What are your hobbies (besides gaming)?

pilf

Apr 23, 2008
I write random stories. for example, one of the most random I'm currently working on is about a man being stalked by a moose.

I also go through phases of collecting, I used to collect rocks/minerals/fossils but grew out of it, I also have a fair few dragons dotted around (I can see 16 just sitting around me), however my favourite collection is probably the one I've worked hardest on which would be my coins. I've got entire sets of modern British coinage as well as some more interesting things which are no longer minted such as francs/pesetas and imperial British coins including a Hong Kong dollar I'm rather fond of.

Snippy the Shoe

Jun 23, 2012
I watch anime, do origami (mostly kusudamas as i can make lots of the repeat units while watching tv) and read webcomics. Lots and lots of webcomics :p.
I also look after the fish tank at home which i guess doesn't count as a proper hobby...but who knew that fish keeping was so time consuming?

Bonecrusher

Nov 20, 2009
my hobby is breathing air.

no just kidding, photography.
i always had appeal towards nature photography, so i attend photography groups during university, and i still continue it as a hobby.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
The things I do:

-Collect and build LEGO.
-Make small sculptures out of plasticine and/or polymer clay.
-Occasionally make stop-motion shorts, either with the aforementioned LEGO or plasticine creations.
-Collect figurines/statues/toys of the various things that interest me (movies, TV, music etc.) and display them in the cabinets in my house.
-Attempt to make iOS games (haven't managed to complete a single one- procrastination ahoy!)

I would like to take up archery and/or fencing one day, but there's nowhere nearby that I could go to learn either of them.

Benni88

Oct 13, 2011
poiumty said:
I don't have any hob-

Oh, wait. I guess reading. Yeah I like to read.

I mean I'd like to play the piano, shoot guns, take up archery, Kendo and various other martial arts but I either don't have the time or the resources.
I don't know whether the resources were the main problem in doing Kendo, but where I used to train they were really helpful. I borrowed stuff for my first month or so, and after that all you need is a Shinai (£20) and later on a Hakama (a bit more, I think mine was about £40). After that you don't have to pay much at all (our club was run on a no profit basis, so just the monthly fees to rent the dojo, pay the Kendo association etc.)

I'd really recommend Kendo as a martial art as it draws much more of a cross-section of people and has changed very little since the samurai days.

Has absolutely no transferable skills to street fights though haha.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
I bike a lot. I enjoy rode biking and love mountain biking. During the summer I do a lot of water related activities (swimming tubing water skiing). I also play the violin.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Eclpsedragon said:
I also make things out of pipe cleaners....

It's amazing :D

OT: Reading, drawing sometimes and I do make poetry. It all depends on the mood i'm in though.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
I enjoy camping, fishing and getting drunk.

Also did play for a local football club (australian rules) for awhile but taken a break from it because of damn university.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Not sure if it is a hobby, but i listen to a lot of music
I like bicycling but there is no where to go that is interesting, also it hurts my back now
My secondary hobby after gaming probably is target shooting

I wish i had an interesting job, like, blacksmithing

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
I play Warhammer 40k. I have a 1500-2000 pt. Tyranid army and have just really started working on painting it. It's looking good though and since 6th edition came out, I've lost only a single game. Orks and shooting are scary.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Watching TV/anime/films, although the quality of TV has basically plummeted recently so I'm watching more anime and films than usual. I'm also reading more, anything from H.P. Lovecraft to the High School of The Dead Omnibus. (The inside of the dust cover leaves very little to the imagination...)

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Cooking. Tying to get into baking more, but it's hard, with my kitchen being so small.
Also drugs.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I play the guitar... pretty badly...

and I guess I cry myself to sleep at night... I wonder if that counts...<.<