What did you get for Holiday 2014?

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Those sticks with chocolate on it that you can stir in hot milk. God those are delicious. And that's all, really. Me and my mother don't have a lot of money, and we didn't need anything from each other that wasn't over 50 euro's. So instead I went there, and the three of us (younger brother, still lives at home) had a family gourmet dinner.

I never got the need for like 300+ dollars/euro's in gifts each year. Are people really that into buying physical things? I'd rather buy experiences. Heck, a lot of them are free and experiences are generally cheaper. I have my rental apartment all furnished, a motorcycle I saved up for myself, LARP stuff for LARPING, enough money to buy food and get through each month, and my PC. Any other physical thing is just extra for me.

UltraDeth

Nov 2, 2010
Today is my birthday and for the last few years the items on my Xmas list are split between Xmas & B-Day, which I just received

Crackdown 2
The Evil Within

1 DVD: Red Dwarf season 10

2 Albums: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication & By The Way

And a surprise gift from my family, a new tablet

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Very light season, honestly. Half my immediate adult family made a pact to avoid spending money on one another...which we've all broken at this point.

I got a pair of the most comfy pajama pants I've ever had the good fortune to own. They're so god damned soft. A money clip from my niece, my sibling got me a rather large Twilight Sparkle bank for loose change/cash (which is pretty damned flamboyant), and the obligatory basic toiletries.

Bought my family some gifts, including shirts and stuff. I generally have no idea what to get people, including those closest to me. I kinda suck.

On the personal front, treated myself to some anime BDs (rightstuff.com had a nice sale for the month), a couple in game purchases in Warframe/Ayakashi... annnd...yeah.

Yay for a new year.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
pokeplayer984 said:
Merry Christmas, Everyone! :)

MarioKart 8
Super Smash Bros for Wii U

See ya later!
Those two caught my eye!
If you're interested, there's a "WiiU Online Multiplayer" user group on this site, take a look and if it seems interesting then feel free to join the group :)

On Topic:
I got two books: Michael Monroes autobiography and 101 whiskeys you need to taste
A bit of clothing, jumpers and shirts.
and then the thing, and only thing I really wanted was a toolbox with tools which will be usefull in the future, so I got 2 different ones :D
Very happy with this xmas to be honest.

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
I got this adorable Bub plushie from my boyfriend.I'm so happy!
[http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/keniakittykat/media/bub.jpg.html]

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I got some very nice things this year:

* Zelda II Gold Cart for NES
* 6 Amiibos
* Beer and food cookbook
* $125 Cash
* $250 Gift Card
* Assorted clothing
* Le Creuset dinner plates

Anja Bech

Mar 20, 2013
Running clothes, awesome running shoes, a jenning's gag, money, some lady products (because some members of my family haven't figured out that I don't use those sort of things, and in my 25 year I pretty much never have), American candy from my sister who's abroad.. and some other random little things.

The one thing I got this Christmas which is now going to ruin my new year's is the flu. I got the fucking flu. Which means I've been sick for a while and I'll probably still be sick new year's. Yay...

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I had a pretty good haul this year.

Bicycle took kit,
Leatherman multi-tool,
A massive sourcebook of guitars and amplifiers,
Metro 2034 (the sequel to 2033)
The New Watch (part of The Night Watch series)
A Pop! figure of Daenerys Targaryen.
A personalised pint mug,
Several bottles of beer,
3 bottles of rum,
A load of chocolates, socks and smellies,
And £50 cash.

The beer, money and chocolate are already gone.

EDIT:

Plus I've spent about £100 on the Steam sale as presents to myself.

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
Money and a planer from my Family, and my girlfriend's mom bought us a two night stay at a hotel in Holland. My friends got me an umbrella that has a handle that looks like a rifle, and my girlfriend bought me a bunch of 4 player games on Steam. Uhhm. Still waiting on one or two birthday/christmas gifts because Amazon workers apparently went on strike here. Shame nothing came out of the strike, though.

Oh well, Merry belated Christmas.