What does your name mean?

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
Don apparently means Respectable, or a gentlemen, I don't need to look up Christian, and Judd refers to "Coming Down" or something.

Musclepunch

Jan 9, 2010
Louis is pronounced loo-WEE. It is of French and Old German origin, and the meaning of Louis is "famous warrior". A name used by 18 French kings and numerous saints. The German form is Ludwig; a Latin version is Clovis, which was borne by a German tribal leader who ended the Roman domination of what is now France and made himself king.

issacization

Jul 6, 2009
Euan is Scottish and Gaelic origin for "little swift one" which is odd as im 6"1 and not very fast.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Enemy Of The State said:
Matthew apparently means "Gift from God", which I guess would make sense since my dad is a vicar...
Ironic that I typed what mine meant right after you brcause we have different names with the same meaning. That is why my parents named me and my brother, Matthew and Jonathan.

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
Craig is of Scottish/Gaelic and means 'dweller by the crag'. So basically I'm going to go live under a hill. Maybe I should become a hobbit?

Arcanite Ripper

May 1, 2010
I'm not sure offhand what James means being it's what I know such a universal name (nothing short of a google search can't fix, if you're more interested then me) though I remember it's origins for me derive from that one red train on the Thomas the Tank Engine show.

Edit: Deleted my foolishness; and actually looked up the name. According to Wikipedia My name is a Hebrew derivation from Jacob, and a single-worded understanding of the phrase "he supplanted, or ?holds the heel?.

Well damned if I'm not known for my heel-holding skills...

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Kathryn apparently comes from the Greek word 'kathris' meaning 'pure.' A school librarian once told me it also meant 'torture' but I think that's more because of St Catherine. So. Pure torture. Thanks mum.

I have another name which, put together, apparently means 'to open/to start an act of kindness (from above)' and to be honest, I don't really know what that means.

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
Palademon said:
Enemy Of The State said:
Matthew apparently means "Gift from God", which I guess would make sense since my dad is a vicar...
Ironic that I typed what mine meant right after you brcause we have different names with the same meaning. That is why my parents named me and my brother, Matthew and Jonathan.
That's pretty cool actually :D

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
I've found many meanings for Julian.

I German it means "Der aus dem Geschlecht der Julier", which means: "The one belonging to the house gens Julia". That's also the house of Julius Caesar and many other Roman people, including several emperors.
In English it means "Jove's child".
In French and Greek, it means "Youthful" and in Spanish it means "Youth".
According to wiki.answers.com, the spritual meaning is "warrior of the dimensions".

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Emily means Industrious and hard working\
and Clare, the name I go by, means Clear bright and shining.

Shiny and hard working, could be worse.

JRShield

Dec 9, 2009
Well, my name is Junior, I think we all know what it means... No, It's not like [dad's name] Jr. It's really Junior.

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
"Twin". Plain and simple. Appropriate, considering the fact that I am one. I'm also a doubting Thomas, preferring to know what I need to know before I do anything, and I also call bullshit when I need to.