.) which means I'm qualified to perform experiments there.

Beyond that I am qualified to drive and not piss on my shoes (mostly).

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Dags90 said:
Corpse XxX said:
I have a degree in Aquaculture..

So im working as a salmon fishfarmer, im also qualified to work as a scientist/researcher on marine life..
That must be an interesting conversation starter.

"So, what do you do?"
"I'm a farmer."
"What do you farm?"
"Mostly salmon."

I don't have any real professional qualifications yet.
I've also farmed trout, but im also qualified to farm Cod, Halibut and Lobster..

Also been offered job on researching algae, as live feed for fish after hatching..