What do we think of the new Spiderman costume? (Movie Reboot)

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009

This is an official picture of the new Spidey Costume for the movie reboot being released in 2012.

What do we think?

It's slightly different to the one were used to, but i like it!

What do ya'l think?

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
Honestly, I like it. Feels realistic and at least recent instead of trying to stick with an old school look. Plus given a certain other costume we will see in 2011, it could be far, far worse...

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
It looks pretty good, but it also looks like it'd have the texture of a basketball.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
It doesn't look "bad" but it does look too piecey. The top half seems like it tries to blend the red and blue in asymetric lines, but then the bottom half makes the red look like boots. I think the one pre-reboot was better, and more comic-true.

I really don't dig the scale-mail look.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Well I'm all for the yellow eyes.
Web-Blasters will going down very well with the Nerds.
Looks hand-made which is a plus for me.
I need to see more of the torso though. Will the "belt" of the original be there?

All in all, seems good to me.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
It looks more real but I don't really like how it has the different pieces rather than just solid colour like the old one. It makes it look a bit like random pieces were sown together to make it. The old one was better in my option.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Quantum Roberts said:
I need to see more of the torso though. Will the "belt" of the original be there?

There you go!

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
It looks like his wearing a stretched, blue and red basketball skin. Looks good, badass even. Reminds me of the new batman look.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Wahful said:
Quantum Roberts said:

There you go!
See, heres the thing; I've heard that there might be some kind of clip-on belt where he carries his web cannisters. So I don't know if there is going to be or not, though I'm starting to doubt it.

The Mid-section is wierd though. On his back, you can see what looks like the start of a belt, and yet it just disappears. Very strange detailing. Fact this is what got me thinking of the web-belt idea.

I really hope that this suits evolves during the new film series. That would make it more believable in my eyes. Good start though.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Quantum Roberts said:
Wahful said:
Quantum Roberts said:

There you go!
See, heres the thing; I've heard that there might be some kind of clip-on belt where he carries his web cannisters. So I don't know if there is going to be or not, though I'm starting to doubt it.

The Mid-section is wierd though. On his back, you can see what looks like the start of a belt, and yet it just disappears. Very strange detailing. Fact this is what got me thinking of the web-belt idea.

I really hope that this suits evolves during the new film series. That would make it more believable in my eyes. Good start though.
Comic spidey had a webbelt on he just had it under his shirt/pants which is definitely not how belts work. I feel that something about the design possibly the dark blue patch draws the eye a bit too much to the junk.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
ace_of_something said:
Quantum Roberts said:
Wahful said:
Quantum Roberts said:

There you go!

Comic spidey had a webbelt on he just had it under his shirt/pants which is definitely not how belts work. I feel that something about the design possibly the dark blue patch draws the eye a bit too much to the junk.
Oh definately. Also, is it just me or are the muscles on his thighs painted on?

cptawesome

Nov 2, 2009
I like it all the way down to the crotch area. there's a few pics i saw on a site I cant think of off the top of my head, and it was stills from the set, and it looked pretty bad. but they'll probably fix that up in post-production.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
Seems pretty good to me. The new spider-symbol looks way better with its extended legs and the gloves remind me of Spiderman 2099 for some reason.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Just noticed they're doing web-cartridges. I much prefered how it was done in Raimi's films, seems more believable to me.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Looks way too much like Spider-Man 2099 for my likes. And I can see his eyes, I don't like that either. I'm really conflicted as to whether or not I'm even going to see the reboot.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
It's quite similar, but at the same time looks better, I like it. Still don't understand why it's getting a reboot, but I can't complain. Maybe they want to refresh the character for when they make Avengers 2 or something.