What did you do...BEFORE the internet?

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
Played sports, NHL 98, computer, Nintendo, Genesis, Super Nintendo, tag, chase, went to parties, got drunk, work, etc. So yeah pretty much the same as now.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Bullfrog1983 said:
Played sports, NHL 98, computer, Nintendo, Genesis, Super Nintendo, tag, chase, went to parties, got drunk, work, etc. So yeah pretty much the same as now.

You do know that this thread is over a year and a half old, right?

Shame on you, necromancer! Shame on you!!

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Begged my brother to let me use his Sega and I read pretty much. And watched cartoons...lots and lots of cartoons...Also I actually went outside. I...can't really remember those days, don't want to remember the horrors of being outside. I hate to think of the sun. *shudders* How did I not die under its rays?

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Mostly books. I loved reading. A whole lot.

I frequented the library on a regular basis to get more and more of them.

That's about it. Never did enjoy being outside so that was a rare occurrence even then.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Berithil said:

I dont even remember creating it..I freaked out for a second when I was my name in the "OP box"

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Read books, play with my dogs, walk around in the woods hitting old dead trees with sticks, play basketball with myself, find sweet bird's nests and make a collection, and occasionally play some Game Boy. The pre-internet days were pretty fun

Moderated

May 12, 2012
I've always had internet, I think. Well, I remember having a computer, but I don't remember going on the internet until I was at least 6 at the new house.
I played N64, hung out with friends, played, etc.

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
I was born in 1989 but I never really understood what the internet was till I was like 14. I mostly would just play sports, play outside a lot. I had a pretty decent amount of friends, I was outgoing. The only time I used the internet was to play games like age of mythology but other than that I just didn't bother with it. Than I fell into the nerd crowd because they had similar interests to me and started playing halo 2 lan parties (This was before xbl was really around) and Resident Evil Outbreak online. Got xbox live a little later on and basically stopped going outside and started blowing off my friends. My group of friends destroyed itself and then I spent the rest of my time on the internet if I wasn't at school and well here I am.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
A time...

Before the internet?

What lies are these?

I has always had the internet...

Always...

*Gets into the fetal position and weeps.*

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Well, I was a kid when the internet started getting popular, so I just did kid stuff.

Play video games, go outside and play, climb trees, plays sports, make things with Legos, Play-Doh, blocks, and construction equipment, watch VHS movies, cartoons, ride my bike everywhere and go to the park.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Vault101 said:
Berithil said:

I dont even remember creating it..I freaked out for a second when I was my name in the "OP box"
Maybe it was a you from an alternate past in which you created this thread instead of that other one, you know that one.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Kaleion said:
Vault101 said:
Berithil said:

Maybe it was a you from an alternate past in which you created this thread instead of that other one, you know that one.
Quiet! Lest the shadows whisper its name and pull that abomination from the very fabric of the ether and doom us all!

May 17, 2010
I was quite a bit younger so obviously I had different wants then I do now. I played outside quite a bit, took a lot of long walks and did general kid stuff of picking up a stick and pretending it was a sword. I read a lot, way more then I do now, thought a lot of the books I read were either pappy sci-fi or crappy fantasy. I played video-games and watched lots of TV.

dhochoy

Nov 10, 2012
Watch TV (still do that). Play video games. Play with my brothers and former neighbors among the similar age group (still do it far less than before).

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Vault101 said:
So do you remember a time in your life when you didnt have access to the internet? has the internet changed your life at all?

in my case because of my age (born in 1991) I do vaugley remeber a time without it however really its been a big part of my life, ive pretty much grown up with it ,I mean I didnt really use it much when I was younger I watched alot of TV had my N64 and books I supose
Are you me??!! o_O

I was born in 1991, I watched loads of TV and played my N64 when I was young and didn't really use a computer untill I was 10 or 11. And that was to go to the pokedex site to check at what level certain pokemons evolved in my Pokémon Red game...

As for internet usage, as said started with the pokedex site and then I used it to play B:net WarcraftIII maybe between the age of 14 and 17 and after that I started actually finding stuff like Youtube, Escapist, Cracked and some other sites I no longer visit. But my usage of Internet as in collecting data and reading/watching funny stuff didn't start untill pretty late.

As for what I did, played with friends sports and games outside and then on our consoles together, which I still do.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!
I now noticed someone just necroed this thread!!
sry for quoting you on this -.-