What bug broke skyrim for you?

goodman528

Jul 30, 2008
As we all know skyrim is full of bugs, but it's such a good game, I have been forgiven most of it. Crashing to desktop every few hours, npc getting stuck on pieces of terrain, horse floating in air, and in pretty much any mission involving dialogue the people would get stuck requiring PC console codes to get past that stage.

However, today, on the last mission of the main quest, just as the most epic fight is about to begin... ... the game crashed to the desktop. And no matter how many times I reload from different saves, it just always crashes at the same point... ... This is very very UNacceptable for a released game to have this kind of bug in it. Totally changed my opinion of Bethesda. They need to hire some better programmers, who knows what they are doing.

Pseudonyme

Nov 24, 2011
Totally changed your opinion of bethesda? What, you never played any of their other games?

Random desktop crashes have an easy fix. I'm 80 hours in and have not found anything that demanded a console command to progress.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
The game itself broke it. Unbelievably dull for the shocking amount of praise its getting.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Denariax said:
The game itself broke it. Unbelievably dull for the shocking amount of praise its getting.
Hey, least it doesn't have the same people talking about mudcrabs at every corner. Horrible creatures, those.

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
Marriage

The companion bug for marriage where if one of your companions dies, his corpse appears at the ceremony and fails the marriage instantly

Made me go "WTF?" and reload a quicksave from a few ingame days earlier. Waiting for Bethesda to patch it before I try marriage out again.

Dec 14, 2009
The only game breaking one I've found so far, one that forced me to restart my game, was a side quest in the Mage's guild (something to do with cleansing the focal points or something).

Anyway, after that, I had unlimited magicka, and I'm not one for playing with a game breaking benefit like that.

Thankfully, my mage joined the guild pretty early, so I only lost a couple hours of progress.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
Vegosiux said:
Denariax said:
Hey, least it doesn't have the same people talking about mudcrabs at every corner. Horrible creatures, those.
They need to bring those mudcrabs. The control on this is so shoddy I'd say they'd be the only ones capable of doing it right.

Kelz0r

Oct 28, 2011
No bugs so far, and I've played for 90 hours. The game remains unbroken.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
The only game breaking one I've found so far, one that forced me to restart my game, was a side quest in the Mage's guild (something to do with cleansing the focal points or something).

Anyway, after that, I had unlimited magicka, and I'm not one for playing with a game breaking benefit like that.

Thankfully, my mage joined the guild pretty early, so I only lost a couple hours of progress.
I had a College of Winterhold bug happen to me once.

It was at the very start when I was supposed to be given a tour, but then! in the middle of it, a Dragon appeared and the lady giving me the tour completely stopped giving a hoot even after I killed it.

Now I have to try the Winterhold College in my next playthrough.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
Erandur didn't follow me out of a Dwarven dungeon; I don't want to go back to see if he's standing there like an idiot, but I also don't want to continue without him. . . I guess it's time to start a new game :(

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
I think you should add (On PC) to the title, because that's the only people I see complaining about game-breaking bugs or glitches.

RielleLynn

Jun 9, 2010
73 hours in on the PC version and no bugs or CTD's. I keep hearing about people having terrible bugs with Skyrim and all I can do is wonder how these things are happening.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
As much as I think Skyrim is a really good game, I can't deny that there are bugs-a-plenty in it.

One bug that I seem to be having is one of the side quests at the College of Winterhold.

It's with a student named Brelyna and she has cast a spell on me that is supposedly supposed to wear off. But apparently, despite the fact that I've gone through the main quest and a couple of other side quests, it still hasn't worn off. So I can't continue the sidequest with her.

Hopefully the upcoming patch will sort this and at least most of the other bugs out.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, this was on the 360 version. You're not alone on this my PC gaming brethren.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
The whole "one dungeon for every mission thing." Killed my wanderlust stone cold dead.

Oh wait, that's a feature?

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
AyreonMaiden said:
The whole "one dungeon for every mission thing." Killed my wanderlust stone cold dead.

Oh wait, that's a feature?
What? I don't even... are you saying you think that there's one dungeon overall, or are you actually upset about each dungeon being handcrafted and not cookie cutter?