What do you want in mass effect 3?

Andrew_Waltfeld

Jan 7, 2011
I shall sum up what I want in Mass Effect 3:

For them not to **** around with backgrounds. If I was a survivor and my entire squad was massacred, more than a single sentence is going to be needed to dis-fuse me.

It so should have been:

followed by: A entire cut separate dialogue explaining this. It was so much of a ball drop that I literally got up and left my computer for 20 minutes when I started up the game and started playing.

Another thing:

- Cooling system is better. Just is.
- Armor customization. IT was pathetic in ME2. It was a cop out.
- I don't blame you for the lack of choices in ME2, you had to constrain some things, but your squad-mate missions were... ok, not the best replacement for side quests, but ok.

- I honestly think that the ME1 inventory setup was better. It's too streamlined to the point of there is no inventory. This is more of a shooter than a RPG - in this term. It was retarded. Mass Effect is less of a RPG, it's just RPGish now.

- combat was... ok. Not even a bare mark of improvement however except with animations, and re-tailoring some weapons. Seriously, there was nothing wrong with weapon cool downs. Tech/biotic abilities were useless. What happened is what happening to face-book, streamlined to death that it just starts to fall apart. A corset pulled too tightly.

- The stupid-ass system of Paragon and Renegade is retarded. Being neutral means you lose more? WTH. I wanted to play as myself and I find that I simple conversations I can't make because paragon/renegade points aren't enough? Please the morality system is just a backwards improvement.

- Ashley/Kadien/Liara as squadmates. Kasumi is in ME3 as squad mate. Period. Actually hell, I hope I have opportunities to kill/let them be killed. Heck, the only girl i liked in that game was kasumi - and she was DLC. Couldn't even romance her despite the fact that she was hell better than anyone else.

Been a while since I ranted about Mass Effect 2, but those are my two cents of what needs to be improved. They improved in some areas, but in other areas... it was just a big let down. Make it into a RPG again basically.

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
What do I want? Why, do join sides with the Reapers, kill everybody in the galaxy, and have reaper babies made out of them, of course.

....What? I always root for the bad guys, and the reapers are pretty damn good at being the bad guys.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Glaive_21842 said:
Legion. I want Legion.
Oh yeah, definitely this, he is always on my squad.

And to see what a quarian looks like.
And a turian female.
And a salarian female.
And a krogan female.
And a batarian female.

Wha.. There are rarely any females in mass effect?? WHAT SAUSAGE FEST IS THIS???

coldshadow

Mar 19, 2009
I want the dam best game ever. I want it massive, even if its like a 100 hour game. I don't care if it takes them 6 years to make it. I just want them to do the best dam job they can.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I want Shepard to actually say what's on the conversation wheel. She did it once in Kasumi's mission and I did a huge double take. Actually saying "goodbye" would have made a lot less conversations awkward sounding

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
Tali, Legion, Garrus and Grunt.

a return to the original game's ammo method, screw thermal clips. Maybe have them in limited numbers, and you can eject and replace in dire straights but their harder to get a hold of so it's a harder decision. Also keep the simplified weapons/item/armor system, the first game was just stupid with that.

I'd also like to see a battle sequence maybe on Earth's surface or something, where you field the entire team in combat.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
I posted this list on Bioware's forum

- Squad banter would entail minor conversations invoked by your squad commenting upon the area you are in and more openly talking to one another and not always Shepard. For example, bring Garrus to Tuchunka and neither he nor Wrex so much as blink at one another. Additionally, the conflict aboard the Normandy was a nice touch. It does not always have to be conflict, yet something, even just a few lines of dialogue between the characters would be nice.

- While I never complained about elevators, frankly because I never did find the delay as irritating as some would suggest. I certain hold them superior to the alternative and yes in disguising loading screens, especially on the Normandy.

- Never disliked the Mako, although I did eventually find the tediousness mount upon exploring barren planets with copy/pasted designs with slightly altered mountains or a swapped color palette. Meanwhile, the Hammerhead is a pain. Between the incessant beeping and the horrid lack of defense. I dread having to use that machine. I would propose a merger of the two and more developed side missions with actual dialogue. I always enjoyed assignments such as Major Kyle where you had a brief conversation and in some cases could elude combat. The N7 missions in ME2 are mostly monotonous. I do however fancy the non combative ones for their originality. Walking along a ship teetering on the edge of a cliff was intriguing.

- For the romance scenes. The conclusion was weak, especially in comparison to Mass Effect. The predecessor was tasteful and mature, the successor was cheap and PG. If games can get away with enough blood to flood a city. They can get away with what ME allowed. For ME3 I would rather see a focus on developing the existing romance and/or the conflict if you cheated. Yes, that entails no new romances. Developing a romance beyond sex is a rarity in games and I would love to see it. When Jack's appearance is more R rated than the romances. That is relatively embarrassing.

- Customization should be appended upon, wherein perhaps we can affix our weapons with a variety of different mods to impact one aspect, yet not any other. One concept I had would begin us with a single type of gun (Pistol, Shotgun and etc) with differential initial statistics and subsequent modifications would determine their end game potential with positives and negative features. For example, if you purchased mods (each through cash or resources) and focused entirely on compensating for the shotgun's lack of range and accuracy. You would have a high powered shotgun similar to the GPS, yet the trade off would be it was less powerful than someone who opted to force on creating a death gun.

Beyond weaponry, additional armor and casual wear would be nice. Most importantly, a helmet toggle or do not bother with armor we cannot pick apart. If the forums on the variety of sites I visit are any indication. Virtually no one uses those armors unless they play a joke run or wish to giggle when Shepard kisses through his/her helmet.

- Separate animations for Femshep or... just have her cross her legs. Seriously, the clipping I can handle but presenting Garrus with a wide shot up her dress while hilarious, sort of takes you out of the game. Like the abovementioned helmet kissing.

- Have biotics be capable of targeting through protection and perhaps weaken over time so they use more usage. Ditching the global cooldown so we are not spamming Charge, Cloak, AR, Singualrity and Tech Armor at least 75% would be nice.

- While most things I say could be repaired. Just remove Mission Complete screens. The gathering of the squad (ME) or Miranda and Jacob talking in the assembly room should suffice. Just please no Mission Complete screen. Use the email for an overview of the mission summary.

- Choices having an impact and returning squad mates in active (join your party) roles but these two have been beaten to death in other threads. So we shall just leave it at that.

Now adding to the above would be squad mates returning to active duty (not necessarily all and some from ME) and no bloody multiplayer component in any capacity. No, not a co-op and no not online. Furthermore, how about a main plot that is not bare bones and horrendously riddled with holes? ME2's Loyalty/Recruitment missions are fantastic with some exceptions (Grunt's, Jack's, Samara's) but the main plot was weak.

There are more (such as an overhaul of the morality system, which now sucks) however the list is long enough.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
Glaive_21842 said:
Legion. I want Legion.
Oh yeah, definitely this, he is always on my squad.

And to see what a quarian looks like.
And a turian female.
And a salarian female.
And a krogan female.
And a batarian female.

Wha.. There are rarely any females in mass effect?? WHAT SAUSAGE FEST IS THIS???
THIS IS SPARTA.

Yea i did a comic, movie, AND historical joke. You're welcome.
0_0

There aren't allot of women in Sparta, are there? (Never watched 300, my parents would get worried if I looked at... those guys)

Well done, sir.

Steampunk Viking

Jan 15, 2010
I loved Mass Effect 2, but I don't think it was perfect. I got a few things that I want them to have in Mass Effect 3.

1) Let's start from the top. Companions. I want (as possibilities as some can die in Mass Effect 2): Garrus, Tali, Liara, Wrex, Mordin and Legion. The rest I don't particularly care about.

2) More roleplaying elements! Mass Effect 2 severely lacked in this and sometimes felt like a level based shooter with optional missions, something that Mass Effect 1 didn't have. Keep the awesome controls from Mass Effect 2 and make it feel like Mass Effect 1!

3) Get rid of the god awful mining missions. Urgh. Seriously, I prefered Mass Effect 1's approach, and that's saying something.

4) I loved the fact that they removed the inventory system from Mass Effect 1, because it was awful having to sell everything or reduce it to omni-gel. Having said that, the fact you could find weapons laying around Mass Effect 2 and couldn't use them unless you researched them was a bit suspect. I think we should be allowed to swap weapons if we find them, but limit it to one person until researched, that'd make more sense to me.

5) Don't make paragon/renegade points the pure basis for intimidate/diplomacy, whoever came up with that idea needs shooting, seriously. There are some really good people in the world who are rubbish diplomats and really nasty ones who are good are it and not intimidating. I liked in Mass Effect 1 that these were skills that were boosted by your renegade/paragon rating, that made more sense to me (since if you're a complete bastard, you damage your diplomatic credibility, but you can still be pretty good at it).

6) Give us back the option to add grain to the video. Don't have to make it default because I know most people didn't like it in Mass Effect 1, but I did! It made it feel more like a gritty sci-fi film!

7) More Blasto: The first Haanar SPECTRE. Can I meet him? Pretty please?

Gruevy

Jan 7, 2011
I suspect that Bioware might be doing a test-run with the conversation wheel in DA2 so they can refine the system for ME3. I'd be slightly disappointed if they didn't do anything about it because I can see the potential in having more options on the right side of the wheel.

To tie it up with the morality bar, it could be something like:
Angry [Renegade]
Sarcastic [Renegade]
Angry [Paragon]
Sarcastic [Paragon]

So yeah, that would be pretty cool but I'll have to revisit this possibility after I've played DA2 first.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
First off I want all characters from the previous games to be playable, except in a few cases that go along with the story. For example in ME2 if you didnt do that job for Liara she cant join due to previous obligations. While Im on that note, Legion must make a reappearance. I never felt like he was given a chance to shine since he was with the group so little in ME2

I would also like to see a few new characters for those races that didnt get a character to represent them and talk about their species' culture/history. Such as a Volus infiltrator, Elcor soldier, Batarian anything, and a hanar biotic.

I would also like to see the other spectre's play a larger role in the game. In the first one we saw Nihlis and Saren, in the second we didnt really see any other spectres. Now that the security of galactic civilization is without a doubt in jeapordy we should see a lot more spectres getting involved as they try to aid shepard or even try to steal the credit from him/her

On a romantic note, I would like to see the chance for Shepard to romance anyone as any sex, giving the player the most options to actually roleplay their character however they want.

Theres only one big addition, or rather readdition, I would like with ME3's combat gameplay. That being grenades. We had them in ME1 and while they werent perfect I still missed them in ME2. Theres just something great about destroying a small group of bad guys with a single grenade. Perhaps make them one of the heavy weapons shepard can use? Then theres the fact that we could really use some more biotic and engineering powers too. I would also like the looting style of ME1 to return but keep the ME2 loadout choices. I really liked being able to just choose my loadout at the start of a mission in ME2 but I think there needs to be more weapon variety to keep it fresh which is why I think looting various weapons and armor would help

ChipSandwich

Jan 3, 2010
I think they should keep the inventory out of the game. It makes money have much more worth. How many people here ended up with 9,999,999 credits at the end of Mass Effect 1 after selling off all of their useless weaponry? Pretty much any game where you can sell weapons that you find lying on the ground have this problem. So yeah, make sure money is still worth it.

Also, gameplay and/or story consequences for both Paragon and Renegade.

I guess what I really want to see is the element of painful choice, where you can't have everything you want.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
a baby Salarian singing Gilbert and Sulivan...
Nuts to that, I want to see Mordin and his STG crew re-united. Then we could have a whole chorus line!

One
Two
Three
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!

Feb 19, 2010
dancinginfernal said:
Overheat system.

Fuck thermal clips. Am I the only one that thinks Recharger ammo > thermal clips.
nope.

i want romance conversations that have dialoug options that make you not sound like a pussy. i also want the abilaty to fly the hammerhead around earth ,or any planet of my choice. and female and male turians and krogan and elcor.AND JETPACKS! WHILE FIGHTING WOLVES THAT SHOOT LASERS!