What do you do when you can't sleep?

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
I go workout, because the I'm the most tired right before I workout.

And masturbation, it does help but that and working-out go "hand and hand".

Qmonster

Sep 20, 2010
I've had serious insomnia for about 10 years, and I swear by audio books. I listen to books I'm either not too invested in getting every nuance (something pulpy) or something I've read before. It doesn't require me to keep my eyes open and so I can eventually drift off to sleep without boredom setting in and giving me nervous energy. Radio drama works too, but can have some issues, like the one Star Wars book that decided to have blaring air raid sirens for several minutes...

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
I feel like the first guy to be honest here, after all there are only two kinds of men. I whack it. And/or listen to some music on my ipod.

Damn it, I was ninja'd.

SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Masturbate.

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
When i can't can't to sleep i put on some creepypasta, for some reason it puts me right to sleep. Now i have problems going to sleep without it.... it's soothing to me, like someone is reading me a bedtime story.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I mastur...

I mean...

Fuck it, I masturbate.

On nights when I don't do that though, I tend to close my eyes and count inside my head. For some reason that gets me to fall asleep.

EDIT:

I also sometimes listen to my iPod before I go to sleep. Some music from Kirby's Epic Yarn is the most recent example:

The music in that game is really soothing.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
I accept it and go research a topic that I'm currently interested in. Then when I feel so tired I know nothing will stop me sleeping I retry. If it doesn't work go back to step one.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I talk to people who I know are also awake.

And masturbate sometimes, yeah.

Sometimes simultaneously, depending on the person and the topic.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
Alucard 11189 said:
When I can't sleep I will often watch a movie or a TV show that I really enjoy, like Law and Order: Criminal intent or Lucy the daughter of the devil. I find that it relaxes me enough that I will fall asleep. Failing that, I will read a book.
Huh... I wonder why... though how does that send you to sleep? Would've thought you'd watch another ep or three... -_-

OT: I game... if I want to bore myself to sleep, I'll play an RTS battle on easy and make it last as long as possible, the only problem being I wake up with keyboard face and the sound of defeat ringing in my ears.

Though once, I set up a perfect defensive ring while playing C&C:RA2, fell asleep, woke up a few hours later and IT WAS STILL FUCKING THERE!!
Heh. It usually takes four episodes of Law & Order: Criminal intent to get me to sleep, but it relaxes me. Usually when I can't sleep I am quite pent up and stressed out.

Waking up with keyboard face is never good though. I did become well acquainted with that phenomena when I stayed up to read a friends dissertation. My glasses also dug into the side of my face. Bad times...