What do you love most about your console? Xbox360/PS3

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010
Pfft, I loathe my console. I bought my Xbox because Mass Effect was orignally announced as an Xbox exclusive and have regretted ever since. It's a terrible bit of hardware that is relegated to being a makeshift heeater in the colder months.

Instead, PC Gaming for the win.

Jatyu

Insane Faceless Stranger
Sep 1, 2010
I have both a 360 and a PS3, and the best quality of both of them is their ability to inspire people of below average intelligence to argue pointlessly, and hillariously, about which is better.

But I like my mega drive 2 more cause of Sonic 2.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I only have a PS3, I like how everyone in my family can use it for something besides games (Netflix, Blu-rays, etc.) And I also like how this post sounds like a really bad PS3 commercial.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
360: I like the controller and it has some good games. Also achievements. Yes, they're silly, but I won't deny that there's a certain joy from hearing that sound and seeing the icon pop up. I also like that there's a proper on-demand store on XBL, something Sony doesn't seem to want to work on.

PS3: Great exclusives, REGION-FREE GAMES, Blu-Ray player, PS1 compatibility, strong technology.

PettingZOOPONY

Dec 2, 2007
I use my 360s mainly as media devices for mulitple rooms and for $200 its not a bad media device for when guest come over they can watch and play casual games and keep the kids entertained with co op games.

Same for the PS3 but I put a big HDD drive in it and have all my favorite movies and TV shows on that plus its a good stable backup for those files.

I do like the consoles because the compliment and integrate with my PC so well.

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
I like my 360 for the games. These days there's not so many unique games but back when I first got it there was Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect etc.

HalfChance

Apr 5, 2011
My mighty 360 slim, I love the fact that at any time of day I can jump straight into the multiplayer aspect of any of my games and 99% of the time I will find people to play with/against.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
I love the PS3 because you can play imported games on them and get demos and games from different regions (especially Japan).

I love the 360 because it's faster at downloading content and you don't have to install a game after downloading.

McNoobin

Sep 8, 2009
I like the PS3 because of the free online and I personally like the feel of a PS controller than an Xbox one.

SuperRobot64

Mar 22, 2010
My PS3 can play: Metal Gear Solid, Ratchet & Clank, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, Infamous, Uncharted, Killzone, 3DDotGameHeroes and Resistance.

My 360 can play the Mass Effect series.

I like my Xbox 360 better.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
I love my 360's controller, Live party chat, and the games marketplace, which is to say the whole thing. Arcade, indie, and on-demand.

After that, some of the games are quite nice. I'm a Reach nerd. It's almost a ritual these days.

What I hate is the lack of Portal 2 co-op buddies.
*cries*
Wish I could find someone to play it with me.....

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Cry Wolf said:
Pfft, I loathe my console. I bought my Xbox because Mass Effect was orignally announced as an Xbox exclusive and have regretted ever since. It's a terrible bit of hardware that is relegated to being a makeshift heeater in the colder months.

Instead, PC Gaming for the win.
Meh, you and your makeshift heater.

The PS3 can cook steak!

<youtube=ii2orq2rvhM>

Superiority, asserted.

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
Large game library and a dependable online network (try and guess which console I own)
Also, I've found the 360's interface a bit more upbeat and user friendly than the PS3's.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Xbox - Multiplayer, multiplayer, multiplayer. If I'm not playing multiplayer on the xbox (barring a couple of exclusives), I'm doing it wrong.

PS3 - Better if I want to simply relax and play something. While I use my Xbox to either play online or talk to people, this is the console I go on when I really don't feel like talking to anyone, with only myself and the controller.

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
To me, the PS3 has the most accessible controller. And the online is free, which is nice. And I'm a bigger fan of the PS3 exclusives (God of War, Infamous) than the Xbox 360 ones (Halo, Gears of War). Also, my PS3 has always been good to me, and never committed suicide because I moved it around (remember those few Xbox 360s that did? Ring of Fire anyone?).

That being said, even though players pay for their online on the 360, there certainly is a bigger online community over there (are people even on PSN...ever?), which could make the bang worth the buck. And since the online community is so big, I would assume that the multiplayer experience is a little better with 360s that PS3s. And at least the 360 is completely backwards compatible. But I don't own a 360, so I can't say much else.

Still, I love my PS3. It does a lot more things right than wrong. The only thing holding it back is the backwards compatibility thing.

Stammer said:
(Though if I had to say what I hate most about my PS3 it's the fact that it's not backwards-compatible. I'd seriously pay $100 for a peripheral or software update that allowed me to play my PS2 games on it, but Sony's being a douche about it.)
Agreed. I'd drop coin in a heartbeat for that option. Someday hopefully.