What are your favourite attacks or upgrades in gaming?

Nosirrah

Apr 16, 2013
So, simple enough, what are your favourite skills or attacks in gaming? this could be a finishing move, a special attack, an upgrade, or a power.

To get us started i'll begin with my favourite super move, that of Doomsday in injustice: gods among us. why do i like it? because he punches you straight through the earth. TWICE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kzDc7K4bY4

So, what are your favourites?

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
kamizazee in worms, this is by far the best attack in any game ever. The way they say kamikazee is hilarious and hitting someone is a very rewarding instakill

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Jarvan IV's ult in League of Legends. He jumps on someone so hard it shatters the ground around him into an impassible arena which they cannot get out of. You jump into a bunched up group of enemies and they can't help but focus you and your team gets free shots in because they can't get to your carries. Or you could just use it to finish a low health enemy for maximum style points.

Best thing is it can come out of nowhere. The fabled technique named The Triple Dunk works wonders.

Second would be Twisted Fate's Destiny. Oh is that a 3 man tower dive against my bot lane? Time for my dramatic entrance!

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
Definitely the spirit bomb from DBZ. Nothing says crush you more than that for me it's a damn giant ball of energy that crushes you how awesome is that.

Gwen Utopia

Jan 12, 2010
Hmm, 'tis a tricky question...

I like the ion cannon from C&C, just being able to choose a target and then have something akin to a divine bolt of retribution smite my enemy is sooooo satisfying.

If we're talking more 'normal' attacks then I guess the kick from Dark Messiah because of it's wonderfully overpowered mundaness.

Gwen Utopia

Jan 12, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Jarvan IV's ult in League of Legends. He jumps on someone so hard it shatters the ground around him into an impassible arena which they cannot get out of. You jump into a bunched up group of enemies and they can't help but focus you and your team gets free shots in because they can't get to your carries. Or you could just use it to finish a low health enemy for maximum style points.

Best thing is it can come out of nowhere. The fabled technique named The Triple Dunk works wonders.

Second would be Twisted Fate's Destiny. Oh is that a 3 man tower dive against my bot lane? Time for my dramatic entrance!
Don't forget Cho'gaths ulti :p

It's the most satisfying nom in any game ever. Especially if you suprise someone with low hp in a bush.

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
The Crow Storm in Rogues Legacy - having that as a Lich King, or even better as a SPELLSWORD was just.....beautiful.

You could never die to any enemies, specially when you've got mana halfway maxed out and a crap ton of 'siphon' armor and runes.

Also, Leblanc's Q, Ulti and E in League of legends. I hit you with it once, it hurts right?

I hit you with it twice?

Then chain you?

HAHAHA.

Ur dead.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Well I've always liked the summon attacks in Final Fantasy games. My favourite would probably be Anima's Oblivion in Final Fantasy X. Such a cool and useful attack.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Angelblaze said:
The Crow Storm in Rogues Legacy - having that as a Lich King, or even better as a SPELLSWORD was just.....beautiful.

You could never die to any enemies, specially when you've got mana halfway maxed out and a crap ton of 'siphon' armor and runes.

Also, Leblanc's Q, Ulti and E in League of legends. I hit you with it once, it hurts right?

I hit you with it twice?

Then chain you?

HAHAHA.

Ur dead.
You're clearly not playing LB right. The chain is supposed to come out and fly over their dead body because the Q,R already killed them mid button mash :D

Also how could you talk about League and have the words "crow" and "storm" in your post and not write about Fiddlesticks? I'll do it FOR you now that you have reminded me.

I can't believe I forgot about Crowstorm actually, it is the one move everyone is absolutely terrified of whenever a Fiddlesticks is on the other team. The sudden insane AOE damage over a fucking wall and your carry is walking in circles for 3 seconds because lol fear. It can be legitimately scary with the sudden BOOMCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAW. Some of the best sound design in the game.

When they upgrade Fiddle's visuals (when not if because he's composed entirely of triangles and lines) I hope they never change the sound. Katarina has never been the same since they changed the Death Lotus sound effect.

Confidingtripod

May 29, 2010
the brick from time-splitters 2 and FP, barely andy damage but an instakill with a head shot, so random yet so fun

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I have two favorites for their difference in technique.

Mass Effect 2's Vanguard charge is the best thing about that game. I've never had so much fun in a battle as when I could randomely charge in and out of the action.

Batman's Inverted Takedown is also a love of mine. Sitting on the gargoyle as the terrified gangsters around you look desperately for any sign of your presence, and then one comes to walk right underneath you so you quietly hang upside down and then at the right moments, grab them by the neck and string them up for everyone to see. And then you quietly escape again to the next one to watch the remaining prisoners watch in fear of the next appearance.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Hyper Sonic from Sonic 3 and Knuckles. You had to WORK to unlock that super mode, but hot diggity dog it was worth every moment of it.

boradam

Jan 14, 2010
All I've been playing this month is XCOM: Enemy Unknown, 12 playthroughs in with no victories on classic ironman was enough to make me practice run through a normal iron man game. I got to the temple ship before starting a new playthrough, but not before unlocking Psionics in my favorite soldier along with Psi and Ghost Armor.

Let's just say that Mind Control, a sniper psi operative, and lots and lots of ghostsd friends made for some pretty dang good feeling, slaughtering the aliens which butchered my men. With their own soldiers. Endlessly.

xcom rox guis

Henriot

Dec 15, 2011
Any sort of AOE attack that stuns and/or knocks opponents down (as long as it's not overly-spammable, which can ruin the fun of a game [Fable]). Most recently, Saints Row 3, the secondary attack on the Decker's melee weapon, hammer thing... Smash it, guys go flying, good times.

On that note, the fireball spell from Dragon Age: Origins. A properly timed and placed fireball sent those tiny darkspawn guys flying all over the room, on fire, lying there for Alistar and Shale to waltz right in and put them out of their misery.

The Blitz ability in the Ghost Recon Online game is pretty awesome too; brace a riot shield, charge into a group of soldiers and they (again) get knocked over like so many pins in a bowling alley.

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
Good topic!

My favorite active abilities are the "AoE/GroundPound" attacks, to help with swarming enemies, knock them off there feet or in the case of MMOs get a hit on every surrounding enemy to gain aggro or atleast "tag" them for my XP.

My favorite passive abilities are those armor upgrades which "Cause enemies to take damage when they attack" usually called something like Retribution Aura or Thorn Armor, etc.

I also like the power that "You heal damage when enemy is damaged", its a nice instant reward

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
HADOKEN!

Also getting the tank in Halo, "Disembowelment" from Dead Rising, and a critical strike with A-321's Plasma Rifle in Fallout 3.