What do you want to happen to your body when you die?

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
Step one; Die young and leave a pretty corpse, preferably through some method that leaves my organs intact
Step two; Donate all internal organs, possibly the corneas since my eyes won't be open
Step three; Have an undertaker make me really pretty, hold an open-coffin funeral
Step four; Be cremated and turned into a diamond so some remnant of me can become pretty and interesting jewellery!

Eyuup, I've planned this, and used the word 'pretty' way too many times

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Chopped up, organs sold, then cremated and shoved in the earth. Least space taken up, and at least whatever's left of me will be useful.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
My friends will make it seem like I did not die by the use of puppetry

bonus points if they have me walk down the aisle at my funeral

namhorFnodroG

Nov 2, 2011

Die? While having this thing? Pfft.

But seriusly, I'm planning to give my organs incase they are needed. I'm dead, It's not like I'm gonna have a use for 'em. Then when they're done with picking my corpse, I'm gonna be burned until I'm just ashes. End of story

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Ljs1121 said:
I'm going to register as an organ donor, so when I die, they can take out anything that can possibly save somebody else from meeting the same fate.

From then, I kinda want to donate myself to science. Be a med-school cadaver or something. If I'm going to be a dead body, I might as well be useful to something or somebody.
That's always been my feeling toward the whole thing too. If it's not doing me any good anymore, it might as well help someone else, even if it's just some kids in school. It beats sitting around wasting space, which we do enough of already when we're alive.

BluebellForest said:
Step two; Donate all internal organs, possibly the corneas since my eyes won't be open
As someone with keratoconus [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratoconus], I award you a gold star for the day for explicitly mentioning corneas. Mine seems to have settled down and stabilized at the point where it's only mildly annoying, but some people end up needing their corneas replaced entirely, and that's the most common/practical source.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Torch the bastard, ditch the ashes, and be done with it. If I need a monument to my life so desperately I'll build it while I'm alive.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Donated to science, or flung via a giant catapult through a three-inch thick pane of glass above someone's house who I never liked in life.

Either or.

Feb 22, 2009
Whatever. All these extravagant funerals just seem like a way to waste money from beyond the grave. I really can't bring myself to care what happens to my body after I die, personally.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
I want my useful, healthy organs removed to go to people that need them (I certainly wont need them) and my body cremated. I don't want any of my nutrients going back to the Earth. And I want my ashes dumped on a skyscraper somewhere because I have a love of things taller than me.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
I want it disposed of in a way that minimizes expense and effort to my family. Funeral homes and embalming services charge exorbitant prices for their services and products, even going as far as selling more expensive coffins that have more comfortable bedding inside. I know they like to pretend they're a legitimate business, but if you are selling a product on the grounds that it makes a dead person sleep better, you're a scammer. Not only are you a scammer, but you're using a family's grief as leverage to get more profit out of them. There are no words for what kind of jerk you are. None that I can use here anyway.

I hate scammers, and the idea of my corpse being used to scam my family makes me want to punch someone. This is compounded by laws that make it difficult to deal with a corpse without paying these douchebags. No DIY cremations, for example.

It's not a big item on my to-do list, since by the time it takes effect I won't have any goals or desires, but I'd like to set up the circumstances for my death so that there doesn't need to be any burial, and my family can say their farewells without paying ridiculous amount of money for it.

Stomperchomper

Mar 13, 2012
Well, hopefully I'll be eligible for interment in a dreadnought, but in the very likely circumstances that we haven't invented that yet, I'd go for a viking style funeral.

Buleet

Feb 21, 2010
put in the disney haunted mansion. replacing the hanged guy.
without the staff knowing of course. plus a videa camera. People need to see those wonderful reactions if the great sea-horse overlords allow fun and youtube inbetween our slave labour for sea sponges.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I want mine to be made into a puppet and used to scare children and the elderly.

Broax

May 17, 2010
I want to have mine donated to science.. I would like for the left overs to be buried as to continue the cycle of life but I was told it's rather unlikely scenario...

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
It would be a good ending for my body if it were to be cremated by lightning if that is possible. Then I want my family/children/whoever can do it, go to a large hill in high winds and then release my body. Then my ashes will be released into the world spreading to all corners of the world.

That would be a beautiful way for my body to go, but my beliefs tell me my soul will leave my body when I die and go to the afterlife (Heaven for me). Then I will meet God and then I will ask for my ultimate dream to come true.

Then maybe my body will re-form. Why...well thats a secret I don't want to spoil. ^_^

Captcha: "I love lamp", I F*CKING HATE THAT LAMP! D:<

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Donate my brain for the lattes hottest cyborg body in 15 years time.

They may use the rest of my body as they wish... yes, even "that".

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
I guess i'll keep it around for sentimental value, once my mind has been transferred into a computer of course.