What did you do this weekend?

What Do I Care

May 2, 2013
I went to the new Vic at the Glasgow school of art and saw Jon Hopkins play an amazing live set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YT]hHe0nckLiYU[/YT]

Clark was awesome as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YT]ymh13G8YgQE[/YT]

Did you see any music act, movies, events that made your weekend special?

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Worked on an assignment, had the save file for said assignment get corrupted somehow, slapped myself for not having backups, cried, came on to this site to procrastinate redoing it even though its due tomorrow by answering this thread.

To embed you tube video type [ youtube*the = sign and everything after it* ] without the spaces.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
The Minnesota Polar Plunge [http://www.plungemn.org/]

Due to our constant frigid climate, those of us in Minnesota have frostbitten brains. This gives us the idea that a fun time would be to run a 5K (approx. 3.3 miles) and then jump into a frozen over lake.

For reference, it was -2 F (-19 C) today with a 12 MPH wind.

So yeah.....today was an interesting day. On the plus side, to reward me for my pain and suffering, my friends/family donated $536 to Special Olympics.

What Do I Care

May 2, 2013
DementedSheep said:
Worked on an assignment, had the save file for said assignment get corrupted somehow, slapped myself for not having backups, cried, came on to this site to procrastinate redoing it even though its due tomorrow by answering this thread.

To embed you tube video type [ youtube*the = sign and everything after it* ] without the spaces.

Thank you for the advice

Sorry to hear about the assignment, been there myself with my dissertation and its slap in the face. But its done now so don't dwell on it, take a step back and start again. If you've got a decent tutor or boss hopefully you can get an extension on it.

"just keep breathing, that's the key"

What Do I Care

May 2, 2013
tippy2k2 said:
The Minnesota Polar Plunge [http://www.plungemn.org/]

Due to our constant frigid climate, those of us in Minnesota have frostbitten brains. This gives us the idea that a fun time would be to run a 5K (approx. 3.3 miles) and then jump into a frozen over lake.

For reference, it was -2 F (-19 C) today with a 12 MPH wind.

So yeah.....today was an interesting day. On the plus side, to reward me for my pain and suffering, my friends/family donated $536 to Special Olympics.
Good show

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Worked on calculus. Took a few hours to read, work examples, and work problems, but we're on a rather tedious topic right now, so being able to grasp the concept and work that as many problems as I did (about 25) in only a few hours is reasonable.

I also, for the first time since the start of the semester, had to work on a programming lab over the weekend. Somehow I didn't finish it during the actual lab session yesterday. Well, I would have complete it, but the TA gave a piece of advice before I turned it in, and that saved me from submitting a program that failed to account for a few odd scenarios you normally wouldn't think of. So I would have completed it, but it would have been poorly completed.

As for the rest of the weekend, I don't have many plans. For the most part, I'll still be doing school. Tomorrow will be dominated by music and calculus. I may read the next chapter for programming and glance at physics, but honestly, those classes are beyond easy, so I could easily fit them in over the week and save tomorrow for more time-consuming classes.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Well. I worked on Friday. I had today off to watch a performance of my sister's. My dad came home from a business trip for today only, so we went to get ice cream after my sister's performance. We came home and me and my sister played TF2 and played some Turbine. And tomorrow I work again, probably after cramming together the next draft of some english paper that's due before spring break.

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
(Don't say your mom. Don't say your mom. Don't say your mom.)

Your?dad.

On a serious note, nothing much. Slow weekend. Have a lot of assignments coming up. Had a lot of tests these past few weeks. Have a significant amount of alcohol in me. Cannot be bothered to be productive.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I went to race quads (the 4 wheeled motorbike thingy) on the sand dunes and read Herman Melville's "Bartleby, the Scrivener".
I also baked cake.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I finished this manga.

I've been reading it for a month and a half. It was really, really good. No slumps at all.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
What Do I Care said:
DementedSheep said:

Thank you for the advice

Sorry to hear about the assignment, been there myself with my dissertation and its slap in the face. But its done now so don't dwell on it, take a step back and start again. If you've got a decent tutor or boss hopefully you can get an extension on it.

"just keep breathing, that's the key"
Thanks, I won't be able to get an extension since file corruption is specificity excluded from excuse you can give to get one due to the fact that you are suppose to have backups and people lie about it. But its only 2500 words and I already did most the thinking for it so I've gotten a lot of it redone already. It just means I might be a zombie in lecture tomorrow and skimp on the spell checking.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
This weekend I helped my friend with prepping his store for the grand opening. This was the third or fourth time I went there to help. I managed to put a second coat of paint on a set of doors, then we ran bnc/power cables for security cameras. We used my hammer drill to get through some cinder blocks and spent a good three hours working with fishtape to an external camera mount. We started work from about 7PM so we wouldn't disturb the neighbors, and we left at 5:30...this morning. Now I'm so tired I can barely sleep.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I climbed two mountains, felled a tree, and drank lots of beer. Basically, I don't think I could have been more alpha if I'd tried, reminds me of this comic:

I also did a bit of programming for my university project but nowhere near enough to meet my targets for next week. So I'm sort of regretting that as it's looking a bit trickier than I anticipated...

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I've had quite a nice weekend so far. I was babysitting last night for my boyfriend's sister. Then her and her fiance and friends came in completely drunk at 3am. Then we were blasting Spice Girls. It was a great time :D Today just relaxing on here, my boyfriend's nephews are over. Might play some Devil May Cry 4. I only got 4 hours of sleep though this weekend so far. I have also learnt today's equivalent of Scoubidou strings. They were these strings you weaved together to make something pretty. Now they have these little rubber band things you weave around your fingers. It's pretty fun so far and I feel like a teenager again just making a long bracelet.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
Queen Michael said:
I finished this manga.

I've been reading it for a month and a half. It was really, really good. No slumps at all.
Thank you. Now I can't sleep because the creepy female specimen is staring at me from everywhere.

Back on topic. I finished Bioshock Infinite. Was disappointed by the ending, then panicked because assignments. am now procrastinating

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I haven't really done that much, just had a nice relaxing weekend, played some Borderlands, Final fantasy VIII and Rayman Legends, and today I bought the complete collection of Trinity Blood on DVD and am really enjoying it so far, it is an anime series I have had an interest in for a while now.

xshadowscreamx

Dec 21, 2011
Read some more of game of thrones book3
Playing dust Elysian tale
Played driver San F
Played gears of war J on coop with friend. 3rd run, the old casual and insane trick.
Played Charlie murder. 2nd run but on chaos mode
Watched role models again
Watched 'this is the end' I think it's called with Seth rogan at a diff friends house with other friends.

So slightly above average weekend.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
Played "Peace Walker" like a boss. A few friends wanted to play it before Ground Zeroes was out and they wanted help since I managed to must the patience to S rank the majority of it on PSP.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Queen Michael said:
Egads! Was that manga based on her?

I'm ever so curious to look up what that's about but I am also very...very afraid. :D