What do you want in mass effect 3?

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
More.

Garrus, Thane, Legion, Wrex, Tali, Liara, Samara and Mordin return, preferably as usable squadmates.

Reworking of combat powers, so that they actually become useful again:

Barrier resists bullets and tech powers, strongly damaged by Biotic powers, but dampen any Biotic effects (I.E: Throw just knocks them off balance, like 5-10% of it's usual strength sort of thing).

Armour resists regular bullets and is highly resistant to direct Biotic damage, however is fully affected by Biotic physics attacks. Reave/Warp do minor degenerative damage, but make the armour far more susceptible to bullets. Tech powers do 75% or so damage against armour.

Shields resist against bullets and biotics equally, but half of what armour does due to the ability to regenerate. Tech powers do full damage against shields, or bypass them completely.

More armour variation and customisation.

More weapons, and the ability to modify the weapons with different pieces, each type of weapon having a large number of modifications to allow customisation of play style. This would be in addition to universal tech upgrades.

More in-depth RPG elements, like Mass Effect 1. Larger skill trees, unique events give unique bonuses, hidden/side quests allow improvements to existing powers/abilities, etc.

More freedom. I want to experience the galaxy of Mass Effect, not just small areas of the Citadel, Illium, etc.

Better quests. ME2's quests were rather tame. Overlord and Shadow Broker DLCs were far better than any of the quests in ME2. More like that!

A Yahg squadmate. Perhaps it could be balanced so that it couldn't take cover, and when under 25% health it could rampage and target you as well.

Far more in-depth worlds.

More exploration tasks.

Probably some other stuff too.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
The Rachni, a proper inventory system, level designs that are better than corridor-room with boxes-corridor, less fan service, more grit, the complete destruction of earth, saving the galaxy not just humanity.
"Wrex."
"Shepard."
Lots of unavoidable character death.
Noble sacrifices and tragic mistakes.
The Illusive Man going upriver to kill a rogue colonel.
Rowdy Roddy Piper trying to get Captain Anderson to put on some special sunglasses.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I want them to either drop the Thermal Clip/ammo bullshit and go back to the heat-bar, or make some combination.

niege

Aug 16, 2009
IBlackKiteI said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I want to see a day-care center. A little Quarian rolling around in a bubble, a tiny Krogan bullying the other children, a baby Salarian singing Gilbert and Sulivan...

It would be awesome...
Get this person a medal. NOW.

Mass Effect already has characters and dialogue completely nailed, but the combat is repetitive and boring.
If I could have one thing in it it would be better combat.
You two, are my new heroes

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
A three-player co-op, if only they can manage it without nerfing the fun of it all.

Better class powers. There's a reason most people used the Soldier. Adrenaline Rush, anyone?
That said, I still love the Vanguard the most. Charge 'til the day I die.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Tali, Ashley, Jack and Garrus. Mordin would be awesome as well, but I understand that might be to much to ask for.
dancinginfernal said:
Overheat system.

Fuck thermal clips. Am I the only one that thinks Recharger ammo > thermal clips.
This, but if not, let us carry more of the fucking things. I am always running out of clips for my pistol and shotgun.

GeoPB

Jun 10, 2009
I want Anderson to stop being a whiney little ***** and actually do something awesome like in the first game. The guy was put up for spectre for god sake!
I want Jacob and Kaiden to form a suicide pact at least 2 minutes into the game.
I want to fly the fucking ship. That's what we need - Dogfighting. Take it to the reapers all personal like.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
octafish said:
The Illusive Man going upriver to kill a rogue colonel.
For a moment I pictured that perfectly, and it was awesome....*hums Ride of the Valkyries*....

niege said:
IBlackKiteI said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I want to see a day-care center. A little Quarian rolling around in a bubble, a tiny Krogan bullying the other children, a baby Salarian singing Gilbert and Sulivan...

It would be awesome...
Get this person a medal. NOW.

Mass Effect already has characters and dialogue completely nailed, but the combat is repetitive and boring.
If I could have one thing in it it would be better combat.
You two, are my new heroes
Thank you kind sir.

Along with that there needs to be a serious addition of more appearance and armour customization options.
Feels like just swapping out the same few choices when making a new character sometimes, like no matter what you do it just looks like all your other ones.

Rabid Chipmunk

Nov 11, 2010
More variety, more set pieces, more opportunities like in ME2 where you can make a mistake that fucks everything up but the game keeps going regardless, and a cat-fight between Tali and Ashley, because apparently my ugly-ass Shepard is irresistable.

u4527646

Jul 20, 2010
A better moral choice system, I hate the fact that I have to be nice to EVERYONE in order to get a high enough paragon/charm rating to be able to convince teammates to join me or give the correct responses to things etc...

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
More RPG elements would be nice, and to see my old squad mates. More enjoyable combat would be nice too, 2's wasn't bad, but it could've been a lot better.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
After all the damn trouble I had to go through so nobody died I better get to keep them.
Other than that ill leave it to bioware they seldom dissapoint.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Did you ever read http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.254111-An-open-letter-to-Bioware

If not, I recommend it. It lists a great many things that Bioware should take into account and use for ME3.

For example I want more individual classes and loot back, and, though unlikely, I'd like more emphasis on combat than dialogue as I feel like the combat can get rushed and end early oftentimes and then I talk with people I may not like about subjects I don't particularly care about.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
dancinginfernal said:
Overheat system.

Fuck thermal clips. Am I the only one that thinks Recharger ammo > thermal clips.
No, I fucking hated thermal clips after the weapons in ME1 were already technologically explained. This was going to be my two cents, drop the damn thermal clips.

u4527646

Jul 20, 2010
bushwhacker2k said:
Did you ever read http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.254111-An-open-letter-to-Bioware

If not, I recommend it. It lists a great many things that Bioware should take into account and use for ME3.

For example I want more individual classes and loot back, and, though unlikely, I'd like more emphasis on combat than dialogue as I feel like the combat can get rushed and end early oftentimes and then I talk with people I may not like about subjects I don't particularly care about.
sumanoskae said:
One last thing. In my opinion, you really REALLY need drop the Paragon and Renegade as Charm and Intimidate ratings. Why?, because it conflicts with the games idea of moral choice(Good isn't good unless it thinks it'll go unrewarded). To (Sort of) quote Mr. Croshaw, I'm not thinking "What would I do in this situation?", I'm thinking "Which option is going to give me the most dickhead(Renegade) points, cause I need them to persuade Tali and Legion to not tear each others intestines out?", by introducing a reward that only we as players can see and acknowledge you force us to make decisions that we wouldn't otherwise and disconnect us from the gaming world by changing Sheppard's character in a way that isn't genuine, thus we no longer feel like Sheppard is us, and we're reminded that we're playing a game. It also destroys the ability to be neutral because if you're not all Paragon or all Renegade then you don't get the persuasion options. See, it's really just one choice at the beginning of the game, do you want to be The Punisher or Superman
HOORAY!

AlmostLikeLife

Apr 24, 2009
More side missions like ME 1. Actual side missions instead of missions to build my crew's loyalty. Although, I do like the loyalty system in ME 2.

A crew comprised of the best characters from the first two games. Garrus, Ashley/Kaidan, Tali, Miranda, Grunt, and Thane.

No more planet scanning. If they bring back the Mako, at least make the driving controls a bit better.

Find a happy medium with the loading screens. Elevators and holograph images aren't cutting it.