What are your thoughts on 4chan?

Galen Marek

Dec 5, 2011
Don't go there myself.

However, TizzytheTormentor did make me laugh, thanks for that.

Everyone pretty much sums up my thoughts on it from the outside looking in (sword without a handle, thinks its cool and edgy but its similar to many other sites).

They seem to shift from: Trying to really help the world when they rally together behind a real cause and trying to destroy the fabric of time and space.
That site is so bi-polar.

I still think the majority of them are nutter butters though.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
It's a decent place, more of a lurker than a poster and when I post is just to ask a question or make a funny comment.

The place is great for the pictures and useful links

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
It is our greatest ally and our most dangerous enemy. Our most brilliant minds, and dumbest of society. The kindest of humanity and the psychopathic underlying we all fear. We need them. We don't need them. We love them. We hate them. We define them and yet they define us. All of these things are true in some way or another but one thing cannot be denied-
we would all be different without them.
4chan is the villain we run from and the hero we beg for. There are too many words to describe them and yet not enough, they simply are... 4chan...

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
Simple question, really, what are you thoughts on the image-board known as 4chan? Do you go on there regularly, semi-regularly or never? Have you actually been to any other boards except for /b/? What are your opinions on it's culture?

Please don't turn this into a flame-war.
4chan may have racism and foulness about it, but it has complete freespeech and a major variation in different views and the advantage of anonymity. Quiet frankly i go there more than i come here for any discussions.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
I occasionally go on /b/ to start infodump/lifehax threads, looking for knowledge I don't already possess. I'm like Brainiac, but sad.

When I'm not doing that, I post a picture of George Carlin, along with the George Carlin cheer (with a video link handy in case noobs think I'm "ripping off" that one lolcat picture that doesn't even do it right).

Other than that, I lurk moar aggressively.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
It's pretty alright, depending on where you go. /b/ is worthless, but I got and visit /mu/ a lot. Providing you don't take it too seriously, you can have some fun there, and hear about stuff you might not have found on your own.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
Depends where you go, really. /b/ is a cesspool, and /v/ is pretty much neo-/b/, but I browse /co/ and /tg/ and those guys are pretty cool. For one thing, they actually still put out OC.