What did you waste your Masterball on?

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Pretty simple really, what pokemon did you waste your masterball on?

EDIT: Just gotta add in, my first Masterball was ever so cleverly used on a Machoke. Lucky me.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
A fucking Rhydon, god knows how many times I had to reload as a kid to catch the legendary birds with bloody ultra balls, which is an absolute ***** as you to get the down to thier lowest percentage of health and then make sure they are assleep or frozen and then maybe, MAYBE they won't break out for the 47th fucking time in a row. Still worth it :).

fif1189

Jun 29, 2011
When I first got it I didn't know it was unique so I used it on something really common (can't remember what). However, after discovering the multiple items cheat I used it on everything (after I started a new game for the 40th time :D ).

Shadowsafter

Jun 7, 2010
I used mine in ruby on Groudon without realizing there was one of those bastard roaming pokemon to catch. Speaking of which you can count using it on one of the three bastard dogs in silver because you'd have to be sherlock fucking holmes to catch all three of those.

Loorlgh

Mar 7, 2011
I never wasted one, really. I am way too conservative for it. My sister got really excited for a Skarmory in Crystal, though.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I believe it was on a Zapdos in my first savegame, if I remember correctly. A pretty good use really.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
What is this "wasting" Masterballs? I have 9999++ MASTERBALLS! AND A HORDE OF MISSINGNOS

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH

That was generally how I used to play Blue/Red version when I was like 10.

Edit: And infinite hyperbeams, cause I thought back then it was the best move EVAR.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I always use them on the cover Legendary, i.e. Ho-oh for Gold, Groudon for Ruby etc. It's a little tradition of mine.

However, it lead to an incredibly frustrating encounter with Rayquaza in Ruby when he wouldn't stay in the Goddamn Ultra Balls.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
I wasted it on Groudon in ruby, then had to go and catch fucking rayquaza with damn ultra ball, and god knows how im gonna catch latios, elusive bastard.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
My friend told me you could use master balls to steal a trainer pokemon, so when a trainer threw out Charizard I used it, and he obviously broke out of it, making me lose the master ball.

At this point I didn't really shutdown to use it on something else. But I told my friend it had worked and he wasted his too, so it was fair enough.

Da_MoA

Mar 29, 2009
My young self saw the appropriate use of my Masterball to be the first Pokémon I found in victory road, it was a Graveler. Needless to say Moltres was a ***** to catch.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
Making myself fertile but I don't know if that's only propaganda or not. Could also be an other time I tried to use a save.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Shadowsafter said:
I used mine in ruby on Groudon without realizing there was one of those bastard roaming pokemon to catch. Speaking of which you can count using it on one of the three bastard dogs in silver because you'd have to be sherlock fucking holmes to catch all three of those.
I remember playing Soul Silver, naturally I used the Masterball on Lugia, since it's practically a super-powered beast offered up to you on a plate.

It was later that I was told by my girlfriend that Groudon was capturable and that she had a shit time catching Kyogre with Ultraballs. It was later that night that I used Stone Edge on it with my Tyranitar, getting it down to miniscule health in one hit, after which I caught it with my first fucking ultraball.

Charvale

May 17, 2008
I used it on Mewtwo after I had him frozen by my Gyarados on Pokemon Blue. I would talk about the other Pokemon games, but Blue was the only one I ever got, played, and beat.

Murray Whitwell

Apr 7, 2010
Oh god. Why did you bring this up. Okay lets see...
Fist one was a Ryhorn. It just looked so impressive.
Second time was on Unknown (level 5) because I'd never seen it before and was super confused.
Third was a Cubone. No explaination, I just didn't learn back then.
On a related note of my stupidity in pokemons catching, I saw a shiny Natu in Gold and attacked it with a level 100 Feraligatr because I had some freakish compulsion to never use any other pokemon and didn't consider throwing a pokeball at it.
I was the very best like no one ever was.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Shadowsafter said:
Every fucking time I always used it on Raikou in Silver.

i think i definitely used it on mewtwo usually in the older games and never used it in the newer games.