What do you do whilst Loading?

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Sit patiently for about a second or 2, wondering what the world's coming to. Ah, the joys of console gaming...

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
I masterbate furiously like a necro in a graveyard. I collapse in a pool of my own sweat and pass out. Around the time I wake up again the game's loaded and I'm right to play, if still a little light headed.

EDIT

Crap, somebody else said wanking. I guess it's become a popular passtime on loading screens.

NotPigeon

Feb 26, 2008
I usually flip through Surfin' the Highway or read some of whatever book I happen to be reading.

Iceman23

Dec 20, 2007
I usually stand up and stretch my back/neck/legs, or for the longer load times, I fire up my DS and play a little Metroid Zero Mission.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Khell_Sennet said:
PurpleRain said:
Crap, somebody else said wanking. I guess it's become a popular passtime on loading screens.
You're sitting alone in a chair with nothing to occupy your hands, it's gonna happen no matter how hard you fight it... Now not such a good idea at internet cafe's or the library though.
I found out the internet cafe one, the hard way. Get it... hard?

Note to self: die.

Sackwak

Dec 20, 2007
Mash all the buttons in hopes it does something. If not then stare blankly into nothing until a distraction or games loaded

defcon 1

Jan 3, 2008
I use this time to do my homework and listen to my iPod.

Back when I had a rock-buttom end PC (that took ages to load Warcraft III) I would just read or find a toy to fidle with (I'm easily amused).

Divinegon said:
Stop loading...now! Now! Stop loading!".
Oh, sometimes it WOULD stop. and I mean STOP! That realy ticked me off

Mr_Cynical

Dec 3, 2007
flick the switch on my vga splitter and check t'interwebs if i'm on the 360, or read if im on the pc.
i tell you, it sucks balls having a "slow" pc these days. when it takes 15-20 mins for bloody steam to load, let alone half life 2, it tends to drive you a bit nuts...

Edit
I'm quite drunk and more than likely over-exaggerating here...

GoddamnitReddas

Feb 25, 2008
I usually tap my fingers on the buttons of the controller in rhythm with whatever music is playing during the load or in my head. Or I just stare at the screen. I don't know if I'm thinking anything. Probably psyching myself up for whatever part of the game coming next.

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
Hey, what's the Dragonball Z game, where it gives you a little mini-game during the loading screens? Hitting bricks with balls of light or something, it's good stuff.

bulletproof12

Feb 28, 2008
mspencer82 said:
It depends. If we're talking a console like waiting for Oblivion to load on my Xbox 360 I just stand up, stretch a little, and sit back down.

If it's a long loading PC game, and by that I mean Sims 2, and by that I mean always Sims 2; I read a novel, go out to a bar, pick up a woman, awkwardly forget her name the next day, eventually convince her she can do worse than marrying me, have 2 kids - name one after her father, God rest his soul - and adopt a puppy, explain to the kids that sometime doggies go to Doggy Heaven before scraping the carcass off the road, discover my wife is cheating on me, divorce, reconcile, and hopefully by the time our youngest has graduated high school I can sit down to the Sims 2 for a simulated life experience.
all i can say is just epic

Choukou

Jan 23, 2008
I pick up my purple ukulele that's sitting next to me and have a noodle! 'All you need is love!'

eagle270878

Mar 4, 2008
I end up turning off the game. normally it's just not worth playing a game that has long loading times, because there's always another game that's equally as good with less and shorter loading times.