What are your irrational fears?

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
What are you afraid of that will probably not happen, but it scares you to death anyway? I have a few:

1. I'm always paranoid that, right when I walk into the door, some killer/rapist/crazy guy is going to storm into my place right after me before I have the chance to lock the door.
2. I always check my toilet before I sit down to crap because I'm always afraid that there's a rabid rat or spider or something is going to bite my ass.
3. I'm afraid that I'm going to wake up in a coffin at the bottom of the ocean. This one will probably never happen, but the idea freaks me out.

So escapists, what are your irrational fears?

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
You know when you see a creepy picture on the net and it has a caption of something like 'go to sleep' or 'better not pull your foot from the covers' or something like that. In the dead of night I cannot help, but remember those pictures.

Also, once the power went out on my block and I was walking through my house using my cellphone as a light (very dim but in total darkness it helped). Not a day earlier I had beaten Fatal Frame 1 so I was a lil jumpy.

I used to be afraid of scarabs from The Mummy even though we are not even close to Egypt.

That's about it for 'irrational' fears.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
lRookiel said:
Spiders.............

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT: Aliens. I can't sleep near my window or the thought that aliens are watching me gives me a panic attack.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
This ************.

Seriously, I'm terrified of squid. They're the spiders of the sea, except they're huge and will drown you for the hell of it. I'm just glad I don't live near an ocean.

I mean, look at it!

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
I'm afraid of grasshoppers... ewww, their little legs, and how their small enough to crawl into your mouth and choke you to death and crawl out and eat your flesh and kill your family and sneak into a missle base and secretly start a nuclear war and turn the world into Fallout's wastelands and then turn into a giant mutant grasshopper that can trample tanks and eat bandits and... I got really ahead of myself...

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I'm paranoid that someone is always watching me, especially at night when I'm trying to sleep....

No, not ducks. Before someone suggests that. xD

Also have a weird fear of being up on ladders. I get all shaky from the second rung up.

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
all my fears are perfectly rational thanks...

Bees, Wasps, Hornets...
name one rational person who would want to deal with this thing...

by extension i harbor a severe dislike for all flying insects... because when they fly around me i think they could be bees/wasps/hornets and freak out accordingly...

and needles... fuck needles...

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
I hate spiders as much as the next guy (not that I'm afraid they just unnerve me a little same with needles), but my only irrational fear is heights. By itself its not really irrational, but the thing is I don't mind and actually like flying, which is ridiculous since I know that I'm going higher than I normally would and I fall I'm almost certainly dead.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Balloons. I hate balloons, I'm uncomfortable whenever I'm around them, I don't like touching them.

So...yeah. That usually throws people for a loop.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Bees and wasps and other flying yellow-black things with sharp thingies coming out of their behind that are filled with pain-inducing evilness... Oh god, i freak out so bad when something like that is near me...

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Sharks. Great whites. So I guess overall i'm afraid of water, because everytime I see like a lake or a beach I automatically think "Jaws, Sharks, Sea Monsters". Thats why I never swim. Also everytime I see a Cruise ship, I automatically think "Big ship, water, DEEP RISING!". Damn it hollywood, damn it...

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
I have a huge fear of fish, I will eat them but I will not touch one, and eels scare the crap out of me.

Hasido

Jun 20, 2011
Being the center of attention.

seriously, a teacher calls on me to answer a question and I haven't perfectly planned out exactly what I was going to say, I freeze up.

So long as I don't have to say something out loud I'm good.

Hell, even when I'm typing, I'm often somewhat unwilling to join in (only recently made an account when I decided that I would stop lurking) EDIT: wow has it been 2/3 of a year already?/EDIT

Other than that, nothing scares me so much as bothers me. I hate when things such as spiders or insects touch me when I don't want them to. As in, I'm willing to let something crawl on my hands, but not down my back.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Spiders, screamers on the internet (that's more of a bit of an excessive paranoia I have), heights (though I'd argue that's not irrational to a large extent) and "plasticy head" puppets (from when i was a child, but they still give me the creeps a bit now)

Hasido said:
Being the center of attention.

seriously, a teacher calls on me to answer a question and I haven't perfectly planned out exactly what I was going to say, I freeze up.
That's a good one actually, if I have to do something like a powerpoint presentation in front of the class (even one whom I all know quite well), I can barely speak.

senobit

Jan 6, 2011
Wasps I hate the little stinging bastards.

Also have very rational dislike of deep water, as I'm not a great swimmer but I'm fine when scuba diving