What do you want to happen to your body when you die?

Kal-Adam

May 7, 2010
So, my fellow escapist, my question is, what will you have happen to your body upon your death? Will you have it buried, perhaps cremated?

For example, I want to be buried when I die, But no with no coffin. Simply lowered into the earth, and then covered with the soil. Nothing separating me from the rest of the earth. I want no tombstone to stand monument to this spot. Instead, I want a Sapling of a tree planted on top of my grave. I think an apple tree. The only standing testament that any body lays buried on that spot, nothing else.

As my body disintegrates, physical evidence of myself will leave the world, but from my nutrients, the tree will feed and grow. Ad time goes on, the tree would grow strong, and fruit will bloom from it. From that fruit the creature of the world can feed freely. Giving them life, much like I gave life to the tree. Eventually, that tree will die, as all living things do. But it will have feed many; helping to give life.

When that tree dies, my final ties to the world will die with it. I will no longer have any physical attachment to this, or any world. Eventually, the creatures who ate from the tree will die, and feeding the world upon their deaths, much like I did. From the feeding, more will live, as that is how it will continue as the cycle of life upon death continues with it.

So, my escapist friends, what will you have done to your body?

Cosmosis

Mar 12, 2012
They can just do whatever, I'm not using it.

I got a relatively useful blood type, I'm sure someone will get use out of these guts.

Captcha: umbrella corporation

On second thought...

Cremation sounds good.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I want my body to be launched from a catapult down the Niagra river; it would make for a very interesting funeral.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I want my body launched into the sun. Spare no expense!

yeti585

Apr 1, 2012
To quote the movie Submarine, "there's this thing the vikings used to do." So I shall be put on a raft, vexed in gasoline, sprinkled in cast matches, and floated out to sea. After which, the person or two that was there shall go about their days as if nothing had happened.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Uh... anything?

If I'm dead then I am, by definition, long past caring what happens to my body.

So, I dunno, chop out the useful bits and turn the rest into dog chow.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I'm going to register as an organ donor, so when I die, they can take out anything that can possibly save somebody else from meeting the same fate.

From then, I kinda want to donate myself to science. Be a med-school cadaver or something. If I'm going to be a dead body, I might as well be useful to something or somebody.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Before I go into rigor mortis, I want to be positioned spread eagle style with my arms and legs out to my sides, and my face set with a massive open-mouth grin with my tongue lolling out to the side and my eyes wide open with apparent maniacal glee. I want to be interred wearing nothing but my boxers, a single sock, an lol-cat t shirt, and a fake handlebar moustache taped to my face. I want a spring placed in my casket, and at the funeral I want to be launched into the crowd of terrified onlookers spread eagle with my tongue out with a firework sparkler sticking out of my bum.

Or this, making the same tongue-out wide grin expression:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePNdcdNm9fY

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
... Why do you want poeple to eat from your creepy corpse tree? Haunted apple doesn't sound too appealing

OT: I plan for all my organs to be sold on the black market, and blood to be donated.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I command that my body explode upon death in a completely manly fashion.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Tear it open, rip out anything useful, then burn the rest.

Or throw it in a ditch. After they've taken the organs I don't really care what happens.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I want it purging with fire and whatever is left over scattered on the turf of Anfield.