What are your favorite dying last words?

chumble

Jun 2, 2011
I can't remember who said this exactly, but a general in a country undergoing revolution jumped out of a window to commit suicide. His final words were.

"Now why did I do that?"

puff ball

Mar 14, 2011
Darth Carr said:
"Tell my wife, Hello"

~some guy in Futurama whose name i forgot
leader of the neutral planet in case you were curious

OT- "the horror, the horror" kurtz last words from the heart of darkness.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
"To the strongest!" - Alexander The Great, conqueror, leader, and master troll.
(His generals were asking who would inherit his empire)

Mar 30, 2010
"I hope I give you the shits, you fucking wimp!"

- Spoon, Dog Soldiers

[sub]For those of you that haven't seen the film, Spoon has just lost a fist-fight with a werewolf at this point.[/sub]

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
Reading this thread, I'm reminded of the part in The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, when the Baron's basically got his head on the executioner's stump with the Sultan watching:

Sultan - "Any famous last words?"

Baron - "Not yet..."

Sultan - "Not yet? Is that famous?"

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
"My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go."-Oscar Wilde

Either that, or Oscar Wilde's OTHER last words

"I am dying as I have lived: beyond my means."

Honestly, the guy just wouldn't shut up.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
To paraphrase someone I can't quite remember:

Most last words are rubbish. The words people are remembered for probably weren't their last words. They probably said it a few days before hand. Probably because the last words they actually said were "NURSE! ITS HAPPENING AGAIN!"

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
"The earth is suffocating... As this cough will choke me, I implore you to have my body opened, so that I may not be buried alive" - Frederic Chopin.

And although not his last words, he also quoted this:

"The three most celebrated doctors on the island have been to see me. One sniffed at what I spat, the second tapped where I spat from, and the third sounded me and listened as I spat. The first said I was dead, the second that I was dying and the third that I?m going to die."

Poor sod died from tuberculosis...if you can't tell, I am fond of Chopin, therefore;
"Play Mozart in memory of me." - Frederic Chopin, (once again, as he lay dying)
EDIT: Eeek, what a horrid person I am, playing Beethoven instead...

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Elcarsh said:
Darkmantle said:
"they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-" major general John Sedgwick
Unfortunately it's false. While he may have spoken the whole phrase sometime before his death, there is no evidence that suggests that he actually died in mid sentence.

I know, I know, you got it from QI, but even the QI elves can be wrong from time to time.
well technically he died about 4 seconds later, but it's funnier mid sentence. and what the hell is QI? I pulled this from the Canadian forces forum a long time ago :p

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
TheDarkEricDraven said:
"Here's a headline for ya: French fries".
Might want to mention some circumstances there. (It was said by the convicted murderer French, just before he was executed by electric chair)