What are you reading right now?

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
what I'm typing

ZeroMachine said:
Two books at the moment.

Steven King's "The Stand" and Deus Ex: Icarus Effect.
The Stand is really good, but I say that with a caveat-- it will mess you up, not from the horror but from other stuff, at least/especially if you read the unabridged version.

Lokithrsourcerer

Nov 24, 2008
I'm currently swapping between

"Why Does E=MC²? (and Why Should We Care)" by Prof. Brian Cox and Prof. Jeff Forshaw

and "The Silmarillion" By J R R Tolkien

Both can be challenging at times but for different reasons so I find its good to swap over now and then while I digest the information.

I HIGHLY recommend both of them

Lokithrsourcerer

Nov 24, 2008
good choice
CrazyGirl17 said:
I recently bought "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet, along with a few Discworld novels, as I'm trying to broaden my horizons a bit...
love Pratchet only 8 books left till i finish them all :D

The Commander Vimes books are my fave closely followed by the death books (reaper man is particularly good)

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
The entire Death Gate Cycle. Currently waiting for the final book to arrive.

It's actually a really interesting series that plays around with the standard Tolkien fantasy setting to produce several different worlds. It does fall into an annoying habit about halfway through of having terrible cliffhangers (yes, up until that point the protagonist was still on his journey between worlds so it was still a cliffhanger, but these ones started to end more mid-action).

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
Nothing right now but I want to read S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Southern Comfort, just need to buy it and find the time to read it.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
Needful Things by Stephen King. Only 60 pages in, seems decent so far. It'll be interesting to see how the plot develops to take up all 731 pages.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Consider Phlebas, Iain M Banks.

Excellent novel, excellent. Brilliant series. Can be a bit daunting, but there isn't much overt continuity to it, so read whichever catches your eye.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
Game of Thrones, the first is the Song of Ice and Fire trilogy.

I watched the tv show and loved it and knew I had to read the book. Yes, I know whats going to happen, but the book reveals extras that the show left out and its far easier to imagine the scenery when you've already seen it :D

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
The same two, three books I've been reading for the past months or so.

Although I started reading Pratchett's Mort yesterday.

This is all immensely fascinating, isnt it?

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
wonders if this counts: I'm finishin' up the "Flashpoint" series, and have already read "Justice League #1"....now i just gotta wait 'till the other 51 titles come out...

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Just got back from town and found Frankenstien for £2 at a local book store... So I thought I'd pick that one up :). Currently read that one at the moment. The book doesn't look big and the first like 50 pages are all bloody author stuff... HEY WHY DO NEED TO FILL MY BOOK WITH THIS SHIT I JUST WANT TO READ THE STORY!!!!.....

-cough- I'm okay, but seriously that stuff annoys me, if they want to put that shit in, couldn't they put that in the back of the book?

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
A friend gave me a few good books to go through, right now I'm re-reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. Next I'll be re-reading A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
Path of daggers, book 8 in the Wheel of time series. I plan to finish the series by the end of the year.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Atlus Shrugged, and I am disappointed in the amount of sex in it.
Ghost in the Wires- Kevin Mitnick Reading primarily because of all the easter eggs in gaming about him.
Dracula I'll prolly drop this one, it's just too dry for me.

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
Slash Dementia said:
I'm reading The Golem's Eye, by Jonathan Stroud. It's pretty good, but I'm reading it very slowly.
I love that book! Have you read it before? I just finished reading the trilogy.

OT: I am reading "the left hand of god" at the moment, which is very good.