What does your name mean?

Insert Comedy Here

May 22, 2009
There's no entry for Brenton, but the closest is Brent, which is 'From the High Hill', William means 'Protector', and Crabb is a nickname for the starsign Cancer, or that I lived near a crabtree.

The Protector From the High Hill Who Lived Near A Crabtree.

Tiss

May 18, 2009
Stephen is greek it means crown or garland and Matthew as has been said a couple times means gift of the lord. man, mine are boring compared to a lot of yours

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
You know I may have posted in this thread before....but it would take too long to find me in seven pages. So I'll answer anyway:

My first name is Joshua, which is derived from Jesus. Look it up if you don't believe it.
It's quite ironic really, but I do look a bit like Jesus as he is commonly depicted.

189-snakes

Sep 30, 2009
My full name is a mix of norse, hebrew, and spanish that means "The Lord will increase the ever powerful battle genius".

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
As far as I am aware my name doesn't mean anything.
But my name is Eddie and I was named after a character from the t.v show called bottom.
The character was called Eddie Hitler.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
well...

James -Supplant. Replace. Variant of Jacob derived from the latin Jacomus. First name
Ian - Gift from god in Ireland Scotland and Hebrew. middle name
Robert - Bright Fame in Germany England Scotland and France 2nd middle name
Last name - Means one who came from tree.

err so yeah take what you can from this

newfiegirl 110

May 10, 2010
Ironically my name, Andrea, means "Manly, virile". My maiden name meant "son of man"....so although I'm female, does that mean I'm a manly man?

YazBar

Jun 23, 2010
Yazan is a verb and it means "to weigh", just like the pitiless scales of justice

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
My name is Cristian(Christian in english),though I don't know what it means and would like to be enlightened on the matter..

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Mine is pretty straightforward:

Summer - Summer season
Violet - Purple-colored flower

Mom and dad were hippies, what can I say? It was originally gonna be Summer Sky, or Summer Rainbow, or Summer Rain.

My brothers are the ones with cool names. Although we tease my younger brother because he has two saints' names and he's the hellion of the three of us.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
Andrew - Comes from the Greek "Andros" meaning strong (My parents chose well on that one)