What Cheat Codes Do You Still Remember?

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
A while back I used to remember the 20 character long code for 30,000 bells in Animal crossing on the gamecube, but that was because I used it everyday. Now, I can't remember any of them.

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
X, Y, A, B, X, Y, X, Y, A, B, X, Y.
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.
Can anyone name what that code did?

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
Starcraft: I actually have every cheat and their effects engraved into my memory. The mistake most people are making when putting the Starcraft cheats into this is that there are spaces in Starcraft cheats. I'm only going to put the ones that I actually use, because typing all of them, and their effects would make this post massive.

something for nothing - Gives one level to weapons and armor for every unit that can receive them (Protoss also gain a level in shielding). Gives you a bunch of random upgrades as well.

food for thought - You no longer need food or psi to build units.

radio free zerg - My favorite, if you are playing as Zerg type this in for an awesome song.

operation cwal - Incredibly fast building, research becomes instant, and most structures and units build in under 10 seconds (some take like 6 or 7).

black sheep wall - Reveals the entire map to you.

show me the money - Gives you 10,000 vespene gas and minerals.

power overwhelming - Every unit becomes immune to damage, the only units capable of dealing damage are your own, which means if computers are fighting eachother neither will die.

the gathering - Infinite engergy for abilities.

staying alive - Awesome for some campaign levels, disables victory so you can sit and watch you units get rushed at the end of the first Protoss mission in Brood War.

medieval man - All research is free.

Ray De Ation

Jun 5, 2009
Invisibility for Half-Life on the Playstation 2 was (left squre right circle) x 2.
I remember because it seemed hilarious at the time to walk right up to the grotesquely over-powered soldiers shouting "Where's Freeman?!"

Gingernerd

Jan 16, 2010
Many Warcraft III cheats, my personal favourite cheat being "Tenth level Tauren Chieftain".
Purely aesthetic, it simply changes the background music to a heavy metal track.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Sonic 2 Level Select -> in Sound Test: 19, 65, 09, 17, after going back to the start screen, hold A while pressing Start.

Sonic 2 All Chaos Emeralds -> in Level Select (see previous): 04, 01, 02, 06. If you hear the fanfare for getting a Chaos Emerald in the Special Stage instead of the normal designated tune (I forget what it is), you're set to go. :)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Power up.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
The first one that comes to mind is always the Sonic The Hedgehog(Mega Drive) level select code - Up,Down,Left,Right,A+Start. When I was little, level seleect codes like that were a big thing to me.
Another two are from MediEvil on PSOne. 1st - T(triangle),O,T,O,O,T,Left,O,Up,Down,Right,O,Left,Left,T,Right,O,Left,Left,T,O,Down,O,O,Right and 2nd - Down,Up,S(Square),T,T,O,Down,Up,S,T.
Also from the Mega Drive is Toy Story's level skip code - A,B,Right,A,C,A,Down,A,B,Right,A
Again from PSOne is Crash Banicoot 3's Spyro demo code - Up,Down,Up,Down,Left,Right,Left,Right,S

Blasky

Apr 15, 2009
Most of the ones I know have already been said...here's a couple that stick in my mind:

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

g_sabberrealisticcombat 9
(In JK3: Jedi Academy that became g_saberdismemberment 1)

Hacking arms off Stormtroopers Obi-Wan Cantina style NEVER got old. Not sure if the 9 was completely necessary, but that's what I used to type in =P Combined with the various bullet-time mods that were out at the time.....man I miss that game.

g_setforceall 4

This one was epic. In the game there were 3 levels of the force powers, each one making the power more powerful and useful. For pull and push there was a 'hidden' 4th level that made it have ridiculous range and power. I can't remember the level's name, but there was one part where Kyle Katarn (Man this is taking me back =P I played this game to death) was going up a long staircase where you kept getting attacked by various stormtroopers. With Pull level 4, you could yank them right over your head and down the stairs behind you, a full 30-40 feet or so. That amused me greatly.

Sink or Swim (Probably one of the first games I had on CD =D)

Level 32 levelcode: thethirdchimp

Now, I know that's not a cheat as such, there was no way of saving your progress in the game other than remembering the code. But that damn level had me stuck for SOOO long, that I had to type it in hundreds of times, which is why it's engrained in my head. Codes like 'tatlinstower', 'fjordfiesta' and 'marymungo' stick in my mind too.

EDIT:

Colin McCrae Rally 2:

greatballsof (I think)

Unlocked a mini that fired a fireball when you pushed circle (the handbrake). If it hit another car, the car would flip out and usually land on its roof. Made for very interesting 2 player split-screen =P

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
I don't know if someone's already mentioned this one but:

ctrl, shift, rosebud;: for extra money on the Sims. Yeah, the first one.
I tried not to use it often but if you wanted a really big house really early on in the game, that was the way to do it.

Also, moveobjects_on cheat from the same game. It's just a bit of fun deleted everything, even the people and the mail box.

(oh, and FARMBOY for Star Wars: Rouge Squadron on N64. Yay! Flying the Falcon!!! (I think that's the right code))

hyplion

Apr 29, 2010
read the title scrolled down and here are some cheats i remember:
iddqd - god mode - Doom
idkfa - all weapons - Doom
idclip - noclip - Doom
dnkroz - god mode - Duke Nukem 3d
dnstuff - all weapons - Duke nukem 3d

a list of warcraft2 cheats
every little thing she does
make it so
hatchet
it is a good day to die
glittering prizes

adding * to you name in battledrome gives you lots of money

use horza as name in theme park and then shift-f for cash during the game

MasterMongoose0

Nov 3, 2009
up up up left down down down left up up up left right

Invincibility in Star Wars Battlefront 2

I used to know the Guitar Hero 2 hyperspeed cheat off the top of my head perfectly, but damn it slips my mind right now. blue orange yellow orange blue orange yellow yellow? I dunno...

Mariakitten

Mar 29, 2010
"Whos your daddy"
"I see dead people"
"greed is good XXXXXX"

And many other Warcraft III cheats.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
R1 R2 L1 R2 Up Left Down Right Up Left Down Right
R1 R2 L1 R2 Up Left Down Right Up Left Down Down Down
R1 R2 L1 R2 Up Left Down Right Up Left Down Down Left
Weapon codes in GTA:Vice City for the PS2.