What do you think is the most stylish western cartoon

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Not the best looking or realistic but what show do you think just oozes style and great aesthetic

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Has to go to Samurai Jack . It drips style and beautiful aesthetics. Even what the new episodes lacked in pacing and story structure, it had it looks.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Obviously, 12 oz. Mouse comes out way on top. Though South Park is incredibly beautiful as well. When I watch either of those shows, I often gotta pause them just to gaze at those stunning visuals.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
First thing that came to mind for me was Over the Garden Wall. I think it looks stunning, the lights and shadows, the colours, they're really, really beautiful.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
The moment you've all been waiting for...

[HEADING=1]VERSUS[/HEADING]​

[HEADING=3]See the Battle of the Centuries![/HEADING]​

[HEADING=3]Time and Space will Never be the Same![/HEADING]​

[HEADING=1]JACK -VS- COOP[/HEADING]​

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Batman the animated series. The started with a black back ground and added the details of the city over that. Gave it a real depth and its aged so, so well.

Its a masterpiece.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In no particular order:

Avatar The Last Airbender, Batman the Animated Series, Megas XLR, and Samurai Jack.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
DefunctTheory said:
Heavy Metal is a strange beast to me now. I've gone from thinking it was the most mind blowing thing ever (when I first saw it in 1985 on a bootleg at the tender age of 9. BLOOD! BOOBIES!), to absolute trash (mid 90's-2000's) to still trashy but an interesting style artifact (2010) to a deeply flawed but heart filled curiousity (now).

Despite that, I still consider it one of the best movie soundtracks ever, and own every form it came on :)

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Smithnikov said:
DefunctTheory said:
Heavy Metal is a strange beast to me now. I've gone from thinking it was the most mind blowing thing ever (when I first saw it in 1985 on a bootleg at the tender age of 9. BLOOD! BOOBIES!), to absolute trash (mid 90's-2000's) to still trashy but an interesting style artifact (2010) to a deeply flawed but heart filled curiousity (now).

Despite that, I still consider it one of the best movie soundtracks ever, and own every form it came on :)
I just recently re-watched it, actually. I'm not going to claim its some sort of masterpiece or anything, but I still think it deserves a mention in a 'Stylish Western Animation' thread.

The soundtrack is pretty damn good too.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Samurai Jack is beautiful in a lot of ways, it's style is striking and the angular look works so well for its kinetic animation.

On the other hand... this

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
3 years ago there was a Powerpuff Girls anniversary special where they used CG instead of the classical animation. Instead of lifeless 3D models like early CG movies, they gave it some flair to make it look 2D and it looks awesome, specially in movement.

Vanilla ISIS

Dec 14, 2015
Stylish?
Spawn the animated series.
The entirety of Spawn is all style and no substance, that's why the action figures still sell but the comic books don't.

Both the art design and animation are great.
The plot isn't the best but it's competent enough where it doesn't distract from the amazing visuals.

retsupurae yahtsee

May 14, 2012
Ren and Stimpy, the surreal, wonderfully animated gem with hilarious jokes and characters. It would be my favorite if not for the Simpsons.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Does it have to be a series? If we're allowed to do movies, "Thief and the Cobbler", especially the recobbled cut. No dialogue from the thief and cobbler, everything is hand drawn, the whole movie is gorgeous.