What Do You Think Was The Best Weapon in Shooter History?

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
The Tesla gun from 007 rouge agent. Just like that has Tesla in the name and mess up enemy shields

mgold07

Jun 9, 2009
Anytime Sniper wins hands down, the ability to take off some random guys head with no talent. That's the best weapon of all lol

Satin6T

May 5, 2009
The farsight xr-20

"screw the rules I have (money) a gun that can see through walls, find people, and 1 shot kill them"

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
BFG9000, Turok's Cerebral Bore, the Railgun from Quake, the Holy Hand Grenade, Concrete Donkey, Halo 1's pistol, and of course, the Gravity Gun and Portal gun..

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Pretty sure there was a thread like this the other day.

Mirv from Fallout 3 is best one imo.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Darkrain11 said:
To quote Yahtzee's review of Painkiller "I'm not making this up the gun shoots bloody shurikens and lightning"
Truly a great weapon.
This. All I can say is "Epic Win"

Kijduse

Jul 15, 2009
Seems like a good place to make my first post:

Twin Double Barrel Pump-Action Sawn-off Shotguns (Marathon Durandal)

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
Best weapon and favorite weapon are two different categories in my opinion. One is practical, the other personal.

Best - the BFG because it obliterates everything with one shot

Favorite - hmm... this is tough, i would say probably a energy sword, but i actually don't play Halo much. i would say the portal gun but its more of a tool than a weapon. sniper rifles are always fun.

i'm going with Undecided for favorite. As for the best gun, someone with a BFG will destroy anyone/everyone else with a different weapon.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Ones I love:

Torque Bow, gears of war 1 & 2. A little tricky to use, but its got a lot of style, and is generally a one-hit kill.

Pulse Rifle, various AVP games: I loved it in Aliens... and I got to use it in the games. and it sounded just right too.

The cannon, Serious Sam. Because a full sized Vulcan Cannon just wasn't OTT enough.

And finally, the Bullgut from Shogo. A hand-held multi-missile launcher that did an Itano Circus every time you pulled the trigger.

loksoulreaver

May 24, 2009
I personally don't know if this counts but I liked the "Bullets" from stranger's wrath

your shooting small animals at people

that along with wasps that set people on fire

shaltir

Jul 3, 2009
8 medium lasers group fired

the mechwarrior series needs to bring back the medium laser love for those of us who don't care if we overheat every now and then.

Matu Flp Krwfe

Apr 1, 2009
The black hole gun of Unreal II. The rest of the game may have been on the uncomfortable side of mediocrity but that gun made the whole ordeal actaully seem worth while.

geon106

Jul 15, 2009
Either the nailgun in Quake or the Stakegun in Painkiller... both nice.

But, overall you can't beat a good old sword or bow and arrow in a FPS fantasy game :)

Olutta

Jul 15, 2009
Operation Flashpoint - Satchel Charge

Killing yourself with this piece kit is VERY easy but the boom it does makes me giggle. Nothing is more rewarding than watching a Soviet/American convoy disapper with the press of enter.

Phlopsy

Nov 21, 2008
The plastic bag from Manhunt. Although the shard of glass gives it a run for its money.