What are your hobbies, other than gaming?

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
I play the piano, write sometimes, play baseball on the weekends, love science.
Liquidacid23 said:
firearms, drinking, and sex.... the classic American trifecta
This too; very much so and preferably simultaneously,

Rai^3

Jul 25, 2009
I do a lot of hiking and reading (together) when the weather permits it; if Ohio's good for anything, it's deep forests where you can sit under an enormous tree and spend the day reading a good book.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Watching movies, shows, and anime that have finished their run as I hate waiting for new episodes. I also enjoy watching reviewers online such as The Cinemasnob, Spoony, AVGN, and various others. I'd love to learn how to draw, as I'd help my other hobby of custom making my own tabletop role playing games. Oh, and like everyone else I browse the internet for useless information that'll likely never be of any real use to me.

imperialwar

Jun 17, 2008
Well apart from gaming..
There's my substantial warhammer collection ( both 40k and fantasy ) so putting those together and painting the models. Sometimes, very rarely I can convince my wife to play against me.
I read A LOT, fiction mostly, but educational material. Cookbooks and Fitness / Health. Asterix and Obelix comics and Calvin and Hobbes.
Then there's my training, predominately resistance and my unique martial art. It combines 18 years experience of various other forms. Goju Kai Karate, Choi Lay Fut Kung Fu, Kendo, Kenjuitsu, Aido, Ninjukai Taijuitsu, Aikido, and Jujitsu.
Training my wife is also one of my hobbies.
As one might gather from my reading list I also cook.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Shooting, mostly. I don't get out much, so if I'm home I'll catch up on some TV shows or read books about shooting and combat, then roughly once a week I'll hit the range and practice with my Colt 1911 and Mossberg 500.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
BathorysGraveland said:
This may seem odd to some, but thinking is another big one. Often I'll just pace around thinking about things, having conversations with myself in my head and general things like that.
I find that is one of the most useful hobbies in the whole world. It's like... you're testing your ideas and would-be conversations before using them in real life. I tend to just default to my mental MP3 player on shuffle, though, which isn't really helpful.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I have an obsession with horror, so I collect horror movies (and games) that I like to watch with my friends. I have a wide variety of books, both fiction and non-fiction, including some weird occult stuff that would probably make my religious family in the States nervous.

I'm an aspiring artist (ugh) so I'm starting to collect artbooks. They're a lot of fun to look through and marvel at, especially concept art for my favourite movies and video games. They don't motivate me so much as being examples of what I'd like to be able to do someday.

I... yeah, OK. Warhammer 40k. It's hard to motivate myself to paint them though, and my 2000 point Snakebites army is still unfinished and unplayable, even at lower points costs. I don't have any close friends that play and finding other players to trade bits with is hard to do. Plus Games Workshop hates players and is trying to claw them back by making bigger and bigger models and... I dunno if I want to keep going with this one. *sigh*

I'm an amateur ghost hunter, photographer and urban explorer. These hobbies tend to go together nicely. Sure it's not very scientific, but damn is it fun. Mostly it's just me testing doors in some abandoned building wearing basic protective gear with a camera around my neck. I want to visit Russia because of the vast amount of disused, gigantic facilities they have there.

I loved D+D when I played it. I really want to get into it again, particularly 3.5, but no dice. I still have my old character sheets and everything, including my miserably weak bard who was the sole survivor of my last campaign. Man... I wish I could still play. I wouldn't say no to a different tabletop RPG either, so long as nobody takes it too seriously.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I read mostly. Occasionally I'll listen to music and write things.

Anime is becoming a big one. Along with rolelplaying.

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
Warhammer 40k:I got blood angels, necrons and starting orks
Anime
reading
writing

And that's all i can think of right now

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I watch anime/manga, some of my favorites being Cowboy Bebop, D.Gray-Man, Soul Eater, Yu Yu Hakusho, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Kizuna, and FLCL.
I like watching stand up comedians, Louis C.K., Eddie Izzard, George Carlin, Ron White, Lewis Black, Denis Leary, and Christopher Titus is so fucking hilarious I've hurt myself laughing so hard.
I like to cook, especially meat. I don't know why but it makes me happy to marinate a steak, combining the perfect spices to make a delicious meal. YUM!
I love reading some favs being The Cat series by Joan D. Vinge, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, The Last Herald Mage by Mercedes Lacket, Harry Potter, God Eaters by Jessie Hajicek, and I've just started reading Game of Thrones.
I very much like to do text roleplays over chat with a very good friend of mine and it usually involves lots of hot men, wars, magic, dragons, and some seriously dysfunctional families.
And go somewhat in with the roleplaying, I really enjoy writing and have written two books though unpublished of course.

Vancleef

Jul 6, 2010
Drawing. Both traditional and digital. Nowhere as good as those people on deviantart, though.
Music. I play the guitar. I'm half decent. Can sort of learn things by ear now.
Warhammer and other fantasy stuff.
Reading.

And doing nonproductive things like being on the internet way too much.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Ice hockey: Currently psyched about the playoffs, I really want to see the New York Rangers do well.

Baseball: I prefer it to cricket, I don't have a particular team that I follow.

American football: Love the New York Jets.

Law & Order: Criminal intent: Mainly because Vincent D'Onofrio is in it, and I love Vincent D'Onofrio (he is my avatar)

Vincent D'Onofrio films: Favourite actor, and I really enjoy some of the films he is in.

Reading: Currently reading World war Z by Max Brooks and Trilby by George Du Maurier.

That's about it really.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Reading books, manga/anime and drawing sometimes. As long as I can listen to music I won't be bored :p

crimsoncheesecake

Mar 13, 2012
Drumming and music in general (metal/rock mostly)
Working out
Drawing
Science and philosophy (currently studying physics in university)
Hookah

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Basketball, not great at it but not very bad either.
Drawing, haven't done it in a while.
Pencil spinning, just know a few tricks.
Drinking beer with friends while playing videog... sorry.

loudmadman

Nov 22, 2011
Writing Scripts: I do this both solo and collaborate with a friend. Already written around 30 episodes and counting
Watching sports: Mainly Aussie Rules and Soccer (Or as I like to call it, both kinds of football)
Watching animes: Because TV sucks
Reading/Discussing news articles: It keeps me informed and allows me to be opinionated
Camping: Been doing this for over 10 years
Foot massages: Created from camping about 8 years ago, and has become a talent of mine

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Well I act, that is one of my major hobbies outside the internet and gaming world. I've been in several shows and I enjoy the thespian lifestyle.(Who am I kidding all we do is complain and gossip :( )