What do you think about when you run?

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Every now and then, i start writing a manuscript inside my head; but more often than not it's just some mood music. Specifically, this mood music.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
Depends on the situation. If I'm being forced to run, I usually focus on my legs, but if I'm just jogging somewhere I completely zone out, and I'm only aware of my surroundings enough to avoid running into something.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
idiotsavant said:
I think about how much I hate running and how I wish to stop it immediately. It's very counter-productive.
Pretty much this, while plotting to kill the person or thing responsible for making me run.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
toriver said:
One of 3 things:

1) Get the f--- away from whatever's chasing me!
2) Dang it, I'm gonna be late!
3) How much I hate running.
Same here exactly. Cardio and I had a falling out about a decade ago and I don't particularly want to patch the relationship. I'll hike all day if you need me to but unless I'm in a life-or-death situation or I'm chasing the last bus, I don't run.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
Sing usually...
People here me singing something strange (Slipknot) and assume I'm crazy.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
"oh god, oh god, oh god, It burns!!!"- In my head

While I play music in my mind...

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
usually i think about what's going to happen to me when the guy whose chasing me catches up

AnnaIME

Empress of Baked Goods
Dec 15, 2009
I make sure to have a good audiobook. Running is so mindnumbingly boring that the book is what makes it possible for me to run at all.

And afterwards I feel so good about myself, and I spend a few nerdy minutes uploading the contents of my little running computer and looking at the pretty diagrams.

Kije

Oct 13, 2009
"F**king short stamina bar! Lvl up already dammit! Why do I even have one of these stupid things anyway!? Cant I just get a 3rd person view and hold some button?"

DSEZ

Aug 8, 2009
i really dont think about stuff i go on auto pilot when im running or im listening to music and normally i sing my music

storytime:eek:ne time i ran 2 miles (back when i wasnt in good shape)i see this girl i liked all im thinking while im running to her house "this better be worth it this better be worth it this better be worth it" it was:)

Vagabond_Samurai

Dec 22, 2009
I either zone out while listening to music, thinking about something that makes me angry (screw Red Bull, rage gives me wings,) imagining that I'm being chased down by zombies/orcs/stupid people, that I'm running to save someone's life, or that I'm running towards a lady that I particularly enjoy.