What do you want to happen with your body when you die?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Huh, I'd never heard of 'sky burials' until you replied and the first thought that came to mind was a rather macabre 'corpse skydive'.
I was imagining getting shot out of a cannon and getting turned into chunky salsa in the process.

Anyway, just burn me to cinders. Maybe throw the ashes into the face of whoever is running the country at that time. Doesn't matter who.

Reactions: Kae

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
For my body to be recycled in some way so that it's nutrients and components can help other stuff live and thrive.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Something like this?

Sure, that would be fine. I'll be dead, I don't really fucking care what happens to my body. I'd rather it be put to use instead of preserving it in chemicals and sticking it in a graveyard just wasting space for centuries. That's some bronze age mysticism bullshit that needs to stop before we run out of space.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Cremation, scattered over the cliffs in Cornwall where we scattered my dad.

Song for funeral: Garbage, Silence is Golden. The whole song, it's my last chance to listen to it.

They can carry me in to My Ruin's Terror, and everyone can try not to head bang to the awesome bit. Especially the people carrying me.

Edit: funerals are, in my experience, awful. I would not want my loved ones to have to go through one for me. So just put me in there on my own and turn the speakers all the fucking way up (I'm a bit deaf).

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Casket is a waste of money. Light me on fire, dump the ashes in the woods.

Or, alternatively, make use of my corpse for science. But if I 'wake up' in a robocop suit...

That would actually be pretty cool. Do that. Please do that.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Casket is a waste of money. Light me on fire, dump the ashes in the woods.

Or, alternatively, make use of my corpse for science. But if I 'wake up' in a robocop suit...

That would actually be pretty cool. Do that. Please do that.
What if you wake up as ED-209 though?

Like you'd die again from using stairs.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
What if you wake up as ED-209 though?

Like you'd die again from using stairs.
In fairness, I'm not a fan of stairs in life either.

Also- bigarmgunsgobrrrrt.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Take whatever bits of my body out that are useful for medicine / research, and chuck the rest into the sea to be eaten by fishes, or bury it and have it eaten by worms. I'll be dead, I'm not going to care. Do something useful with it and don't waste resources.

If friends and family want a stone to my memory to dump somewhere and maybe visit occasionally, I guess they can go do that if they want, whatever makes them happy.