What books are you reading?

cas

Mar 27, 2009
or books you have read recently.

Im looking for suggestions im not reading anything at the moment :eek:

sokka14

Mar 4, 2009
fight club at the moment.
just read the famous victorian/edwardian horrors. frankenstein, dracula, jekyl and hyde etc. they're all good. course it depends what sort of book you're looking for.

RoThgar

Mar 9, 2008
I just read Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan, his best book by far. Its a blade runner-esque film noir kind of detective story about an ex-secret special forces guy. I love they way Morgan describes the intricacies and life of the world around the character without directly explaining everything. well worth a read.

TheDustyBanana

Feb 8, 2009
I'm reading the Dexter series and the Twilight series side by side which is kinda weird now that I think about it.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Well.... I've been reading heaps of Peanuts comics as of late, but that doesn't count.

The last novel I would have read would have been Stephen King's the Dark Tower series, I've just finished book 4 again for the second time. Brilliant series that one.

Mar 17, 2009
I'm pretty sure there was a thread identical to this just a couple of weeks ago.

Oh here it is:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.100159

I just finished reading watchmen.

DannyBoy451

Jan 21, 2009
I'm reading The Fellowship of the Ring, good book, better than the Bible.
Recently read Trainspotting, absolutly fantastic book.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I just finished Wiseguy by Nicholas Pileggi. It's not much better than the movie, but it's still very, very good. I usually hate nonfiction reading, but this stuff is totally engrossing.

John-Joe

Feb 13, 2009
The alphabet of manliness, and I hope they serve beer in hell. Both very funny imo.
btw can anyone who know these books recommend anything that's similar, please?

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
The infamous SCAMola said:
I'm pretty sure there was a thread identical to this just a couple of weeks ago.

Oh here it is:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.100159

(next time use the search button)

edit: sorry if I sounded like a jackass.
This. But I'll contribute, I guess.

Inverse Skies said:
The last novel I would have read would have been Stephen King's the Dark Tower series, I've just finished book 4 again for the second time. Brilliant series that one.
Oh how I love the Dark Tower. By far one of my top most favorite series thus far. I just love it =D I'm not done yet though, so shush! =P

DannyBoy451 said:
I'm reading The Fellowship of the Ring, good book, better than the Bible.
Recently read Trainspotting, absolutly fantastic book.
Hum. I only find the bible mildly amusing.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Daye.04 said:
Oh how I love the Dark Tower. By far one of my top most favorite series thus far. I just love it =D I'm not done yet though, so shush! =P
I'd never spoil the ending for you... but please let me know what you personally think of it... because we might have something to discuss...

Zukonub

Mar 28, 2009
Dubiousduke said:
Catch-22

I've read it 3 times before, it's addicting.
Catch-22 is a military genius. I'm also re-reading it now, too, at the bane of sum freshmen.

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
I just finished Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. A funny, yet sometimes disturbing, but meaningful book. I'd highly suggest.

Now I'm about to start Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell.

Logizomechanophobia

Feb 23, 2009
Bill Bryson - Life and Times of Thunderbolt Kid <-- funniest autobiography you will ever read

The Public Works Trilogy - Matt Ruff

I highly advise you to pick up anything from those two authors.

Edit: ALso re-reading the Falco series by Lindsay Davis