What could replace War?

ScruffyTheJanitor

Jul 17, 2009
Super giant orbital lasers!!! MUHAHAHAHHAAHA

What were we talking about again? oh yeah.

Just give several thousand xboxs to each team and just make a world sized map. A couple of massive vent servers and done... but the way gaming ends up in some cases, i doubt that will remove the casualties.

RealLifev2.0.09

Nov 17, 2009
BonsaiK said:
TeragRunner said:
So my wonderful thinkers of the Escapist what do you think could replace war?
Already obsolete. That's why no-one can win one anymore. Any country that goes to war against another country automatically loses by default.
Just because there has not been another world war in 60 years (A relatively small period of time as far as humanity is concerned) is not evidence that war is obsolete. I am pretty sure several other nations, groups, and forces have won victories within the past 60 years. You could say none were permanent but nothing ever is.

Two examples being:
Taliban taking control of Afghanistan
North Vietnam's victory over South Vietnam

OT: But as it has been said before the only known end to war would be the end of humanity.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
OptimusPrime33 said:
Furburt said:
Football? It's nationalistic and violent enough.
But America would always win! That's the problem, we created football.

OT: I'd say
Mr Wednesday said:
...Peace?
this
No, America did not invent football, America invented Gridlock yes, but not football.
Technically the country who invented Soccer, invented football, as that's a more international version of football.

The versions of Football i know are, Gridlock, AFL, Rugby and Soccor... antone know any others?

Thamous

Sep 23, 2008
With human nature being what it is, nothing could replace war. Until humanity as a whole develops the ability to solve problems peacefully, war will still exist. But, if your asking what I would like to replace war, I'd say arm-wrestling. Why?Why not.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
OptimusPrime33 said:
antigodoflife said:
OptimusPrime33 said:
Furburt said:
Football? It's nationalistic and violent enough.
But America would always win! That's the problem, we created football.

OT: I'd say
Mr Wednesday said:
...Peace?
this
No, America did not invent football, America invented Gridlock yes, but not football.
Technically the country who invented Soccer, invented football, as that's a more international version of football.

The versions of Football i know are, Gridlock, AFL, Rugby and Soccor... antone know any others?
Im ashamed as an American to say this but... WTF is Gridlock?
Gridlock is the International Name for NFL

shanyeyasheyeya

Sep 5, 2009
I say we try to bake a huge pie that covers all of Africa and we try to eat it all. Or we could just have all the world leaders have dance offs to decide on important decisions. Then we put it on pay per view and the world would be a better place.

sidexwalk

Dec 30, 2009
I suppose we could somehow destroy the human ego, hence making null any prospect of disagreement whatsoever...I don't know. I would personally like to replace war with the lack of any conflict whatsoever, but that's about as unrealistic a prospect as expecting people to first destroy their own egos.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Human extinction, humans can't stop fighting, it is in our nature.

Mechanix

Dec 12, 2009
War exists because we can't talk things out or negotiate. Oh, I lost that coin flip on who wins that piece of territory? My tanks don't think so.

Nothing replaces brute force.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
replace war with some online MMOFPS where thousands upon thousand of people (from everywhere on the planet) fight over a massive virtual land, respawn times are very long (24h) , and the victorious team "wins" the debate.