what are your "unpopular" opinions on gaming?

neurohazzard

Nov 24, 2007
starkiller212 said:
neurohazzard said:
I always get dirty looks for this one, but: "I think blizzard rts games (eg both warcraft and starcraft series) are more rts/rpg hybrids". Now don't get me wrong, I do love blizzard games, starcraft 2 and warcraft 3 especially, they just aren't a completely purebred rts, especially when you put them next to series like red alert or supreme commander.
Name one RPG element in Starcraft II multiplayer. There are literally none, not even basic hero units. It's the purest strategy game since Chess. (And if you're just talking about singleplayer, then... no sh!t, Sherlock?)
I'm more talking about single player, but even multiplayer has that rpg feel to it. It's not even specific elements, it's just it has an rpgish FEEL to it. Why the hell does everybody flip when I say that, I never claimed it was a bad thing, I LOVE starcraft 2. The rpgish feel makes me care about my units a little more then a straight rts (I think nothing of throwing hundreds of units into a fortified enemy position to die in SupCom), which makes the game more versatile, while a pure rts can only be an rts.

mushy262626

Feb 27, 2011
Vault101 said:
mushy262626 said:
1. gta 4, dragon age 1, and fallout 3 are bad games.
2. half life 2 and occarina of time dont hold up today
3. i liked super mario sunshine more than i liked any other mario games.
4. portal 1 and 2 are alright, but not that amasing
5. g mod made me lose interest after 5 minutes online
6. your not as horrible as a person as everyone makes you out to be
6. who are you reffering to? the general people here and the whole "I'm an asshole" attitude?

not me right? EVERYONE loves me!

EDIT: yes that was a somwhat sarcastic joke
yes, i was refering to you as a person

SimpleJack

Feb 3, 2011
ruben6f said:
9.I liked Fable 2
This is my opinion.
fable 2 was the best one in my opinion. High Five... I guess...

Half Life is amazing though, hopefully eventually youll understand.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
I genuinely think that "shadow the hedgehog" on PS2 is one of the best games I've ever played. That is all

HazelrahFiver

Oct 12, 2009
1. The CoD games are downright awful. Boring weapons, levels and my god we have enough
2. Bioware has only made one good game, ME2. Even ME1 had enough problems that I won't play it again
3. There's nothing wrong with EA. They put out plenty of good games, so let 'em do what they want.
4. The GTA series sucks. RDR is one of the best games ever, but before it, /vomit
5. Japanese RPGs are extremely outdated. I can't even play them anymore.
6. Halo makes for great campaign games, but online is a waste.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
SimpleJack said:
ruben6f said:
9.I liked Fable 2
This is my opinion.
fable 2 was the best one in my opinion. High Five... I guess...

Half Life is amazing though, hopefully eventually youll understand.
HIGH FIVE!

I understand why people like Half Life 1 and 2 so much, I love the mechanics of the game and the gameplay but I didn't like the story and little things.

Riccan

Oct 11, 2009
1.Most Valve games bore me (including TF2 and Half-Life).
2.I think Demon's Souls was an outstanding game and one of the best ever made.
3.I loved Halo: Combat Evolved, but it doesn't need a remake.
4.Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura should get a revamp.
5.90% of MMOs tend to be shit.
6.I enjoyed Starcraft 2 more than the first.
7.Minecraft is alright, not good or bad.
8.S.T.A.L.K.E.R:Shadow Over Chernobyl was not too hard.
9.I liked both Dragon Age games by the same amount.
10.There needs to be more actual Survival Horror games.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
- Final Fantasy XIII is one of my favorite games. So is FF-X and X-2.
- The Call of Duty and Halo series are some of the best.
- Nintendo have done more for the gaming industry than people realize. Not that I'm a big fan of their work.
- Dragon Age and Mass Effect suck in every way possible. Bioware have yet to make a game that isn't sloppy and awkward to play. They overwrite their games too, with poor storylines and dialogue.
- JRPGs have better storylines, and in many cases, better gameplay then most WRPGs.
- Gameplay and fun factor are more important than story.
- Graphics are important. Although that doesn't necessarily mean photorealism and HD.
- Photorealism isn't the devil.
- Microtransations will eventually be in every game. Even weapons. And I love the idea so long as it doesn't compromise the games integrity.
- 'Generic' and 'cliche' isn't a bad thing if the gameplay is solid and fun.
- I disagree with most opinions on the Escapist.
- "It's mainstream and popular!! Let's hate it!!!" is simply terrible.
- I have very little respect for 3rd person shooters/3rd person RPGs/MMOs. They're sloppy and all round not a very good idea. However, I'm enjoying Batman Arkam Asylum because the gameplay is solid.
- Cutscenes are not bad if done right. FF13 did them right.
- Many, many more. That's just off the top of my head. Most regard this site.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Valve isn't God's gift to gaming, Half-Life 2 is like any other FPS where a mute, emotionless, power suited space marine shoots aliens, and Portal was a 7 or 8 out of 10 at best and deserves only a fraction of the praise it get.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
mushy262626 said:
Vault101 said:
mushy262626 said:
1. gta 4, dragon age 1, and fallout 3 are bad games.
2. half life 2 and occarina of time dont hold up today
3. i liked super mario sunshine more than i liked any other mario games.
4. portal 1 and 2 are alright, but not that amasing
5. g mod made me lose interest after 5 minutes online
6. your not as horrible as a person as everyone makes you out to be
6. who are you reffering to? the general people here and the whole "I'm an asshole" attitude?

not me right? EVERYONE loves me!

EDIT: yes that was a somwhat sarcastic joke
yes, i was refering to you as a person
I uh wasnt aware that people were making me out to be a horrible person

(I do type before I think sotimes so that could rub some people the wrong way but often I regret it

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I only have 1 issue with some games.

Quick time events.

No they are not a good idea, no they do not make gameplay more "interesting" and no ... just no ... they are not (and I put in quotes) "fun".

What they are is an irritating way to drag out certain scenes in a mistaken attempt to make you feel like a part of the action when in actual fact what they do is make you want to hurt people.

Aug 1, 2010
Halo is the best game series ever. Of all time.
(Raises flameshield)

The "Evil" ending of Infamous 2 was both more powerful AND more correct then the good one.

Half-Life 2 is meh.

Mario has no place outside of internet flash games.

Innovation, while important, is not always good or neccecary. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
1. All handheld platforms suck
2. Facebook games and zynga should die in a fire
3. I want to play a good shooter
4. Icewind dale and all the elder scrolls games blow hard. They are terrible.
4. We need more space/sci-fi rpgs
5. The last good final fantasy game was FF3 on snes
6. Zelda Sucks
7. Everything after the SNES sucks if it has nintendo on it
8. MLG FPS is on PC. If you think otherwise, bring your console skills to Mouse and Keyboard to get raped by real FPS players.
9. Consoles will always be inferior to PC's as far as performance and graphics go. So get over it.
10. Customization in a first person game is stupid.
11. RTS is underrepresented. They almost had a good game since Total Annihilation in Supreme Commander, but, they fucked it up in Supreme Commander 2.
12. The loss of LAN play is the single biggest downfall in gaming. My 24 port Gigabit switch is and always will be faster then any internet connection or server any game company is willing to provide.
13. No dedicated servers ruined online FPS games.
14. Steam is the best thing that has ever happened to computer gaming. Ever.
15. With in the next 2 console cycles, there will be very little, if any, difference between your PC and your console.
16. I hope sony stops making consoles. Your shit is overpriced and terrible and you don't take any risks when it comes to hardware/software.
17. The good Call of Duty games ended with COD 3
18. Wow has slowly started it's own downfall
19. Diablo 3 is going to be shit.
20. There are no girls on the internet, just really fat men.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
I do not like Mass Effect one iota. It just bores me to tears.
I also think Master Chief and co. Get a bad rap, and have far more depth than people give them credit for.

I realise those two sentences together might cause some Scanner esque scenes for which I can only apologise.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Yellowbeard said:
People who pay attention to games before they come out are complete fools.
if by "pay attention" you mean....

"WHAT????!!! Bob from "the adventures of Bob the solder" has been redisgned to have BLACK hair instead of brown???

ITS GONNA BE THE WORST GAME EVAR!!! BOYCOT!!!!!!! fuck you developer you ruined my life!! I already sold my two children to pay for the pre-order...its YOUR fault!!!!"

then yes I agree, theres nothing more annoying

xbox hero

Jun 6, 2011
Mr Ink 5000 said:
xbox hero said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
people need to stop buying generic games and over priced DLC; people, vote with your wallets n stop making life hard for the rest of us gamers
Oh you will like me...Come to the dark side,where games cost 8 dollars,join us where every game,no matter how old or new,DLC,and many things more are free (this is all legal!)
I'm curious, where is this magical place?
Not on this site,facebook maybe?

CaptainTrilby

Jun 3, 2011
1. Wind Waker is the best Zelda out there
2. The Half Life series is just terrible
3. PC gamers need to chill the fuck out
4. I really enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2, I thought it was a good laugh
5. 007 Nightfire > Goldeneye
6. JRPGs do better stories the WRPGs
7. I think many established IPs like Street Fighter and Zelda should just die. I've had enough.
8. Social gaming is a good thing, some of their ideas are really quite interesting
9. FPS' need to die for a while, I'm sick of the over saturated market
10. Some movie tie-ins are great, case in point Spiderman 2