What do you think about the WII?

Mindmaker

May 29, 2010
I use my PC/laptop for indie games and rougelikes mostly.
The Wii is for the "real" games.

Since I have friends which keep me informed about past and upcoming games, I already have a list of games, which will keep me occupied for a long time.

I really don't miss commercial PC games and the way too similar games on the other consoles.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I've nothing against the Wii and I actually have one in my house, although I rarely play it.

Might pop on every now and then for a game of Mario Kart or Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles.

Also I suck at Mario Kart, I just play it for fun.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
elcamino41383 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
elcamino41383 said:
i sold my wii, thought it was a piece of trash and a waste. If there is a must have game for it though, its No More Heroes, by far
Could you perhaps explain why it is a piece of trash?
Well, for me personally, pretty much anything I played had little to no replay value, or even play value what so ever (Soul Calibur: Legends, anyone?) Also most of the games don't even look interesting enough to try. Of the maybe...20-25 games I bought and tried, only No More Heroes was the one I stand by as being worth while.
That sounds like it was more a problem with the games you chose, it doesn't make the console a piece of trash just because developers make shitty games. There are good games on it, admittedly you have to hunt more to find them. Soul Calibur: Legends sounds like a very poor choice on your behalf as I looked into getting it and thought it looked rubbish, so don't blame the console for that.

I can understand not liking the console I guess, but I'm careful about my purchases for any game console I have and I'm barely ever disappointed. I'm sorry you had a bad time with the Wii, but some of us have found the awesome thing about it.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
elcamino41383 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
elcamino41383 said:
i sold my wii, thought it was a piece of trash and a waste. If there is a must have game for it though, its No More Heroes, by far
Well, for me personally, pretty much anything I played had little to no replay value, or even play value what so ever (Soul Calibur: Legends, anyone?) Also most of the games don't even look interesting enough to try. Of the maybe...20-25 games I bought and tried, only No More Heroes was the one I stand by as being worth while.
That sounds like it was more a problem with the games you chose, it doesn't make the console a piece of trash just because developers make shitty games. There are good games on it, admittedly you have to hunt more to find them. Soul Calibur: Legends sounds like a very poor choice on your behalf as I looked into getting it and thought it looked rubbish, so don't blame the console for that.

I can understand not liking the console I guess, but I'm careful about my purchases for any game console I have and I'm barely ever disappointed. I'm sorry you had a bad time with the Wii, but some of us have found the awesome thing about it.
Problem with SOME games I chose, yes, absolutely. I've even done it on my PS3 several times. I won't deny that. But even the few good games I tried on the system (Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Twilight Princess) just couldn't hold over enough for me to want to keep the system. To me Nintendo is just dying. I won't say I had NO fun on the system, just not nearly enough to warrant keeping it and allowing it to collect dust when I play my PS3 daily. I guess its not so much the console itself I don't care for but anything made for it. It just doesn't hold weight to me.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I hate it. Motion controllers are literally the worst thing ever for gaming.

Even Half life would be bad if played with a wii remote.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
GuerrillaClock said:
xXAsherahXx said:
GuerrillaClock said:
xXAsherahXx said:
snippington
My point was that gaming isn't going to become more childish, just because there are more accessible 'casual' games than ever before doesn't mean that the whole industry is going to follow suit. It's sad that some developers are using the need for these accessible games top pump out brainless, simplistic drivel, but it was always going to happen like that. When I go into a film, and I see a trailer for a shitty film, I don't go "WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE MOVIE INDUSTRY", I decide that, often, shitty films are released and I get over it. It doesn't spell the doom of an industry just because some companies are bandwagon-jumpers out to make a quick buck, this is how it's always been, from the Atari days onward.

As for the comic analogy, I wasn't stating my own personal beef with it, and I don't have a problem with complex stories, I was simply stating facts. All that comic industry crash actually happened, and I was just drawing parallels with what was happening in the games industry, ie a fanbase which was growing further away from the mainstream, and becoming more exclusive, but without any large influx of new fans to keep it going when the old 'hardcore' fans either give up or dedicate less time to their hobby.
You are annoying me a bit. I have an opinion, fucking deal with it, don't just write a whole page long speech on how I am wrong. I haven't discredited everything you have said, and that's is all you're doing to me. Show some damn courtesy. I got your point, now get mine, then shut up, and we can live in peace.
Yeah, it's called a disagreement, and a debate. You know, point and counter-point and all that stuff. It's sort of what forums were invented for. Believe me, there's no personal grudge or anything involved here. it's just a debate fr God's sake. Don't rage at me because I bothered to come up with a reasoned counter-point, or would you rather I just flamed you and insulted your mother instead?
A debate is fine, but after a while it becomes a hassle to carry on and I would rather just continue on. We don't have the most intelligent points to make in my opinion, so I don't prefer continuing this. Is that alright with you, sir?

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
elcamino41383 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
elcamino41383 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
elcamino41383 said:

Problem with SOME games I chose, yes, absolutely. I've even done it on my PS3 several times. I won't deny that. But even the few good games I tried on the system (Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Twilight Princess) just couldn't hold over enough for me to want to keep the system. To me Nintendo is just dying. I won't say I had NO fun on the system, just not nearly enough to warrant keeping it and allowing it to collect dust when I play my PS3 daily. I guess its not so much the console itself I don't care for but anything made for it. It just doesn't hold weight to me.
That makes perfect sense to me, I only have around 10 games for it but I enjoy all of them. I do agree with you that unless Nintendo does some serious thinking they will die off, it's a matter of time.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
elcamino41383 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
elcamino41383 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
elcamino41383 said:

That makes perfect sense to me, I only have around 10 games for it but I enjoy all of them. I do agree with you that unless Nintendo does some serious thinking they will die off, it's a matter of time.
It's sad, because it used to be THE go to system. Now I just avoid it all together