What did you do for Halloween?

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Viking? Saxon and Dane thank you very much :p

Assuming were both talking about season 5, I actually quite liked king Constantine, but otherwise the 5th series has been kind of meh. The original batch of charaters that made the show interesting are pretty much all gone by the end and the newer ones aren't great replacements.
I felt the arrival of the Danish Instagram hippy witch in series 3 (I think it was 3) marked a downturn for sure and Alfred and Aethelwold were the best characters, once they were gone it lost a lot of it's appeal.

It seems I've forgotten how to do spoiler tags so please scroll down instead if you don't mind spoilers
Deleted before I read so I don't. Yeah season 3 still had its moments, but still felt true to the primary conflict of the narrative. There was a sense still that these were real people and not anime archetypes. Are we on season 5? Geez I get confused anymore. Idk I feel the biggest pull for me was getting little tidbits about the real history, but afaik the show was 100% fiction after season 3.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Deleted before I read so I don't. Yeah season 3 still had its moments, but still felt true to the primary conflict of the narrative. There was a sense still that these were real people and not anime archetypes. Are we on season 5? Geez I get confused anymore. Idk I feel the biggest pull for me was getting little tidbits about the real history, but afaik the show was 100% fiction after season 3.
Yup season 5. I can't really remember exactly what happened in which series. A lot of the rulers, lords etc existed, but it was highly fictionalised.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Viking? Saxon and Dane thank you very much :p

Assuming were both talking about season 5, I actually quite liked king Constantine, but otherwise the 5th series has been kind of meh. The original batch of charaters that made the show interesting are pretty much all gone by the end and the newer ones aren't great replacements.
I felt the arrival of the Danish Instagram hippy witch in series 3 (I think it was 3) marked a downturn for sure and Alfred and Aethelwold were the best characters, once they were gone it lost a lot of it's appeal.

It seems I've forgotten how to do spoiler tags so please scroll down instead if you don't mind spoilers

Seeing as Uhtred succeeded in his long term goal in the last episode IDK if there will be any more seasons, but as a finale it felt like a bit of a damp squib.
For spoilers take out the : you have in the first bracket

mirbrownbread

Elite Member
Nov 16, 2022
Belgium
Country
Belgium
Watched the first "Friday the 13th" I think... It's been more than 10 years since I saw it, but was surprised of myself that I actually remembered some of the scenes. It's a legit good movie IMO - great tension and also, Mr. Bakon does an awesome job. Other than that, I also helped my friend make dynamic QR codes for his costume shop (we also did that during the days leading to it, of course...). That's not to say that I dressed up too - I'm far, far too lazy for that...