What Do You Think Is The Saddest Moment In A Game?

Eklyx

Jul 2, 2009
I have two big ones:

The first is the ending of Fallout (the original one), it just bugged me, I didn't even get the sense of achievement I usually do, I just felt angry and betrayed.

The second was the end of Final Fantasy Crisis Core, i was speechless for a good hour or so even though I saw it coming the whole time.

Tfirmin002

Aug 24, 2009
the test didn't work...

OT: i became really attached to my crew in Mass Effect... then my friend told me about the big choice... it teared me up as it got closer and closer... i didn't cry but i felt so bad... but-

/SPOILERS AHEAD/

in the end i let Ashley die honourably doing what she did best... fighting...

/SPOILERS END/

anyway, i found it sad...

/MORE SPOILERS/

after that we nuked the place, then i felt better again :D + i couldn't wait to kill Saren, but wait... he commits suicide! that pissed me off... X|

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
When the game ends is probably the saddest moment for me, because then I know I'll have to wait another 2 years for the continuation! Man does that suck.

Also, Dead Space made me sad for Isaac though. Poor man...

Calum_M

Nov 20, 2009
That bit towards the end of disc 3 of FFIX for some reason always gets to me. I'm not even sure why. I think it's Nobuo Uematsu's score. That man is a genius.

Now I've said this, I need to find the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtGIr9orwFA

Macheteswordgun

Jul 24, 2010
When my dog died in fable 2 QQ... wait... that shit was funny! Naw thats horrible he was so close to that dicks throat

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
<spoiler=Major Spoiler for The Darkness>When Jenny got shot. It was built up so while Jackie's life was falling apart and the Darkness was consuming his soul she was the one good thing in his life. When she was killed I felt some of what Jackie would feel, sadness and Anger which is why he shot himself. Great game. If you've read this without playing the game you are a fool for not buying it and spoiling the twist. It happens about a third to half way through so it doesn't spoil the end.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I almost cried when
Alister Fletcher died in Tomb Raider: Underworld. He was one of my favorite characters. Apart from Lara, obviously

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
the most sad of them all goes to red dead ending
John Marston was Fucking shot in his body over 50 fucking times! it would have been so painful and I can't believe that no one shot him to end his mystery.The music made it so much sadder. I fucking almost cried!:(:(:(:(:(

[edit]by the way,if you just threw out dynamite out you would've killed them all

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
****RED DEAD REDEMPTION SPOILER!!!!!******

When Marston is killed by the bastards who had taken his family, then forced him to kill his old partners. After all he'd been through, he was finally getting setteled and then he just gets cut down like that. I cried. I really did.

Ophi

Jun 28, 2009
Some of my picks have been said already, but anyways...

Aerith in Final Fantasy 7 didn't bother me one bit, but Zack in Crisis Core... ;_;

I probably would've cried at the end of FF10 if I didn't already know what the ending was.

A majority of the death quotes in Fire Emblem 9 & 10 can be.. jarring, especially if you've grown attached to the character in question. What makes it worse is that 99% of these permanent character deaths are purely YOUR fault, due to shoddy strategy; it's YOUR fault that a loving father will never see his children again, YOUR fault that a 12 year old kid has lost both his brothers overnight, YOUR fault that the main character's little sister is dead....

Three quotes that stuck in my head LONG after I beat FE10:

"In this world... there's no place for joy.. or laughter."

"Hey, kids... Your dad, he worked real hard...for everyone... To the very end... Aah..."

"I'm not a hero... I'm just a soldier. There's no lesson in this... I knew that's...how it would be... But still... I..."

D*:

On that note, playing your first Fire Emblem game, losing your first unit, a developed and oftentimes significant character in their own right, and realizing that they aren't coming back.