What do you do for a job?

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Although I don't have a job yet, my first real job interview is on May 23rd. This marks a full year since I started unemployment. Also, the world ends two days before. Bloody typical.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
tharglet said:
I'm a programmer.... yup. Not really much to talk about, but it pays the bills and keeps me entertained.
what do you program for?
OT: highschool is my job but I was offered to be paid to make a minecraft server plugin but I refused I had to much exams

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
I have two jobs at Waikato University.

Job 1) front of house staff at Waikato Print.
Acting as a buffer between the Central Print and the students/lectures as well as selling course readings and minor print jobs.

Job 2) Audio Visual Technician.
After hours I wander the Uni testing the equipment in the lecture theaters and upgrading it. I also have to respond to hotline calls.

Kenami

Nov 3, 2010
I freelance as a graphic designer and photograph concerts.

You can see my work here if you'd like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenami/

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
male nurse (why isn't there a proper male noun for us in english? it kind of sound stupid to say "male nurse")

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
I work full time at the moment in a garden centre for canadian tire, Its like canada's version of like...i don't know, Walmart but mixed with home depot i guess.. ALSO this made me laugh :p http://imgur.com/JIxDP

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I'm a student :p

I make my money by lending it to my friends and then getting an extra fiver or so back. I usually have a good 50 or so floating around, i'll get 75 back and that'll cover the next lot of people.

Helps that I live at home really.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I wipe desks, scrub toilets, mop floors, empty bins and other things (not necessarily in that order, though ;) )

Other than that, I'm a student.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
I'm assistant director at a small gallery where I live. I've been working here for almost 6 years now. Freelance in graphic design, illustration, photography and videography is my side project, but the two combined keep me busy enough.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
I'm a full time (40+ hours per week) student working on an honors thesis at the moment.

My only income is a gig I have as a chemistry lab demonstrator for first year uni students.

Upside: The pay rate is really good.

Downside: I only get to work 4 hours a week.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
I work for a publisher, specializing in music magazines. My job's the artwork manager, which sounds cooler than it is. Still, a fair bit of freedom in the work, nice comfortable office, few people breathing down my neck.. Could be a lot worse!

Mr. Fancy Pants

May 7, 2011
I'm a Design Engineer. I assist Mechanical Engineers who need designs done for whatever project their doing as well as doing my own projects. I've even assisted in the design of Fernando Alonzo's F1 car.

I'm following in my old man's footsteps.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I'm still a student at a University but during my time off, I've got a job working in a small shop. Although since I'm just a sub I only work there when ever one of the main workers takes a day off.

Adamd1990

Apr 13, 2011
I'm a forensic health care worker working for a medium secure mental hospital. Basically means I don't let the inmates take over the asylum.

O, and the inmates are murderers, rapists, arsonists, and all are bat shit crazy.

minnull

Feb 10, 2010
I'm a Project Manager for a multi billion dollar corporation. I work from home and choose most of my hours so I really can't complain. I was a butcher for the 4 years I was in High School so I think I payed my dues.

elbrandino

Dec 8, 2010
I bus tables at an awesome restaurant which cannot be found except by those who already know where it is. I'm not doing a whole lot of work right now since school is still in, but I'll be working a lot more this summer. Also, tips are awesome.