What do you think of Australia?

purpleflamingo

Dec 18, 2010
Scarecrow 8 said:
It's alright. I hate the racism and stupidity of the place though....and I live here!
Not sure where you live, but i dont get much rascism in the most multi-cultural nation in the world...

Stupidity i get tho...

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I love the Australian dialect, and I would love to go there some day.
The TV-show Border Security, however, has made it sure that I never will.

ApeShapeDeity

Dec 16, 2010
SirDeadly said:
Seeing as there has been a few "What do you think of America?" threads, I decided to make a "What do you think of Australia?" thread.

I personally think it's a great place to live but that's probably because I do live here. Just need something to do in Adelaide!
Nothing to do in Adelaide? What? So you don't like fine wine or eating out in world class restraunts?... Ok, not the Fringe... Clipsal 500 or the classic rally? You like fast cars? No? How about the film festival? No? How about Womadelaide (world music festival)? No? Tour down under? Not men in spandex, huh?... Geez, you're hard to please. ;P

Joshica Huracane

Feb 21, 2011
Being a Kiwi, I should hate it by default, though, having lived here for 10 years, its grown on me. Too hot most of the time, too many natural disasters, but generally the people are nice. But OH GOD Australia has a bad relationship with gaming as a whole. We pay up to $110 for a game brand new, despite the AUD and USD being almost dollar for dollar, and our ratings board is bat shit crazy. But, can't complain too much, as at least PS3 games can be imported due to no region coding. Or so I'm told.

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
SirDeadly said:
Just need something to do in Adelaide!
You can come down to one our 'True Cinematic Gaming' events (look us up on facebook) if you're free when we're on.

OT: I think Australia's a great place to live. Yeah, people complain about our censorship laws and it's an ongoing gag that every creature on this landmass is out to kill you in horrible, horrible ways but at the end of the day; the people are almost always friendly, down here in SA the old rule of 9 degree's of separation becomes 2 degree's, and when your sick of city life, the country's only 15 minutes in any given direction.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
SirDeadly said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned our messed up national sport yet! Fremantle is the best by the way!
[small]Good old Collingwood forever![/small]

Ot: I love our Country but we do have some very necessarily over blown news, Like the hard hitting, no nonsense report into a man who was warning people that there was a speed camera ahead.
Just ask an Aussie about Today tonight or A current affair for a laugh.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I think it's big. Really big. I only realized just how large Australia is a few months ago, it's almost as big as the continental US states!

Other than that I know piss-all about the country other than what I've seen in film (the Edgertons are amazing!), read in books (Walkabout was damn good), and from what my recently-deported Aussie boss told me.

Oh yeah, and that Atkinson guy and that Rudd guy can go fark themselves.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Dr.susse said:
SirDeadly said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned our messed up national sport yet! Fremantle is the best by the way!

Ot: I love our Country but we do have some very necessarily over blown news, Like the hard hitting, no nonsense report into a man who was warning people that there was a speed camera ahead.
Don't even go there with Collingwood... One of the teachers at school is obsessed with the magpies.

Jake Stavroff

Nov 20, 2010
It's a continent. It has people. Cool animals. Great Barrier Reef. I like it. That ends today's brief description of an entire nation for those who care; and those who do actually care have probably figured out that this whole thing has been nothing but boring to read and also boring to write.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
AvsJoe said:
Oh yeah, and that Atkinson guy and that Rudd guy can go fark themselves.
Say whatever you want about Rudd, he did after all save us from the recession.
Dr.susse said:

See the Bombers fly up, up...

But yeah apparently Today Tonight and A Current Affair are our version of Fox News.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Mr.Numbers said:
Brisbane is great. Booming iPhone industry, Yahtzee, Steam punk and Anime fests, Yahtzee, excellent non crowded beaches, Yahtzee, Brilliant fishing, Ben Yahtzee Croshaw and, of course, Pandemic studios, former creators of the DaH series.
Of all the wonderful, amazing things Brisbane has to offer.. You felt the need to mention Yahtzee 4 times.. Hooboy..

Anyways.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Dr.susse said:
Or don't. There will be much ranting.

Australia...um...is the home of the best TV show about a group of superpowered teen were-mermaid girls that I know of.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
to be honest, the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Australia is kangaroos, deserts and big Fuck You spiders with mana bars

and a government full of idiots (videogame related, that is)

and Sidney, and a rather funky accent, aaaand that's all I know =P

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Daniel_Rosamilia said:
knight steel said:
I love Australia and have huge national pride for where i live ^_^. Although we have experienced some heavy natural disasters,but thats nothing compared to the 5 great drop bear wars.
Fuck me sideways, I forgot about those.
I did an assignment about those, they were brutal.
Apparently they almost went extinct in the 4th War, maybe that would explain the time span between the 4th and 5th.
Although, apparently, if they're domesticated, they make amazing house guards.
Haven't tried myself, a bit too dangerous.
OT: It's nice here, Winter's always a bit quieter, Summer's only good for charcoaling yourself on one of the MANY MANY MANY beaches we have, and our government makes me rage incredibly hard.
Indeed the 4th drop bear war nearly wiped the suckers out unfortunately they bred like crazy and by the 5th war they were back. We lost many great Australians that day including my Uncle :(. Seriously even after 20 bullets the buggers can still fight, realy the only reason they haven't taken over the world is the fact that they can't swim ^_^.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
I keep seeing top places to live in the world reports, and Australia always seems to have cities very high up on that list. Don't know much about Australia, but it seems like it is probably a lot nicer to live there than in merry old England.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
knight steel said:
Daniel_Rosamilia said:
knight steel said:
I love Australia and have huge national pride for where i live ^_^. Although we have experienced some heavy natural disasters,but thats nothing compared to the 5 great drop bear wars.
Fuck me sideways, I forgot about those.
I did an assignment about those, they were brutal.
Apparently they almost went extinct in the 4th War, maybe that would explain the time span between the 4th and 5th.
Although, apparently, if they're domesticated, they make amazing house guards.
Haven't tried myself, a bit too dangerous.
OT: It's nice here, Winter's always a bit quieter, Summer's only good for charcoaling yourself on one of the MANY MANY MANY beaches we have, and our government makes me rage incredibly hard.
Indeed the 4th drop bear war nearly wiped the suckers out unfortunately they bred like crazy and by the 5th war they were back. We lost many great Australians that day including my Uncle :(. Seriously even after 20 bullets the buggers can still fight, realy the only reason they haven't taken over the world is the fact that they can't swim ^_^.
They DID breed like crazy, but thankfully we've gotten THAT problem under control...
I saw one take a sniper bullet to the torso, and it was still standing.
They're tough. but they're not too bright.
Apparently they have a strange fondness for Bundaberg...
And just as well they can't swim, my little island fortress would be nothing but a smouldering wreck if they could.