What are your irrational fears?

Saladfork

Jul 3, 2011
I'm afraid that this battlestation will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

It haunts my nightmares.

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
The only irrational fear i have is of cute or harmless looking things, cause i cant help but wonder if they're trying to lull me into a false sense of security -_-
The whole heights, jellyfish and bronies is very rational i find :D

Shadie777

Feb 1, 2011
Well, I have a fear of being evil.
I am basically scared of me becoming evil in some way. May not seem irrational but the thought that I could have the capability of being evil just makes me nervous.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Larger bugs creep me out. Especially beetles or roaches; they're so smug under their shells.
The eternal question: do I try to smash them or do I shoo them outdoors? Ah, screw it. I've got a cinderblock and a vacuum.

It doesn't creep you out as much when you cheerfully don a hammy evil facade while doing it. Great opportunity to practice an evil laugh, as well.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011

I apologize. I have had nightmares the past couple days and cannot get him out of my head.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!

:C

Monkeybald

Nov 13, 2010
Squirming larval insects or worms give me jeevies. Especially queen termites!

I picture a bloated slime coated queen termite whenever somebody mentions they have a termite problem in their home.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Rainforest Cafe.

Yeah, the one at Disney parks and Vegas and San Francisco and all over. With all the animatronic jungle animals and stuff.

I don't know why, but ever since I was a little kid, I haven't been able to take more than a single step into one of those godforsaken restaurants. Which is weird, because animatronics and robots intrigue me and I should be really interested, but I just can't do it.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
A cage.

The one thing that scares me to hell is being locked up and having no freedom left at all. Spending your entire life in a cage or cell is the worst kind of existence I can think of.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Irrational eh...
Well I'm pretty much terrified of psychologists, psychiatrists and therapists, Why? I don't know I've always been afraid that if I see one they'll send me to the nut house.
Alternatively I could have gone with the other thing that completely terrifies me but to be fair I do have a somewhat reasonable explanation as to why I'm afraid of that thing.

TBman

Oct 31, 2008
I'm worried that through a quirk of quantum mechanics or whatever, a rouge wormhole will dump an entire colony of army ants on me.

on a side note...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUWoI6vApPk

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
I have a fear of blood (hemophobia) I'm fine with a little drop of blood coming from my finger and I'm okay with giving blood but when I looked at starting to fill I did feel a slight chilling climbing up my spine.<spoiler=lengthy life experience story> The only two times this really manifested was once when I was fifteen and our biology teacher showed us the main arteries in a cow's heart, the heart wasn't washed for some obscure reasons and still dripped a bit of blood. I joked a bit about throwing up to my classmates before grabbing hold of a table and someone asking are you alright? Next thing I know I wake up looking at the ceiling with a bunch of worried faces around me trying to get me up. Had to take the day of and down a lot of sugar-water before throwing up once and having my vision seriously distorted.
Fun times.

<spoiler= Here's another time> My friends tried to make me watch Braindead (the Peter Jackson gore movie) during the custard scene I had to tuck my head between my legs to keep me from fainting again, I looked like a walking corpse for the next two hours or so people told me (o the irony)

This really sucks as an irrational fear because:
-It makes me feel like a giant wuss
-I'm always afraid some kind of accident might happen when I'm present and I wouldn't be able to do anything but pass out at the sight of wounded people.

Teronium

May 30, 2011
I am scared of people who happen to have spoken to me in the past, but I do not remember them at all.

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
onewheeled999 said:
Rainforest Cafe.

Yeah, the one at Disney parks and Vegas and San Francisco and all over. With all the animatronic jungle animals and stuff.

I don't know why, but ever since I was a little kid, I haven't been able to take more than a single step into one of those godforsaken restaurants. Which is weird, because animatronics and robots intrigue me and I should be really interested, but I just can't do it.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but this post made me laugh a little.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
The combination of heights and open spaces. It's funny, I hiked on the Grand Canyon and wasn't freaked out that much, but I almost fainted on the Golden Gate bridge.
My other fear would be really small insects like fleas and ticks. If I think that there are any nearby, I usually get really paranoid and my skin starts to itch, which just makes me freak out more

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
That someone or something would poke my belly-button too hard, causing it to unravel, and all my innards would spill out. Started when I was a kid, not quite sure where it originated. Probably a horror movie or something.

son_of_khorne

Apr 16, 2009
AlAaraaf74 said:
2. I always check my toilet before I sit down to crap because I'm always afraid that there's a rabid rat or spider or something is going to bite my ass.
I do as well.

I loathe pretty much every invertebrate except ants (and things of a similar size). The idea of alien abductions terrifies me even though I am pretty damn sure that its not going to happen for fairly obvious reasons. I am also a bit of a germaphobe and I am particularly susceptible to creepy pasta (slenderman and such), not that I fall for it, I guess it just gets my mind going in particularly creepy directions and makes me have a bit of the old hypervigilance.

The Shadowlord

Jul 18, 2011
Awkward social situations. I've genuinely had nightmares about them. And my regular dreams are about monsters. I think somewhere alone the way, my mind got pretty twisted.

Also reflections, particularly at night. I have a fear I'll see something unpleasant in them (Besides my face), or something unnatural, like a ghost.