What Book Have You Read Do You Think Should Be Turned into a Video Game or Movie, but Hasn't?

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Solnishka said:
There is a lot of detail in that book too. I can't think of a single thing that could be cut out with out majorly affecting another party of the book.
Yeah very true, as every single thing that was mentioned in each book had a lot of importance, except of course when it was talking about random gaurds that then died the next time they where ment, which was usually 4 chapters later lol

Dafttechno

May 19, 2010
Villains By Necessity by Eve Forward. The war is over, the good guys won. But when they sealed away all the evil in the world, they created an imbalance and soon the world will tear itself apart. Now an assassin, a thief, a dark sorceress, a black knight, and a druid are the worlds only hope of restoring the balance.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
I want a Mortal Engines Movie. Giant cities on giant tank treads hunting down other giant cities on giant tank treads for the win! Airships, characters, and plot win as well but the image of the traction cities can not be removed from my head.

Wait just a moment

wikipedia said:
In December 2009, it was stated that the New Zealand filmmaker Peter Jackson intended to make a movie based on Mortal Engines.[4] In April 2010, it was confirmed that WETA are in fact working on the movie, and that Peter Jackson will be both directing and producing. Apparently the film is to be shot in Stereoscopic 3D.
Whoooooooooo! Peter Jackson! WETA! Stereoscopic 3D!

Stereoscopic 3D?!

Give me the Seventh Tower series in book form then, the books are already divided up into movie length and, if put in the right hands, It could be an awesome movie series.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
mr. cool said:
"The hunger games"

They would be the most awesome movie EVER if done the right way.
They are doing those, aren't they? Quick, to IMDB.........Yes they are. [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170/]

OT: I think that the Ranger's Apprentice books could be amazing movies if done right, but that might be difficult seeing as it's a "children's" series that frequently talks about how the main characters are killing people and threatening to torture some people in other cases.

Wilcroft

Oct 31, 2008
Alon Shechter said:
Ender's Game.
It would make such an epic video game, and a movie as well.
samuraiweasel said:
Ender's Game
See, I don't know about this. While the book is amazing (don't get me wrong), child actors are always iffy, more so when you'd need such a large cast of them. Not to mention that there'd be some scenes (ie shower fight, running in the halls) wherein the kids aren't wearing anything. You couldn't do Ender's Game without the fight in the shower, and there's no way you could do it justice on a movie or computer screen.

OT: Snow Crash would make an excellent film. Or Fallen Dragon by Peter F Hamilton.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
Flatfrog said:
youdontbelong said:
the redemption of althalus as a turn based rpg. or any of the jack west jr books by matthew reily as uncharted-esque games
*goes into paroxysms*

Redemption of Althalus? Are you kidding? That's got to be one of the most disappointing fantasy novels of all time - the only book I've ever stopped reading four pages from the end in the realisation that there was nothing, nothing that it could give me that would justify the hours I'd wasted wading through it.

David Eddings wrote one excellent sequence of books*, a reasonably diverting follow-up series, and an increasingly awful pile of dross. I blame his wife - the more credit she got, the worse the books became.

* Well, it was fantastic in a light, easy reading sense. It's not like it was profound or nuffin'.
It would be a pretty awesome movie :D
I don't see how you think it's not profound though... care to elaborate?

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Bartimaeus Trilogy. Damn good, could be a great movie if Peter Jackson directs.

It's *wince* too bad *wince* they never made a *wince* Hitchhikers movie. Could be awesome if they did. Good books. There is NO WAY they could ruin the jokes too badly.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I would love to see a movie of one of the funniest books I've read Good Omens.

automatron said:
I would love to see The sword of the truth series, provided they don't royally f*&k it up
Not sure if you knew but there was a TV series based on those books called Legend of The Seeker.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Max Brook's World War Z or Stud Terkel's The Good War would have made fantastic movies.
Even better video games.

Dufaunce

Aug 11, 2009
In my opinion no book should ever be turned into a visual format, the beauty of a book is that the words paint the image in the readers mind and every image would be different depending on the person reading.

Film and games, however, tell the viewer how to imagine the events of the story in a very one track way, usually to the anger of the fans of the books (cases in point: The Golden Compass and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy).

Jul 27, 2009
automatron said:
I would love to see The sword of the truth series, provided they don't royally f*&k it up
Well Fox already did The Legend of the Seeker series, but it didn't really impress me much. I'd love a film adaptation as The Sword of Truth is probably my second favorite fantasy series, I only rank the Song of Ice and Fire series above it.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Trivun said:
Failing that, probably the Artemis Fowl books, though I've heard rumours of studios trying to buy the film rights,
An Artemis Fowl film could potentially be amazing.

Personally, I'd quite like Garth Nix's Sabriel series to become a movie/tv show. I think it could translate quite well and it's set out quite cinematically.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
THE CODEX ALERA!!!!! omfg such an epic series of books it's only slightly over shadowed by one better by the same author which also needs a good 20 part movie deal a la harry potter but better. omg i wish.

Dr Sauce

May 5, 2011
Badong said:
A video game based on Gaunt's Ghosts would literally transcend conventional awesomeness.
As a film it would be amazing(although their more likly to bring out more Space marine crap).
Not sure about it as a game, but it is 40k so you cant go wrong.