What do you miss from your childhood?

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
This is kinda along the lines as my last topic, which had to do with nostalgia, but here I want to ask flat out. What do you miss from your childhood? Is it TV shows, music, pets, things you used to do, people you used to know?

Me, I miss my grandfather. He's not dead, but when I was younger he was a big part of my life, but he has become much more distant as times goes on since we have no similar tastes and he spends a lot more time with his new (7 years married) wife and her family.

EDIT: Everyone seems to miss Digimon a lot (which was my reason for creating the nostalgia thread), but what made me start rewatching the series again was a Digimon AMV a friend sent me.

Which in turn made me watch the movie again, which in turn made my inner child cry, which made me resolve to never make my inner child sad again. I then did 3 hours of homework. My inner child was threatening to beat me with a bat if I didn't do some nostalgic viewing.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Not worrying about my body.

I can distinctly recall a period of time in which my physical appearance was of no concern to me, and it was glorious.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009

That sums up TV, as for everything else the days when you use to walk into a classroom and show off a deck of protected sleeved promo pokemon cards and get mad respect and the elementary school lunch room trade economy (Seriously where else could you get 3 Chocolate milks and a slice of pizza for under a dollar)

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Not having to pay for things.

I miss the days when money didn't exist, and the only reason my parents didn't get me stuff was because they were jerks.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
Remember watching the same videos over and over again, for days in a row and never getting tired/bored of them. Few I can remember Digimon The movie was one, a bunch of Scooby Doo VHS's, also the Goonies, still love that movie.
Also, miss my Nintendo 64...
The whole innocence thing as well.

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
Trololo Punk said:
Remember watching the same videos over and over again, for days in a row and never getting tired/bored of them. Few I can remember Digimon The movie was one
Can't....stop....watching....movie...

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
The old Cartoon Network, and a complete disregard for other's opinions about me. Man, that was nice.

Dapper Tadpole

Oct 12, 2011
I recall a time when running around my street with home-made Ninja Turtle weapons and masks didn't draw raised eyebrows ...

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
The cartoons. Not the cartoons alone but being able to watch them at the age I did.

Running home from school to watch Thundercats and Superted. Watching Jayce and the Wheeled Warrios and Ulysees 31 with my brother.

I watch them now and while I do get that grin of nostalgia it just doesn't feel the same as being a kid.

There isn't much I didn't enjoy about the 80's except my mullet.

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
Rawne1980 said:
There isn't much I didn't enjoy about the 80's except my mullet.
I looked at pictures of my dad with a mullet in the 80's and when I was young I thought an animal had perched on his head.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Being able to put a brand new cartridge into a game console and play the game instantly without having to download anything, put in a code, set up an account or, any other crap like that. I also miss being able to play with friends in the same room. Most games I have that does have multiplayer are online/LAN only.

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
When I was young it seemed that life was so wonderful
a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees well they'd be singing so happily
joyfully, playfully watching me. I miss the simplicity, innocence, and not worrying about the crap I do now.